starting strength gym
Page 1764 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 76412641664171417541762176317641765176617741814186422642764 ... LastLast
Results 17,631 to 17,640 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Right. Like the remdesivir itself is just fine.

Thousands facing heart problems due to ‘post-pandemic stress disorder’ | Evening Standard

Right. Post Pandemic Stress Disorder. PPSD. This will catch on by Tuesday. It's very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post

Regarding the PC element: Australian decision-makers do not care for PC, they do what they want, as we can clearly see with this new bill that just passed Pandemic powers bill PASSES to give Dan Andrews dictator-like control - Rebel News
    Regarding the majority of sleeping Australians, PC is not needed because they don't pay attention to the decisions being made for them. And regarding the minority of people that do pay attention, the decision-makers hate them, so PC is futile and worthless for that demographic. The only time they will care for PC is when the people that pay attention and care about their future become enough of a threatening critical mass. Hopefully, this will be soon.
    Australian PC seems to be in the ballpark of the US, UK, Canada, Germany, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    A small amount of zealots are enough to coerce the people who haven't made their minds up.

You'll also notice that the Wehrmacht might have hated the SS, and even fought against them at certain points. But they never left their side.

Since you mentioned the nazi's, in hitlers own words the best time to stand against him (from outside anyway) would have been in 1938 and call his sutenland bluff. But no-one did so we got WW2.
    I agree, and I'm not discounting tribalism. In-group vs out-group is evolution level deep in our psyche. I'd prefer not to repeat it, and so it's why I don't wear a mask. I make sure I'm nice to people who are because it's both right and useful.

The reason I made references to shitty calls was a part of what I see in the divide between general public and LEOs. It's different than the divide between military and civilians, but it's hardly like the two groups (military and police) overlap. In fact, I'd say that those distinctions persist when you overlay the two.

Part of it is the public's behavior towards police. It's some weird amalgamation of hero worship and treating policing like "the help." Part of it is because LEOs self-isolate in the way veterans do. I've had people I've known for years instantly treat me differently, and it's strange to me because I haven't changed beyond some perspective and my certification.

It all goes a lot deeper when you dig into specifics, so, besides genuine and useful reforms I've discussed, I've seen no better way forward than to treat everyone as individuals and engage them as such.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Sorry Jovan I am aware of your understanding of history, I was just a little hot-headed and angry over the latest developments happening in Australia. I have family and friends there and it is seriously affecting them.
    Regarding the PC element: Australian decision-makers do not care for PC, they do what they want, as we can clearly see with this new bill that just passed Pandemic powers bill PASSES to give Dan Andrews dictator-like control - Rebel News
    Regarding the majority of sleeping Australians, PC is not needed because they don't pay attention to the decisions being made for them. And regarding the minority of people that do pay attention, the decision-makers hate them, so PC is futile and worthless for that demographic. The only time they will care for PC is when the people that pay attention and care about their future become enough of a threatening critical mass. Hopefully, this will be soon.
    Hahaha no problem. I was just giving Barry a hard time with his PC theory. The Australian authorities are quite obviously extremely evil motherfuckers in service to a grandiose plan for enslaving their population, I don’t have any personal doubts about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Right. Like the remdesivir itself is just fine.

Thousands facing heart problems due to ‘post-pandemic stress disorder’ | Evening Standard

Right. Post Pandemic Stress Disorder. PPSD. This will catch on by Tuesday. It's very useful.
    Same as "PTSD" did after the Vietnam War.
    I know I'm redundant about George Carlin but this bit shows how he realized this language bullshiting game a long time ago.
    George Carlin on Soft Language - YouTube

This is also always fun to watch
    https://twitter.com/1BJDJ/status/146...470330372?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Australian PC seems to be in the ballpark of the US, UK, Canada, Germany, etc.
    I'm having trouble understanding your posts recently. Can you explain what you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    "Covywood" studio productions latest comedy, "How The Jewish State Fucked Up Its Citizens" coming to a theatre near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding your posts recently. Can you explain what you mean by this?
    The claim that Australia is exceptionally militant, which seems to be true, is not exclusive of them being Politically Correct.

For example, the US Japanese internment camps (ww2) were highly discriminatory on the basis of race.

Jovan asked if the Australian COVID isolation camps could be considered (or the result of) political correctness. I said yes.

How could that be? Their response to COVID, should have been highly discriminatory isolating for factors of age and preexisting conditions (which are racially and poverty skewed). Instead they took heroic measures to not be discriminatory and locked the whole place down EQUALLY. They went further and built camps for the non compliant - just to demonstrate their dedication to “fairness”. Blond hair blue eyes are happily sent to COVID jail.

This is my theory and it is probably wrong. I’m just waiting for a stronger idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    The claim that Australia is exceptionally militant, which seems to be true, is not exclusive of them being Politically Correct.

For example, the US Japanese internment camps (ww2) were highly discriminatory on the basis of race.

Jovan asked if the Australian COVID isolation camps could be considered (or the result of) political correctness. I said yes.

How could that be? Their response to COVID, should have been highly discriminatory isolating for factors of age and preexisting conditions (which are racially and poverty skewed). Instead they took heroic measures to not be discriminatory and locked the whole place down EQUALLY. They went further and built camps for the non compliant - just to demonstrate their dedication to “fairness”. Blond hair blue eyes are happily sent to COVID jail.

This is my theory and it is probably wrong. I’m just waiting for a stronger idea.
    Quite a bit better post. Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    It's some weird amalgamation of hero worship and treating policing like "the help."
    I've never seen or heard of anyone expressing either, except maybe a 10 year old thinking of how cool it would be to be a police officer, firefighter, forest ranger, or GI Joe.