starting strength gym
Page 1748 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 74812481648169817381746174717481749175017581798184822482748 ... LastLast
Results 17,471 to 17,480 of 30189

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Potential new variant in South Africa. Here is how the market responds.

“If the announcement is, the vaccine works on this, back up we go,” said Adam Webb, chief investment officer of Blue Creek Capital Management. “If the vaccines don’t work against it, then good night Vienna.”

Dangerous simpletons. No way out with this thinking, in him and his Fauci’s.
    I've been playing this game with the market for two years. Last time the market crashed was because of fears of Mu. Happened on a Friday. I bought SPY calls. Loaded the fucking boat with them. Monday came around and the headline at the end of the day was, "Market shakes fears of new COVID variant. S&P 500 has largest daily gain since (I forget when, but it was good)."

Guess what I did today? I bought a shitload of SPY calls again. You know why? Because the Fed was just about to (slowly) stop buying junk bonds and wean this inflation-ridden economy off the free money drug it's so hooked on. And, how convenient, just a week after the Fed Chairman is reinstated, a new variant comes along to scare every pansy-ass back into thinking that surely we'll lock down again. The Fed will respond predictably: by putting new ink cartridges in the money printer. Today was a great buying opportunity.

Side Thought: If you were a hedge fund in NYC with billions of dollars at your disposal, wouldn't it be nice to have a few friends in the largest media market in the world (also, NYC) who could pump doom and gloom onto the airwaves so you can buy your equities at a hefty discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

I think I gave your posits a fair shake in my previous post, so why do you think the "d*cks trying to screw us all over" theories are less believable than yours? Because they're too scary or reprehensible to even contemplate?
    I’ve agreed that the theory that the COVID response was engineered for financial gain and getting out of pending financial doom was a very compelling theory. I went further to say it seems more likely than anything I have come up with.

However, such a theory is a conspiracy of intent and requires factual evidence. Some names and structures have been suggested .

Ivermectin in Japan: Ivermectin in Japan - YouTube

This would seem to be rather important, what with the goddamn end of the goddamn world looming just around the corner in the person of the "omicron variant," but nowhere is it being referenced in the state-run media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

This would seem to be rather important, what with the goddamn end of the goddamn world looming just around the corner in the person of the "omicron variant," but nowhere is it being referenced in the state-run media.
    You never forget your first end of the world. After the third or fourth time it just kinda loses its luster.

Oh my god. A horrific set of mutations that allows it to dodge vaccines! Fuck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I've been playing this game with the market for two years. Last time the market crashed was because of fears of Mu. Happened on a Friday. I bought SPY calls. Loaded the fucking boat with them. Monday came around and the headline at the end of the day was, "Market shakes fears of new COVID variant. S&P 500 has largest daily gain since (I forget when, but it was good)."

Guess what I did today? I bought a shitload of SPY calls again. You know why? Because the Fed was just about to (slowly) stop buying junk bonds and wean this inflation-ridden economy off the free money drug it's so hooked on. And, how convenient, just a week after the Fed Chairman is reinstated, a new variant comes along to scare every pansy-ass back into thinking that surely we'll lock down again. The Fed will respond predictably: by putting new ink cartridges in the money printer. Today was a great buying opportunity.

Side Thought: If you were a hedge fund in NYC with billions of dollars at your disposal, wouldn't it be nice to have a few friends in the largest media market in the world (also, NYC) who could pump doom and gloom onto the airwaves so you can buy your equities at a hefty discount?
    I'd buy in these dips if I understood finance better and had more discretionary.

Fukushima created a similar (singular) opportunity. There was a major dip in the Nikkei, but I didn't know how to invest in it. I and others knew it was coming back, as it did of course.

I guess "variants" get MORE deadly now? Funny how it's the opposite for every novel disease in history. How many "variants" has the flu gone through at this point? More than there are letters in the greek alphabet, that's for sure.

And yet, RNA technology was used to create mRNA to mass produce spike proteins en masse inside of the body. If I had the time, it would be interesting to see what has been done regarding viral RNA destabilization, though I imagine it is likely very involved. This year has certainly demonstrated the risks of playing God with, instead of working through, the body's natural capacities and capabilities.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

I believe the Western response to COVID dominated the global response in that that is where the lions share of scientific, medical, intellectual, and financial resources are. And while I may be very naive on this, I don’t believe understanding how or why the poor countries responded will help explain much w.r.t the “quarantine for all” stupidity.
    The Western response was based on the Eastern response. Remember, China started the lockdowns then the Western world started salivating at how South Korea leveraged their cashless system of transacting to "contact trace."