starting strength gym
Page 1751 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 75112511651170117411749175017511752175317611801185122512751 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,510 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Denninger on the latest end-of-the-goddamn-world scenario: Only Two Things Are Infinite.... in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Contemplate these facts:

This "variant" has been found all over the world already. Therefore its already everywhere. Locking down travel after it is already in your nation is stupid and does nothing. The variant is either going to become dominant or it will not. You cannot alter that course once it gets to you -- and no matter where you are it already has.

This "variant" has no evidence of being more-deadly; it may in fact be less-so. Indeed that is the natural mutational pattern coronaviruses follow over time. There is no evidence in the form, for example, of higher hospital admissions, ICU utilization and death in those in which this variant has been detected. In other words thus far all the scaremongering has been based on..... exactly nothing as there are no facts currently in evidence to support such fear.

The vaccines clearly do not work. International travel has been vaccinated-only everywhere for quite some time. So the person(s) who brought the virus into your nation with this "variant" were vaccinated. The market, of course, responded to this news by spiking the vaccine companies, specifically Moderna. You have to wonder what sort of stupidity would drive someone to consider a firm that has one product which clearly did not work a "buy" in a situation like this. Mass psychosis is the only reasonable explanation.

Lockdowns and constraints clearly do not work either. The virus mutated because that's what viruses do, and specifically coronaviruses do this all the time. It's common. Further, vaccinating into an outbreak promotes vaccine-resistant strains because that's just how natural selection works. You want the opposite but you can't get there from here by vaccinating people while an outbreak is going on so the better option is to focus on early treatments and even prophylaxis which does not place immune pressure on the virus to evade your jabs.

Meanwhile we the evidence continues to mount that prior infection confers better resistance than vaccines. Perfect immunity? No. But much better immunity and, to three nines, perfect protection against critical illness and death.

Took them to Williamson and not Travis.

https://judicialrecords.wilco.org/Pu...ilingID=385123

https://judicialrecords.wilco.org/Pu...ilingID=385121

Bond fee waived and released immediately. Not entirely sure about Texas law, but that's not a good look for RRISD PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The Salvation Army seems to be the most annoying organization in North America. The bell ringers, and now this: Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism | Central Nova News
    salvation army.jpg

Looks like information regarding mRNA risks are finally coming out for the normies to consider. Afterall, it must be on TV before it's real.

Dr. Aseem Malhotra exposes a link between mRNA vaccines and heart disease in an explosive British news broadcast

Here's the article on this from Conservative Treehouse: UK Cardiologist Highlights Link between mRNA vaccines and heart disease, while noting researchers withholding data fearful of losing funding

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Denninger on the latest end-of-the-goddamn-world scenario: Only Two Things Are Infinite.... in [Market-Ticker-Nad]
    I'd only disagree with his evaluation of Moderna being a poor buy decision. Honestly, if there is a company the government is dumping obscene amounts of money into, and may very well dump even MORE obscene amounts of money into, it is not a bad pick for an investment. Hell, it's how lots of our public officials I'm sure have made shitloads of money since this thing started. Companies only fail based on their actual lack of merits in free market economies, which we absolutely do not have going on here at all.

From the Babylon Bee, always good for a chuckle:

Top 8 Reasons You Absolutely DON'T Need A Gun

Are you thinking about buying a gun? Ew. What's wrong with you? Gross! Just... ew. Guns are very problematic, and so are the people who use them. You don't need one. Here's why.

#1) You can always count on the police to protect you: That's just a fact. Police are proven 100% effective at protecting innocent people!

#2) There's no evidence to suggest the government would ever overstep and try to take away your rights: A government has literally never done this. Don't be so paranoid!

#3) Guns make journalists wet their pants: If you live near a journalist and he hears you own a gun, he may wet his pants. You don't want something like that on your conscience.

#4) Guns are NOT cool and awesome and fun to shoot and useful for protection: Just trust us on this. We're journalists.

#5) Criminals have guns and use them to do bad things: You don't want to be like a criminal, do you?

#6) Nobody's going to break into your house when there's plenty of free stuff to loot at Target: Relax. Seriously.

#7) Your much manlier neighbor already has a gun: You can just borrow his if you really need it!

#8) Gun handling is best left to the professionals: Like Alec Baldwin.

So do the world a favor and DON'T buy a gun. Don't visit an online store for a fantastic deal on a firearm. Just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I'd buy in these dips if I understood finance better and had more discretionary.

Fukushima created a similar (singular) opportunity. There was a major dip in the Nikkei, but I didn't know how to invest in it. I and others knew it was coming back, as it did of course.
    I’d stay away from this style of trading altogether unless you don’t mind losing money as a “cost of education.” I started doing this a long time ago after a calculus teacher in college used options derivatives trading to explain derivatives in calculus. His explanation solidified the concept in my head, and made me brave enough to try it. I got lucky the first few times, and then I found out that the Dunning-Kruger effect was very real.

I told you, it's the goddamn end of the goddamn motherfucking world: Belgian Prime Minister Says New Variant Heralds Arrival of ‘COVID-21’ – Summit News

If a Belgian Prime Minister thinks it's the goddamn end of the world, it must be, because politicians are never wrong about anything, and they never EVER lie about anything. Never.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I’d stay away from this style of trading altogether unless you don’t mind losing money as a “cost of education.” I started doing this a long time ago after a calculus teacher in college used options derivatives trading to explain derivatives in calculus. His explanation solidified the concept in my head, and made me brave enough to try it. I got lucky the first few times, and then I found out that the Dunning-Kruger effect was very real.
    Agreed. It’s gambling. But. Used fixed stakes, and walk away from the table when they’re gone. Nothing can replace skin in the game for education.

(Rip is sayin’ something about the end of the world…time for crypto?)