starting strength gym
Page 1747 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 74712471647169717371745174617471748174917571797184722472747 ... LastLast
Results 17,461 to 17,470 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is bullshit Barry. Boomer mythology.
    Space rocks?

The Salvation Army seems to be the most annoying organization in North America. The bell ringers, and now this: Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism | Central Nova News

__________________________________________________ ________________________

And let's talk about the piece-of-shit judge that let this animal out on $1000 bail because George Soros told him to.

Darrell Brooks' long life of crime before Waukesha Christmas parade attack

How should he be killed? The Judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Space rocks?
    Not bad. That’s probably how we got here in the first place.

It’s coincidental until proven otherwise. My theory is just a guess that barely holds to the evidence. But it holds.

I’ve been arguing about “quarantine for all” as a near global policy response to COVID.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving let’s agree to debate in good faith.
    The issue I take with your anti-discriminationism theory, Barry, is that it is not found across nature; it does not exist on a normal curve throughout nations. Perhaps you have overlooked that if PC wokeness is not naturally-occurring human behavior, it must have been foisted upon us idiot w
    Westerners by someone. Answer the who/why of THAT synthetic substance (brainwashing Westerners about the holy merits and unquestionable divinity of anti-discrimination), and you will understand a whole lot of what's going on today, CoVid-related or not.

See, you'd like us to accept your theory as possible until disproven, like many scientific theories, but that fact that your theory does not hold true outside of the West, IMHO, immediately disqualifies it.

It's a pleasant theory to hold, I'll admit, in that no one is intentionally desiring to destroy us, since CoVid "just happened" in the natural course of events, much like the women in Eminem's raps don't choose to risk impregnation, but rather trip slip, and fall on some man's d*ck.

But the longer we placate ourselves by holding this theory, while our children are muzzled to go to school and our teens are jabbed, and "workers" must be jabbed to keep their taxpaying plebe status, the more often and deeper will will all get f*cked by these d*cks! (God lord, fellow Americans, what the hell has gotten into you!?)

Or, Barry, in the interest of honest debate, I may be misinterpreting or over-simplifying things.
    I've shared the reasons for my incredulous disagreement with your proposal - can you share why you're so averse to the "evil dicks screwing us from above" theories?

sure.

Lazy, Jovan; just man up and concede the point. Has your country dropped its muzzle mandates or vexxine pushes? Thought so.

Your avoidance-of-economic-collapse theory is too thought-provoking, and Matt's ideas here too fascinating, as well, for you to get all lazy and teenage-girl-like (whatevs!) in your response.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Wow, this was an amazing interview. 52 minutes long and it felt too short.

The physical copy of his book is sold out on Amazon.
    I ran into him a few times here in Boston, but don’t know him personally.
    Years ago I always thought he was a kook, crazy s.o.b. Now maybe I was the one who had it wrong.
    Still don’t like his ambulance chasing, predatory, class action lawsuit ways but he may be right about Fauci and the CDC.
    Never in a million years did I think I would be saying that. And I give him props for marrying Cheryl Hines, she is cute as hell.
    And good for Tucker Carlson as always having points of view discussed that would never be expressed on any other network show.

Always read Denninger: Are You Done Yet? in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

You see, we are in a "pandemic", right? Said virus mostly sickens and kills old people. Indeed the average age of death for someone Covid-19 killed is roughly equivalent to adult life expectancy. All people over 65, for all intents and purposes, are on Medicare. People over 65 who get Covid-19 go to the hospital and there many of them die, but those who don't die run up a hell of bill, right?

Ok, so how is it that in the fiscal year ending in September the Federal Government spent $354.3 billion on hospital charges and the year before, which I remind you was mostly before Covid-19 existed with the exception of the spring surge, it spent $404.5 billion? Oh, and the year before that, which was entirely before Covid-19 as that fiscal ended in September of 2019, CMS spent $407.1 billion on hospital services.

How is it that by anything other than intentional misconduct designed to remove people from being on Medicare, and there's only one way to do it my friends, that during the worst alleged pandemic in 100 years which mostly seriously sickens and kills old people the government spent less on hospital care than the year prior and as said pandemic has progressed and killed even more old people said hospital spending has gone down?

