starting strength gym
Page 1801 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 80113011701175117911799180018011802180318111851190123012801 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,010 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Does anyone have a theory as to why none of our best universities are testing and making publications regarding treatments for covid? Like did our medical research programs just decide not to study something even though they deem incredibly deadly?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    No argument there at all, but I will say that parosmia is a unique feature of COVID that, to be quite honest, fucking sucks.

You end up eating for texture which boils your diet down to fish and Freedom Fries or anything else that’s crunchy. The sudden emergence of this horrible smell associated with onions came out of left field.

Sure, it could be a polyp or a tumor or some other rare disease. I can’t argue that. Considering everyone at work had COVID at approximately the same time this change occurred is one of the reasons I’m pretty sure of this.

I don’t believe it’s a non-infectious disease, but I do believe it’s not worth destroying the entire goddamn civilization for either. In fact, I would argue that it is very infectious, which is one of the reasons masks are useless.
    Oh I didn't mean to imply you didn't have the disease, I just wanted to point out that the list of symptoms has been expanded to include everything under the sun, which perfectly coincides with the mysterious (the experts are baffled!) disappearance of many other diseases.

Complexity is so often the enemy of execution.

Flabbergasted on a daily basis how the world seems to be in a mass psychosis re. Covid 19. Surely it is this simple when all the blather is set aside?:

Question:

What is this pathology and what demographics does it most seriously affect?

Answer:

A small minority who are reasonably protected at the sharp end by most democratic countries within The Budget.

Yet here we are, “allowing” THEM to “allow” US. Pathetic.

Question to Rip:

What would be your top five calls to action for the individual to do to combat this Covid Dictatorship?

Mine would be:

1) Learn how to physically fight
    2) Do heavy deadlifts
    3) Grow your own food and get a rain water
    tank
    4) Pay as little tax as you can get away with
    5) Disconnect from all social media as much as possible.

Omicron

"We are intent on not letting Omicron disrupt work and school for the vaccinated. You’ve done the right thing, and we will get through this.

For the unvaccinated, you’re looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourselves, your families, and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm."

The lovely US Covid Response Team, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Covid shit? You mean like asbestos shit and silicosis shit and falling from a height shit, and electrocution shit and toxic chemical shit, shit like that?

What is the difference you ask, well covid is a biological hazard and like all hazardous that we have to combat in this world we can take some precautions such as wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Have you ever worked in a dust filled environment such as a roof space of an old house that may have had asbestos fibre in the insulation or worked on pipes lagged with asbestos? What would you do if you were not sure and your boss said you need to get into the roof and pull cable through? Would you work under a car sitting on a single jack? Would you work in a electrical switchboard with out LV gloves? Would you say if you were a nurse work in a covid ward with out any PPE?

PPE only works if you use it, it does not matter what the hazard is. If you cannot control the hazard the next step is to wear PPE. Covid to me is just another hazard to avoid, like Hepatitis like tuberculosis like HIV like a fall from a great height. I was always trained to first access the hazards and the risk value before I proceeded into a hazardous zone, if the hazard could not be eliminated the on goes the PPE. As far as Covid goes it is stay at home,or wear a mask and or get a covid jab, it is your choice.

Have you ever gone bush walking where there were venomous snakes? If you have you would have taken a snake bite kit right? Why because you know snakes can kill. Will not stop you getting bitten, but at least you have a way of surviving the event, vaccines do not stop you getting covid but mitigate the effects. Everything has a risk attached to it and all vaccines are no different. If you access the risk is to high to get a covid jab then you live the consequences.
    There are two separate issues here Wal.

One is the precautions you should take against covid.

Take the same precautions you took against the flu in 2019. That is to say, probably nothing special. You might avoid people who are obviously sick and sneezing. If you want to take extra precautions, go for your life.

The second is the idea that covid vaccines protect against a biological hazard.

They do not. The original research was both flawed and faked. And empirical data has since shown that they do not help, and there doesn't appear to be any difference in country wide stats between this year and the last. Of course a technically accurate comparison can't be made because there is nothing to control it against now.

They don't work. And worse than that they are harmful.

5 Mechanisms of ADE (How Does Antibody Dependent Enhancement Occur?) - YouTube

New Zealand links 26-year-old man'''s death to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine | Reuters
    New Zealand links 26-year-old man's death to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
    “New Zealand authorities on Monday said they had linked a 26-year-old man's death to Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine after the person suffered myocarditis after taking his first dose.

The death is New Zealand's second linked to a known but rare side effect from the vaccine after health authorities in August reported a woman had died after taking her doses.

New Zealand's vaccine safety board also said another two people, including a 13-year-old, had died with possible myocarditis after taking their vaccinations.

Despite the rare side effects, the vaccine safety board said the benefits of vaccination greatly outweighed the risks.”

Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    Could the decrease in price be a result of the economic effects of the covid response outweighing the increased mortality from covid? i.e. reduced demand -- I can't imagine life insurance sold well during the great depression.
    No. Demand for life insurance has been fairly steady from 2017 to 2020, at which point demand for life insurance increased (lots of people were afraid of dying and started buying policies). LIMRA recorded a 2% increase in sales over baseline in 2020, coming mainly from term insurance and whole life (LIMRA: U.S. Life Insurance Policy Sales Increase 2% in 2020). Direct-to-consumer whole life sales are almost certainly final expense policies. The demand continued into 2021.

You mentioned sales during the Great Depression. Life insurance did well during the early part of the Great Depression. Policy sales increased into the early 1930s before people had to start surrendering them for much needed savings (Life Insurance in the Depression: CQR ).

One possible argument could be that life insurer capital reserves were able to offset any increases in mortality. But, at least for the old line mutual companies, I have first hand knowledge that their mortality experience closely matches their mortality predictions, and 2020 and 2021 has not changed this. I know there have been some researchers who have created some fancy modeling to show that COVID has substantially increased mortality risk to life insurers. But, those papers conflict with the actually-existing pricing being offered to consumers (Did COVID-19 Change Life Insurance Offerings? |
    IZA - Institute of Labor Economics
    ). Something else one could argue is that life insurers generally don't sell many policies to the over 75 crowd, which is where most of the deaths occurred. So, from the perspective of a life insurer, this doesn't have a material impact on their business. Another factor was insurers initially anticipated uncontrolled spread based on the initial models, which turned out to be wrong. So, predictions were very conservative (a smart business decision on the part of the insurance companies—they hate being wrong).

And even of covid doesn't significantly increase mortality, doesn't the response, at least eventually?
    Well, we already know for a fact COVID did not increase COI during the height of the pandemic in 2020, nor was there a delayed COI increase in 2021. We also know Omicron is less lethal than Delta. So, this narrative is going backwards.

As for the downstream effects, sure. It’s entirely possible mortality risk increases in the coming years if people die of other causes. The question will be what is the total excess mortality?

For example, more people may die from delayed surgeries or domestic violence, but fewer people may die from car accidents if they now work remotely. Insurers will want to see the net result of this and price accordingly. They are beholden to money and profits, not narratives. Narratives kill businesses.

If the life insurers are so good at predicting -- shouldn't they be factoring in all the missed doctors visits, delayed surgeries, suicides, cases of domestic violence, being poorer and everything else fucked up from the covid response?
    If? It sounds like you believe they aren’t factoring in these risks? What makes you think that?

Here’s what I saw during the past 2 years:

During 2020, insurers mostly took a “wait and see” attitude. They slowed down underwriting on old folks (70+) and those who would likely be rated substandard risk, but for the most part allowed underwriting to continue as normal for otherwise healthy people with a standard or better risk rating. Some insurers placed limits on how much life insurance could be bought, but some carriers, like The Guardian, virtually opened up the flood gates. To me, that part of it spoke volumes without them having to issue any formal statement about anything.

Carriers relaxed their underwriting practice a bit into 2021, and have relaxed underwriting standards for 2022 back to mostly normal.

Maybe there’s an insurance company out there that’s deeply concerned about this. But, most carriers are not overly concerned about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I do not know about Life Insurance, I have never bought any. I put "Life Insurance" in the same category as used car sales and buying real estate in places like Cape Hatteras Nth Carolina.
    I suppose you shouldn't have any strong opinions about it, then.

Life insurance is a guaranteed hedge against the loss of income and savings. We know everyone is immortal, but just in case something bad happens, some people do buy life insurance to hedge against that bad shit. Others mooch off the government (i.e. taxpayers) when their shit goes sideways because they refuse to act like grown-ass adults.

Everyone has to decide which side of that fence they want to stand on.

Our friend Mr. Reynolds is always sensible:

It's time to abolish 'emergency' COVID-19 powers

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    The government is claiming that Omicron will double every day. "400,000" cases today, up from "200,000" yesterday. On these assumptions, we will have 26 billion new cases on New Year's eve. So on that day every person in the UK will catch COVID 374 times, or once every 4 minutes. Imperial college at it's finest!
    Interesting statement yesterday by Dr. Robert Malone on Fox

"It looks an awful lot to the experienced vaccinologist like a live attenuated virus vaccine that you might design for purpose".

If I understand Malone's point here, he actually agrees with Dr. Peter McCullough's "one and done" statement. Omicron provides immunity and pulls the rug out from under the psychopath's plans.

Is 2021 Christmas a huge catch party spreading mass immunity? Did a white hats release the real vaccine?

Evidence for a mouse origin of the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant
    Collectively, our results suggest that the progenitor of Omicron jumped from humans to mice, rapidly accumulated mutations conducive to infecting that host, then jumped back into humans, indicating an inter-species evolutionary trajectory for the Omicron outbreak.
    Truly uninformed question: Is this the kind of thing that happens in a lab?