starting strength gym
Page 1808 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 80813081708175817981806180718081809181018181858190823082808 ... LastLast
Results 18,071 to 18,080 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Or get a Neti pot and pour it through your nose. Less messy.

neti.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fill a coffee cup with it, stand over the sink, snort it up your nose, spit it out into the sink. You'll figure it out.
    I guess some people don't have grandfathers. I used salt and bottled water a few times in Afghanistan to clear out the bullshit from head colds. I will be hitting the netipot later to flush the translucent brown concrete out of my face. Feeling better, but just fatigued and with a righteous sinus headache. Wife is recovered minus sense of smell and taste. Kids are, to our chagrin, totally fine and bouncing off the walls. Tomorrow marks five days for my wife without fever, so she should be good to return to work.

I've still had the state department contact ME, now, for a positive test. Even though I declined to share my medical history with them. Haven't called me back, so it couldn't be that important.

Happy Solstice.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate that. Where are you and what place is this that's hiring? I don't know where I'm gonna go next, but essentially having to relocate as a couple instead of a single person adds more considerations.
    It's terrifying at first, but you get used to it quickly. Stretch your legs and use "muscles" you haven't in a while. Before too long, every second or third thought will be a new idea for a business or new opportunity. It goes by quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    No not that way. You just need to take care that you don't cause an infection in your inner ear, you need water that has been boiled and sucking it back can cause inner ear blockage if your suck it back, it is better to use some sort of plastic bottle and just gently squeeze the fluid through. Don't put Beterdine (iodine) or Listerine mouthwash up your nose otherwise you will irritate the linings of your nose.
    Thanks wal. I have been washing out my nose like this for 30 years, with just normal saline I make with warm water. The Betadine kills the germs, so boiling is unnecessary, and the salt keeps the water from stinging the nasal mucosa. Listerine is apparently your idea, not mine. I've never had an ear infection, because it doesn't get into my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Sounds horrible.....
    Depends on how badly you want to breathe.

These idiots just opened themselves up to a very good lawsuit. I cannot imagine what they were thinking when they did this -- more likely they were just following orders.

CSU to Require COVID Booster Shots for Students, Faculty, Staff - California News Times

No end in sight here. Since my school has no option to test instead of get this stupid shot, I am wondering what I should do. Am I supposed to give up on completing my MS?

Why do you need an MS? Is that the terminal degree in your field?

Why do you need an MS? Is that the terminal degree in your field?
    The program is a good one.

I have an internship set up this summer and the full time position is contingent upon completing the degree, and good performance during the internship. Most positions in this field require a degree and hire straight from graduate programs.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I feel exceptionally inadequate asking this question... How do you shoot that stuff up your nose?
    Where have you been these last 60 years? Have you not seen folk snuffing cocaine up their nose? My Gdad use to use the palm of his hand to sniff back salty water back in the 60s, to clear the catarrh as he smoked ready rubbed plum tobacco.

Thanks wal. I have been washing out my nose like this for 30 years, with just normal saline I make with warm water. The Betadine kills the germs, so boiling is unnecessary, and the salt keeps the water from stinging the nasal mucosa. Listerine is apparently your idea, not mine.
    Not my idea. Betadine and Listerine have been tried as a covid cure and if you ingest iodine you will wizz out brown liquid, not good for kidneys. (just in case you were tempted)

Here is some stuff I use, not sure if you can get it in the US, but I have tried it when I get a scratchy throat, seems to work, has a nice little covid like symbol on the front.

Vicks First Defence | VICKS AU

I've never had an ear infection, because it doesn't get into my ears.
    Mark there a number of things that don't get into your ears these days. Namely that Book that is still stuck in your bookcase, you know the one that your mom used to read, the one I told you about some time ago hmm!

starting strength coach development program
    Pennsylvania: Healthy 3-month-old baby has 7 minute long seizure after drinking her freshly vaxxed mother’s breast milk

1415059 - Browse the Reports - OpenVAERS