starting strength gym
Page 1792 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 79212921692174217821790179117921793179418021842189222922792 ... LastLast
Results 17,911 to 17,920 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    With consideration that greed and authoritarianism are certainly behind the vaccs mandates, I find myself also wondering if they don't want any "control group" of unvaxxed in case the shtf with the vaccinated.

That would certainly expose the criminals behind this nonsense.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Have these numbers changed significantly with the onset of the Highly Contagious Omicron Variant?
    No, not at the present. Time will tell if the Omicron is a killer or not.

I would bet that more people have drowned in 5 gallon buckets in Queensland. And yet you are now the envy of North Korea.
    Banana benders we call them, sharks, crocs and swimming pools are the best killers up there when it comes to water environments.

You're recommending that people stop confronting the Australian Police, and be good little boys and girls?
    Did you join in the protests against police brutality in Dallas and Austin last year? Did you join in the demonstrations in Wichita Falls, I mean we need to confront the Police about racial inequality don't we?

Florida man is forced off United Airlines plane for wearing red women's underwear over his face as a mask - and other passengers march off in support of him

Well played, Florida man. Funny as hell, but "other passengers march off in support of him" is the best part of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    It's an hour long, but this is a great discussion on the topic. One of those rare interviews where my full attention was captured from start to finish. I really appreciated the professor's candid acceptance towards the end for the need to move beyond arguments into constructive propaganda.

]
    “The enemy can only destroy himself”.

That’s the professor’s conclusion. I don’t find that particularly useful.

I can tell a useful and insightful anecdote about getting a booster if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    With consideration that greed and authoritarianism are certainly behind the vaccs mandates, I find myself also wondering if they don't want any "control group" of unvaxxed in case the shtf with the vaccinated.
    I don’t think so, since the number of vaccinated people is massively overblown, plus the media control is all encompassing. I think the mandates are a combination of authoritarianism, various forms of crime, but most importantly, of bureaucratic occultism, which I think is alone the major danger of the era we are entering.

Whelp, it finally happened. Two years in, and we were finally visited by the COVID fairy. 100% pulse ox, no fever and body aches with some dizziness. Honestly, everyone (including the doctor) didn't believe it at first because everyone thought it was a simple ear infection, and the doctor assured us it wasn't even a contagious case yet. No idea where it came from besides, perhaps, Walmart. The local hospital has monoclonal on stand-by for severe cases, and since we're so fat (not really... just thirty pounds "overweight" from strength training at healthy body compositions) we automagically qualify. We were recommended a lower dose of the vitamin C, D3 and K2 than we've already been taking, and the kiddos and I remain entirely asymptomatic.

News directly from the frontlines. Sorry it's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    In the past three pages here, you had to explain to a dude that the virus is not the issue, and wal had been explaining to us how the Australian authorities are doing everything to help old and frail people. It doesn’t even take stupid people, we are dealing with a psychological blockade of some sort - people don’t want to admit to themselves that they are in a serious totalitarian moment, so they either listen to these lunatics or they try to explain everything away with the best intentions gone awry due to incompetence.
    It is called Stockholm Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Well the emergency covid powers have been lifted here, but the omygod version has escaped and going like a wildfire so we might be getting them back shortly. It is not the case numbers that are concerning it is the old and folk with existing medical problems that will clog up emergency wards and expand the waiting list for planned surgeries that is the concern.
    Aren't you in Victoria? because they haven't been lifted, the powers to declare now lie with the premier.

starting strength coach development program
    To play devils advocate, for the 70+ non institutionalized, I'd imagine there are some who think that risk (2.4%) is high. On its surface, it looks high to me, but I also am not comparing it to anything. (ie, what are the odds a 70+ dies in a car accident for example). Just a comment.

On another note, I'm going from Tampa to Charlotte for 2 weeks. Am I going to think I am going to another country?

Here's a good propaganda tool: The Facts

Age/Infection Survival rate
    0-19 / 99.9973%
    20-29 / 99.986%
    30-39 / 99.969%
    40-49 / 99.918%
    50-59 / 99.73%
    60-69 / 99.41%
    70+ / 97.6% (non institutionalized, not in a care home)
    70+ / 94.5% (all)