starting strength gym
Page 1710 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 71012101610166017001708170917101711171217201760181022102710 ... LastLast
Results 17,091 to 17,100 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I really do not mean to be offensive, but you guys are worried about these transhumanist elements because you have not read much of anything in your life, other than short burst Twitter feeds and extremely simplified articles. For instance, the Great Reset book is absolutely nothing new, it is your typical European style public-private partnership droning. Your gut reaction to this is fine, but people thinking that Klaus Schwab and gang have any kind of real influence on society is one of the most amusing elements of the Covid era.
    They have tremendous influence, otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about them. The "you will own nothing and be happy" meme is one of the greatest examples of "spell casting" in modern history. I think you are the one who doesn't understand these people. They are the wizards, but you don't even believe the wizards exist. They must seem like mere clowns to you. The real difference here is you see things from a very reductively practical and modern point of view, while I absolutely do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is absurd, and I'm not interested in reading the rest of it.
    It is absurd, and it's never going to happen, but they believe it will. They really do. And they'll burn the world to the ground trying to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Woodruff View Post
    My suggestion to you and the rest of us in Australia who don't want to get poisoned, would be to pool our resources and setup our own separate community. Buy land under a trust account with however many want to join. In Queensland it's still possible to make money with the mandates in place as long as you work for yourself. A small self sustainable community would be able to feed themselves and still earn a living from those who have the skills to build/create/sell and so forth. Not a new concept by any means and brings forth images of hippie communes from the 70's but that not withstanding it may be a way to survive the current bullshit until if or when it ends.

My wife and I are already currently in the process of doing something like this on a small scale as she works in a job not currently affected by the mandates here in Queensland. I'm a carpenter by trade and am able to work for myself mostly for cash now days. We are looking at selling our current house and moving further away from south east Queensland where most of the covid bullshit has centred in our state. Thanks to being a farm boy I have what I like to call 'life' skills rather then 'desk jockey' skills and returning to a more rural life has me pretty excited.
    Ignore the overly negative people in this thread and the whining, the decision to move to the country is probably the best one you ever made. Developing real life skills instead of desk jockey ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    They have tremendous influence, otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about them. The "you will own nothing and be happy" meme is one of the greatest examples of "spell casting" in modern history. I think you are the one who doesn't understand these people. They are the wizards, but you don't even believe the wizards exist. They must seem like mere clowns to you. The real difference here is you see things from a very reductively practical and modern point of view, while I absolutely do not.
    No, it is because I work with people like these and I constantly read actual books written by them and about them. For instance, I have read the Great Reset book. You haven't. I mean, I don't care, you can believe in wizards all you like, I already said I find it extremely amusing, I am even laughing out loud as I write this. It is just that I believe gilead is not beyond reason, so I can get into an actual conversation with him every once in a while.

Ignore the overly negative people in this thread and the whining, the decision to move to the country is probably the best one you ever made. Developing real life skills instead of desk jockey ones too.
    The negativity doesn't worry me, that's to be expected when people are angry or feel threatened. What really astonishes me is how no one on here seems to want to do more then be aware of what's happening. To me this the equivalent of the pig going to slaughter completely aware the farmer is about to kill it but it does nothing to try and escape, it simply screams about how it knew the farmer is a bastard. Or as Rip likes to point out how that bloke here in OZ was arrested and was confused but happy to comply. Talking on this forum about how we are all being royally fucked is a great start but if it doesn't turn into action you are the same as the pig and the confused but compliant arrestee in my book.

I imagine the (perfectly healthy and sane) response of "This is absurd and I'm not interested in it" also was heard over the morning newspaper in the very early days of Magnus Hirschfeld's work.

Our society now gives hormone blockers to our children, psychologically abuses them and mutilates them. Here, taxpayers happily agree to pay for this to be carried out. This would have been incomprehensible.

What our elites are doing to us is absurd, but the why is even more incomprehensible to normal every-day people. It's completely Satanic, in the Paradise Lost rebellious Lucifer sense - going against the "tyranny" of everything which is natural and normal.

No, it is because I work with people like these and I constantly read actual books written by them and about them. For instance, I have read the Great Reset book. You haven't. I mean, I don't care, you can believe in wizards all you like, I already said I find it extremely amusing, I am even laughing out loud as I write this. It is just that I believe gilead is not beyond reason, so I can get into an actual conversation with him every once in a while.
    You acknowledge they have captured the public imagination, but it's only because most people don't have the attention span to read their books. But you have, so you know how mundane and inconsequential they are, yet you still read them constantly for some reason. I half expect you to say you need to read these books for work. Anyway, I think dead writers would be far better time spent.

As a side note, Trump was also a wizard. Most of his presidency was in costume. The few times he wasn't were interesting and worth taking note of. But all the really fucked up wizards despised him, so I was okay with it.

Journalism: CDC shifts pandemic goals away from reaching herd immunity - Los Angeles Times

1. There is no mention of the natural immunity that happens when you survive the infection. Not one word. To this child, immunity comes only from vaccination.

2. The infection survival rates are quite high, and readily available:

AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

I really do not mean to be offensive, but you guys are worried about these transhumanist elements because you have not read much of anything in your life, other than short burst Twitter feeds and extremely simplified articles. For instance, the Great Reset book is absolutely nothing new, it is your typical European style public-private partnership droning. Your gut reaction to this is fine, but people thinking that Klaus Schwab and gang have any kind of real influence on society is one of the most amusing elements of the Covid era.
    There's always been the intellectual/credentialed "Class" who partake in intellectual navel gazing about how society "should" be. Plato's Republic was just that. Hell, get a few of us randomly selected from the board, give us a beer and put us around a campfire at night and we'll discuss what we'd do to improve society.
    There appears to be an inbuilt desire amongst humans to change society and the world.

The difference is that increasing technology and rising wealth means that these people have the ability to do it, or more ability than has ever existed in history.

The fact that it appears to be an instinctive human desire, as well as continual themes that are found throughout religions, make satanic comparisons natural.

You're right, the great reset book is nothing new. I read it before, except it was called Future Shock and it was written in 1970 by a different guy.

What's different is the fact that the author is now in charge of a supranational institution with massive resources and influence.

-----------------------------------------------------

On another topic, 10 whistleblowers from within Queensland's health department from various roles speaking out about the horrors of the vaccine for young healthy people. Particularly interesting is the paramedics talking about numbers of cardiac cases they've never seen.

I can also confirm what they say about AHPRA dictating the opinions it's members must hold is true too.

Whistleblowers Speak on COVID-19 Vaccine Injuries (Long)

Thanks, David and VNV.

I didn't intend my post to sound like a 'poor-bugger-me' whinge because I'm strangely optimistic about what lays ahead. Melbournites are out in big numbers as I type this.

Subby, my 17yo has no logical reasons for getting it. I've asked many times. I figure she just doesn't want to be the odd one out.

Cheers.

starting strength coach development program
    Re: transhumanism and "separating conciousness from the body"... it isn't absurd at all if taken figuratively. I posit that within this century technology will be developed (and mandated, based on how things are going) in the form of a neural interface that will be able to censor/shape/filter how humans experience reality, toward the whims of the technocrats. Imaging Facebook-type censorship, but instead of a post being deleted or a meme removed, your own thought is deleted and your own opinion is removed. Perhaps even your ability to conjure a thought that is counter to the mainstream narrative is prevented.

It'll start virtuous enough... "Install this neuralink update which will prevent you from having racist/sexist/homophobic thoughts... wait, you don't want those thoughts censored? What are you, a racist?"

I have a funny feeling we're going to look back at Covid as the start of this, unless something major causes a shift of the current trajectory.