starting strength gym
Page 1714 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 71412141614166417041712171317141715171617241764181422142714 ... LastLast
Results 17,131 to 17,140 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He didn't claim to be an epidemiologist, and I never said he was.
    The idea of "focused protection" (Great Barrington Declaration) which this guy advocates is a sort of apartheid for the over 50's and older. It might work in lower population densities such as western countries, but in places like India and China people live on top of each other young and old. In some of the places I have been any infectious disease spreads like a wildfire, it may not be CV-19, but measles, chicken pox, tuberculous and the like. Mark I think some of this stuff is getting silly.

It's been silly for 21 months.

AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

Anything you try to do about such a thing is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been silly for 21 months.

AGE INFECTION SURVIVAL RATE
    0-19 99.9973%
    20-29 99.986%
    30-39 99.969%
    40-49 99.918%
    50-59 99.73%
    60-69 99.41%
    70+ 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ 94.5% (all)

Anything you try to do about such a thing is silly.
    Mark that graph I think originated from Dr. John Ioannidis, it may well be accurate, however it does not account for those who had CV-19 but are still suffering from the long term effects of this disease. You may well survive, but at what cost physically?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    The idea of "focused protection" (Great Barrington Declaration) which this guy advocates is a sort of apartheid for the over 50's and older. It might work in lower population densities such as western countries, but in places like India and China people live on top of each other young and old. In some of the places I have been any infectious disease spreads like a wildfire, it may not be CV-19, but measles, chicken pox, tuberculous and the like. Mark I think some of this stuff is getting silly.
    Wal, I think you watch too much channel 7 and other mainstream Australian news.

Ex-policewoman Speaks Up! Melbourne. - YouTube

"Daniel Andrews, You're Going to Need a Bigger Camp A**hole!" - YouTube

Craig Kelly
    And Alex makes 6.

We now have 2 Federal MP’s and 4 Senators opposing Vaccine Mandates.

Myself & George Christensen - Senator Gerard Renick, Senator Pauline Hanson, Senator Malcolm Roberts and now Senator Alex Antic.

Courage is contagious. History is watching. Who will be the 7th ?

Liberal senator pledges not to back government legislation in protest against vaccine mandates

Be glad you don't live here, be even gladder you don't live with the people in the comments.

(Please don't call and send fake tips either)

The tyranny of a both limited and imperfect life is not having enough time to both learn and manifest internal and external improvement through hard and efficient work. I think the two biggest winners of the last two years have been those who have taken their time during the Great Pause to learn and pay attention to the truth they could pick out from the mess, and those who have been able to persist in wealth production despite the bulk of society insisting on squandering the wealth that allowed our great mistake.

It has weighed on me heavily, just recently, that it is time for me to join the latter more strongly. Things need to be done, and I need to leverage a life of learning and analysis to work. I need to practically address the internal and external issues and move forward into manifesting wealth and prosperity.

There's a time to stop picking at the wallpaper and get your hands dirty. How I'm going to do that with my background isn't immediately apparent, but I suppose that means more failures before success.

------------

A long and very dense video that provides a lot of threads to pick at and follow if there are those of you who are still interested with some insightful synergies between psychological analysis, history, and earnest scientific effort. It touches many of the issues we've discussed here.

Apocalypse Never? | Michael Shellenberger | The JBP Podcast - S4: E:51 - YouTube

You mean the India and China that are getting so hammered by Covid in contrast to western countries?

Are you suggesting that, because maybe this method won't work in China and India, we shouldn't have done it in the US, or Britain, or Australia?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Gunshot Induced Covid Death in New Zealand - YouTube

Obviously the stats are just made up, but this one slipped out and mistakenly got reported with a straight face.

It's not that the WHO guidelines are stupid (I'm pretty sure even the WHO don't say this), it's just that everyone involved in the NZ ministry of health didn't speak up to stop this travesty of a situation occurring. The lights are flashing, the boom gates are down, but the train's just not coming.

starting strength coach development program
    Focused protection may have the problems you say but it also has the problem of not being politically correct in the Western world.

It would “unfairly” discriminate against age, ethnicity and poverty.

Supporters of focused protection rightfully argue that resources allocated to the vulnerable groups would have been money more effectively spent than total lockdown.

I have argued that politicians favored “one size fits all”, not because of uncertainty, medical, or economics, but for the perception of being anti-discriminatory.

Although I may be the lone voice on this board , and I am mildly ridiculed, I still am confident my point holds up.