starting strength gym
Page 1727 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 72712271627167717171725172617271728172917371777182722272727 ... LastLast
Results 17,261 to 17,270 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    There exist many evil fucks that connect the dots and are well aware. And there are many stupid fucks with cognitive dissonance at the level of a deer staring at a trucks headlights just before it gets smashed by that truck.
    And to add to that, I feel that many people in leadership are well aware, they are just yellow belly cowards that are afraid to stand out amongst their peers.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post

Don't believe me for God's sake, think for yourself, however I reckon that is good advice you have given and that is I move on.
    The only people I heard complaining about long Covid were guys like you, who got scared and then tried to cover for this once they had Covid and had few to none symptoms.

And to add to that, I feel that many people in leadership are well aware, they are just yellow belly cowards that are afraid to stand out amongst their peers.
    Careful, that’s like saying many astrologists know they they can’t predict anything.

In seriousness, I think there is a trend to hire leaders that are intrinsically not. I don’t really have a sense if that’s an increasing problem or is timeless.

Maybe we should point out great leaders and say why? I’ve always had a crush on Teddy Roosevelt but mostly because he seemed to lead the Calvary so enthusiastically, on a horse, from the front.

And another day without a decision in the Rittenhouse case. The jury is hung, obviously, probably in fear for their safety. What does this mean for any case with any exposure in the party media?

There exist many evil fucks that connect the dots and are well aware. And there are many stupid fucks with cognitive dissonance at the level of a deer staring at a trucks headlights just before it gets smashed by that truck.
    A couple days ago I walk into a public library, the librarian stops me to ask me for the green pass (that's how we call it in Italy). I was surprised you needed it just to walk into the goddamn building, so I asked him about it, and he got immediately upset. He told me it's the law. I told him "if the law told you to jump off the building would you do it?".
    He got more upset. I felt good. I knew some crazy shit was coming out of his mouth.
    We ended up arguing a little bit, but I immediately gave up after he told me this: "I'm a pure anarchist, but hey, the State is my employer, they pay me, they make the rules, so as a PUBLIC OFFICER, I have to enforce them. I DON'T CARE about common sense"

There was so much, so much cognitive dissonance, that I just gave up. You just can't talk to someone this mentally ill. They're just gone. These people live a complete lie and they don't even know it. This guy thinks he's a public officer because some branch of government told him he was. Our governments made it possible for sad, boring, middle age State employed beta-males and frustrated females, and new age, propaganda driven, no real job having kids, to be an authority. Among other categories as well.
    People who have never once in their life have had to take responsibility for anything are now making decisions about shit they don't know anything about. And they are proud of it. And are still not held responsible for anything that happens.
    This librarian in particular was so up his own ass it was just amazing to watch.
    Bringing up anarchy while being paid by the State and enforcing their authoritarian laws.
    Have words and definitions been completely flipped upside down?

These people are functioning obedient idiots, and they are the most dangerous type along with government employees and politicians.
    Ignorant people who are unaware are fine, they don't really do damage, because they can switch their minds pretty quickly depending on the situation.
    But these guys, they are always sucking from the government's tit, no matter what the situation is, and they will justify ANYTHING the State does, and contribute to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    As a layman, here's what throws me...

Polio hit in the 1930s and we didn't have a widespread vaccine until the 1960s. It worked!
    The Salk vaccine worked (mostly) at preventing severe disease rather than preventing infections. It's only ~20ish% effective at preventing infection, and even the protection against severe infection requires multiple doses. People still got infected and spread the virus to others. The Sabin vaccine was better at preventing infection, but because it was a live virus, it can be passed to others who occasionally develop poliomyelitis from the vaccine-derived virus. It's more complicated than 'It worked'.

The SARS-CoV 2 vaccines may not be as good at preventing severe disease as 4 doses of the Salk vaccine is, but they do a good enough job that I would not agree that they are failed vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And another day without a decision in the Rittenhouse case. The jury is hung, obviously, probably in fear for their safety. What does this mean for any case with any exposure in the party media?
    That modern media has managed to actually break the American justice system. Enemy of the people indeed.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No more fair trials that have a spotlight on them, that’s for sure. The mob rules in that instance. Even though this trial has been one pooch screw after another I believe we haven’t seen peak fucked up yet.