I noted this disparity in the spring when it became obvious that the Winter from Hell for our Seniors did not translate into greater hospital spending by Medicare -- in fact it was the opposite. How is that possible if the hospitals were stuffed to overflowing with older people, all of whom are on Medicare? Something doesn't jive -- perhaps we should look at whether we pulled those people forward into the hospital and stuffed them full of a drug that caused them to expire and thus not need the expensive heart surgery.

Naw, government would never do anything like that, right? It's not like the federal government "mandated" and in fact pays a bonus even today to hospitals if they use a drug that was deemed too dangerous to give to Ebola patients, a disease that kills half of those who get it, on everyone admitted for Covid-19......

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    The issue I take with your anti-discriminationism theory, Barry, is that it is not found across nature; it does not exist on a normal curve throughout nations. Perhaps you have overlooked that if PC wokeness is not naturally-occurring human behavior, it must have been foisted upon us idiot w
    Westerners by someone. Answer the who/why of THAT synthetic substance (brainwashing Westerners about the holy merits and unquestionable divinity of anti-discrimination), and you will understand a whole lot of what's going on today, CoVid-related or not.

See, you'd like us to accept your theory as possible until disproven, like many scientific theories, but that fact that your theory does not hold true outside of the West, IMHO, immediately disqualifies it.

It's a pleasant theory to hold, I'll admit, in that no one is intentionally desiring to destroy us, since CoVid "just happened" in the natural course of events, much like the women in Eminem's raps don't choose to risk impregnation, but rather trip slip, and fall on some man's d*ck.

I don’t think COVID occurred naturally.

I don’t think political correctness is natural either. For simplicity the natural opposite would be survival of the fitness. This is well established, more or less.

Political correctness is reflected in all elements of western society, from sports, to employment, to politics, and all sorts of things. I would guess at any magnification, the degree of political correctness mandated and followed, fall under a natural distribution, but that’s a guess.

I believe the Western response to COVID dominated the global response in that that is where the lions share of scientific, medical, intellectual, and financial resources are. And while I may be very naive on this, I don’t believe understanding how or why the poor countries responded will help explain much w.r.t the “quarantine for all” stupidity.

This was my initial thinking...
    It could be that soccer players are using some new designer PED thing that interacts badly with vaccines.
    Mark, I'd imagine with the number of soccer teams and players in the US, Berenson would have reported about it, don't you think?

And the Media is the worst, maybe worse than politicians...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And it could be that since high HR and RR are features of the physiology of the game -- not so much American football, hockey, and basketball -- drugs that adversely affect heart function and respiration cause more adverse effects therein.

Gosh, Mike, how would this even be possible? The media not reporting something?
    Thank you Gilead for this. One note... The basketball player cited - he was playing Florida State, and that game was last season. Pretty sure the vaccine wasn't out then, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    It's happened to basketball players, cricket players as well as many normal people. If I don't get around to it today, I will get you a few links within a couple of days.

Basketball- '''I could have died''': Florida Gators star Keyontae Johnson opens up about on-court collapse

Found this list made up of people from all different fields of sports WORLDWIDE SURGE OF SPORTS PEOPLE SUFFERING SUDDEN HEALTH ISSUES AND DEATH – The Burning Platform

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    I ran into him a few times here in Boston, but don’t know him personally.
    Years ago I always thought he was a kook, crazy s.o.b. Now maybe I was the one who had it wrong.
    The thing about successful kooks is, you know they didn't spend their whole careers focused on convincing the world they aren't kooks. That's an important thing to know.

starting strength coach development program
    I believe the Western response to COVID dominated the global response in that that is where the lions share of scientific, medical, intellectual, and financial resources are. And while I may be very naive on this, I don’t believe understanding how or why the poor countries responded will help explain much w.r.t the “quarantine for all” stupidity.
    Now your idea requires that Western but not poor countries intentionally act in ways that cause them to self-destruct? *I* ain't buying it.

I think I gave your posits a fair shake in my previous post, so why do you think the "d*cks trying to screw us all over" theories are less believable than yours? Because they're too scary or reprehensible to even contemplate?

Barry, I hope this is helping you seriously consider the validity of your hopeful theory, and not just squabble with me to earn rhetorical points.
    If you're right our kids stay muzzled and jabbed, and we, unemployed, until we eliminate affirmative action and the Left's push for equal outcomes, not opportunities, and THAT'S so unattainable in the near future that it's terrifying to think it's a prerequisite to the mandates ending.