starting strength gym
Page 1804 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 80413041704175417941802180318041805180618141854190423042804 ... LastLast
Results 18,031 to 18,040 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Refreshing!

Quote Originally Posted by UFPASquat View Post
    . As an ICU nurse at a level 1 trauma center and academic teaching facility (take that bullshit for what it's worth), I've witnessed the lack of competence firsthand.
    1 In a 1000 chance. What state are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How can we help you move?
    I'm not one to beg for money. That's just about what keeps me here, money. Takes some foundation of cash to uproot and setup elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'm not one to beg for money. That's just about what keeps me here, money. Takes some foundation of cash to uproot and setup elsewhere.
    If you're managing rent/property values in NY, you could probably move almost anywhere in the south fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Does anyone have a theory as to why none of our best universities are testing and making publications regarding treatments for covid? Like did our medical research programs just decide not to study something even though they deem incredibly deadly?
    Lots of work is being done. This type of research in an academic setting is generally slower than in industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    This type of research in an academic setting is generally slower than in industry.
    I wonder why that might be.

Brief update. The day after taking Ivermectin my wife's symptoms have all largely improved. The kids had very low grade fevers briefly. My symptoms worsened, so I went to go get tested for work. I also started taking Ivermectin today. The absolute worst part of this is everyone's sense of smell and taste are severely reduced. It's difficult enough to get toddlers to eat, everything but my bitter taste is gone (you'd be surprised how much stuff has bitter notes when that's all you get), and my wife is a chef. She's taking that the hardest, and I don't blame her.

It's happening very quickly and in the earliest part of the season. A few general observations:

- Thanks to the efforts of posters here and my own reading, I am far more well-versed in testing protocols and virology than the health care workers here I have discussed this with. I mean it: I'm grateful to be as informed as I am, though there is still a lot left I do not know. It's kind of hard to talk to people because they know so little, in general.
    - Our tests were antigen and not PCR, and they also have been running a full viral panel for over a year to help rule out false positives and negatives. It's not perfect, but it's been perhaps the best step in that direction for testing.
    - The general public is still very, very afraid of this, but some people who are not afraid are still very ignorant of the virus, side effects, disease state and other risks. The protocols developed for vitamin supplementation, aspirin, etc. are perhaps the most robust treatment I've seen.
    - People still rely too heavily on diagnosis by protocol. I cannot believe that one look at my wife and I would cause people to think we're "obese." It's kind of absurd, and a much larger issue than the last two years, perhaps. Protocols are useful to a point, but as with military doctrine... perhaps they should be applied more judiciously based upon immediate clinical observations.
    - The state automatically assumes all members of an immediate household are positive and counts them as cases. Even though my wife and I denied release of our prescription history and information to the state health department... it was released, regardless. They called and asked a LOT of questions. They acted shocked at our responses and general lack of concern over potential serious adverse reactions or symptoms.
    - My family who are vaccinated are awkwardly unconcerned they will get it, and, despite the fact that food is half the fun, are oddly insistent on having normal Christmas. We told them no, not going to happen until a least next week. Somehow that's our fault. The psychological issue I discussed much earlier, Risk Compensation and its effects manifesting in behavior, are sticking out in this like a sore thumb. I expect them to catch it this season because their behavior doesn't not align to best practice (not remaining indoors with symptomatic people, shopping in crowded areas without any need to, etc.). "I'll just wear a mask" is likely going to get them sick, and there are a few with significant risk factors. They're all older and in the higher risk populations.

Oh well. Not much you can do for other people, I suppose. There has been more common sense displayed here than I thought. Except for the state health department and some of my family.