starting strength gym
Page 1791 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 79112911691174117811789179017911792179318011841189122912791 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,910 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Study finds drop in people coming to California since start of pandemic

Study finds drop in people coming to California since start of pandemic

Finally some good news. Not only is the number of people moving into California down but they seem confused as to why people are leaving in droves. A mass exodus.

One related article speculated that the state could lose a congressional seat. But I really do not want to get my hopes up.
    " The number of people moving to Sacramento County dropped 33% while the number of people moving to Sacramento county increased 13%, according to the study." - excellent editing.

Shiva and all you gifted data crunchers, what's your thoughts on this?
    (PDF) Latest statistics on England mortality data suggest systematic mis-categorisation of vaccine status and uncertain effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccination

The risk/benefit of Covid vaccines is arguably most accurately measured by an all-cause mortality rate comparison of vaccinated against unvaccinated, since it not only avoids most confounders relating to case definition but also fulfils the WHO/CDC definition of "vaccine effectiveness" for mortality. We examine the latest UK ONS vaccine mortality surveillance report which provides the necessary information to monitor this crucial comparison over time. At first glance the ONS data suggest that, in each of the older age groups, all-cause mortality is lower in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. Despite this apparent evidence to support vaccine effectiveness-at least for the older age groups-on closer inspection of this data, this conclusion is cast into doubt because of a range of fundamental inconsistencies and anomalies in the data. Whatever the explanations for the observed data, it is clear that it is both unreliable and misleading. While socio-demographical and behavioural differences between vaccinated and unvaccinated have been proposed as possible explanations, there is no evidence to support any of these. By Occam's razor we believe the most likely explanations are systemic miscategorisation of deaths between the different categories of unvaccinated and vaccinated; delayed or non-reporting of vaccinations; systemic underestimation of the proportion of unvaccinated; and/or incorrect population selection for Covid deaths.
    This is where I heard the interview of the professor who was involved in this study.

The HighWire | Watch
    EPISODE 246: COVID COVER-UP
    British Mathematician Prof. Norman Fenton Uncovers Disturbing UK Death Data

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Well the emergency covid powers have been lifted here, but the omygod version has escaped and going like a wildfire so we might be getting them back shortly. It is not the case numbers that are concerning it is the old and folk with existing medical problems that will clog up emergency wards and expand the waiting list for planned surgeries that is the concern.
    Have these numbers changed significantly with the onset of the Highly Contagious Omicron Variant?

Australia, deaths by state:
    Victoria 1,280 -
    NSW 621 -
    Queensland 7 -
    ACT 14 -
    WA 9 -
    SA 4 -
    NT 0 -
    Tasmania 13 -
    Australia 1,948

The population of Australia is 25,902,500.

I would bet that more people have drowned in 5 gallon buckets in Queensland. And yet you are now the envy of North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Just a bunch of nonsense, the "Aussie Cossack" and other shit stirrers all they do is go out look for confrontations with police. It was a political stunt for the United Australia Party. About as useful as a three legged trotting horse.
    You're recommending that people stop confronting the Australian Police, and be good little boys and girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Am I a desperate fool? Shrug. I have the horse paste as a back up, so maybe I am. Don't give a shit.
    I got a cold a few weeks back, and went through a tube of horse paste just for the hell of it (already had COVID, so wasn't particularly worried, but I wanted the story). Can confirm I did not die nor turn into a horse.

As for the India stuff, how do those with experience using these guys usually determine the provider isn't selling counterfeits? Try it and find out? Chemical tests?

I don't buy pharmaceuticals that have subtle effects. Did the infection clear up? Did my cock get harder? Yes? It was probably not a counterfeit drug. And poisoning/theft reduces repeat business. India makes a huge amount of the world's generic medications. It is probably cheaper for them to fill the order with bubble-pack generic medications than it is to manufacture fakes.

__________________________________________________ __________________

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/16/polit...ter/index.html

Is it possible that even very stupid people are still listening to these criminal fucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Is it possible that even very stupid people are still listening to these criminal fucks?
    In the past three pages here, you had to explain to a dude that the virus is not the issue, and wal had been explaining to us how the Australian authorities are doing everything to help old and frail people. It doesn’t even take stupid people, we are dealing with a psychological blockade of some sort - people don’t want to admit to themselves that they are in a serious totalitarian moment, so they either listen to these lunatics or they try to explain everything away with the best intentions gone awry due to incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    In the past three pages here, you had to explain to a dude that the virus is not the issue, and wal had been explaining to us how the Australian authorities are doing everything to help old and frail people. It doesn’t even take stupid people, we are dealing with a psychological blockade of some sort - people don’t want to admit to themselves that they are in a serious totalitarian moment, so they either listen to these lunatics or they try to explain everything away with the best intentions gone awry due to incompetence.
    It's an hour long, but this is a great discussion on the topic. One of those rare interviews where my full attention was captured from start to finish. I really appreciated the professor's candid acceptance towards the end for the need to move beyond arguments into constructive propaganda.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The medical community seems almost frantically obsessed with discrediting itself:

When a woman showed up at an emergency room in Canada dehydrated and suffering from asthma and diabetes, Dr. Merritt admitted her citing climate change as the underlying cause for her condition. Many perceived it as a first-of-its-kind diagnosis.

Here's a good propaganda tool: The Facts

Age/Infection Survival rate
    0-19 / 99.9973%
    20-29 / 99.986%
    30-39 / 99.969%
    40-49 / 99.918%
    50-59 / 99.73%
    60-69 / 99.41%
    70+ / 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ / 94.5% (all)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here's a good propaganda tool: The Facts

Age/Infection Survival rate
    0-19 / 99.9973%
    20-29 / 99.986%
    30-39 / 99.969%
    40-49 / 99.918%
    50-59 / 99.73%
    60-69 / 99.41%
    70+ / 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ / 94.5% (all)
    I brought this up with my boss who I know is a pretty smart guy, even though he gives off the vibe of being a boyscout-ish rule follower. He didn't even try to argue the death rates. He accepted them with no resistance. He just started going on about the potential long term effects of COVID. He shifted from something objective we know to something vague we cannot, and there was little I could do to combat that with facts and logic. So instead, I began slowly trying to plant seeds and manipulate him out of his hypnosis. Will it work? Who knows, but I'm going to try.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    It's an hour long, but this is a great discussion on the topic. One of those rare interviews where my full attention was captured from start to finish. I really appreciated the professor's candid acceptance towards the end for the need to move beyond arguments into constructive propaganda.
    It seems to me that people who are not buying the narrative are those whose livelihood does not depend on the government or on crypto government entities like the major multinationals and shit.