starting strength gym
Page 1809 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 80913091709175917991807180818091810181118191859190923092809 ... LastLast
Results 18,081 to 18,090 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Fill a coffee cup with it, stand over the sink, snort it up your nose, spit it out into the sink. You'll figure it out."

I've been doing something similar since I've been a teenager (35yrs). Every day in the shower, I cup my right hand, fill it with warm water, submerge my shnoz, and suck the water up until it drips down the back side. I then use a thumb to plug a nostril and blow the ever-lovin'-shit out of the other one. Repeat. Every shower I take. I continue to be surprised at what washes down the drain from these purges. I assumed every dude did this. In the case of a head cold, I employ the neti pot with saline several times a day. The salt seems to dry out the nasal passages, improve breathing, and shorten the duration of symptoms significantly. Its also very satisfying to see all that brown goo wash down the sink, and makes me feel as if I'm being an active participant in my recovery.

In an unrelated note, I cannot speak to anyone else's experience, but my MS journey was the most unproductive, useless, waste of money and precious time that I've ever spent. The dumbest, most incapable people I ever met, I met in grad school. Now, my degree was in education, so that probably has a lot to do with it, but it became clear that everyone who paid tuition, got a participation trophy...the MSEd degree.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    No not that way. You just need to take care that you don't cause an infection in your inner ear, you need water that has been boiled and sucking it back can cause inner ear blockage if your suck it back, it is better to use some sort of plastic bottle and just gently squeeze the fluid through. Don't put Beterdine (iodine) or Listerine mouthwash up your nose otherwise you will irritate the linings of your nose.
    I've been swabbing my nostrils with regular amber Listerene before I go out since this shit started. Never had any irritation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I've been swabbing my nostrils with regular amber Listerene before I go out since this shit started. Never had any irritation issue.
    When are you moving? You can still be Brooklyn Jerry somewhere better than Brooklyn.

It sure is tempting. My brother and his daughter and family moved from Santa Cruz, CA to Durango CO a few years ago. It is a nicer place than NY hands down.

That's what's wrong with Durango. Californians. Move to Omaha, and stop voting Democrat.

I'm 47.ive never thought to suck water in the shower up my nose, and honestly can't think why anyone would. But, hey, maybe I should try. Seems like I would be coughing for an hour after though.

And if your nose is conjested, how in the world do you suck anything up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Still View Post
    "Fill a coffee cup with it, stand over the sink, snort it up your nose, spit it out into the sink. You'll figure it out."

I've been doing something similar since I've been a teenager (35yrs). Every day in the shower, I cup my right hand, fill it with warm water, submerge my shnoz, and suck the water up until it drips down the back side. I then use a thumb to plug a nostril and blow the ever-lovin'-shit out of the other one. Repeat. Every shower I take. I continue to be surprised at what washes down the drain from these purges. I assumed every dude did this. In the case of a head cold, I employ the neti pot with saline several times a day. The salt seems to dry out the nasal passages, improve breathing, and shorten the duration of symptoms significantly. Its also very satisfying to see all that brown goo wash down the sink, and makes me feel as if I'm being an active participant in my recovery.

Alternatively, you can just do what the Japanese actually do and just gargle with it.

It is very common to find a bottle of this stuff in any bathroom cabinet for gargling with when you come in from outside and I have used it in the past during winter.
    Customers and staff in Soaplands and other such houses of ill repute are usually systematically required to gargle with this stuff before engaging in their activities.
    But not in my 20 years here has anyone mentioned snorting it.

I used a Neilmed sinus rinse bottle for a while, I found it easier to use than the Neti pot. I don't know if my sinuses are oddly developed or what but eventually it some of the stuff I would take up the nose would come out from my eyes, it burned pretty bad so I stopped. But the sinus rinse bottles, they work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's what's wrong with Durango. Californians. Move to Omaha, and stop voting Democrat.
    Poor Durango, it will probably be the next Austin of the mountains. If I could move back I would go to Montrose, and then sell the house to some hipsters in 15-20years for much more. I personally was not a fan of living in Colorado but love visiting in the summer. My daughter was born in Grand Junction and we never took mountain dirt back with us to Texas. Legend says we are cursed to return to the Grand Valley. If Texas keeps it up, we may have to move to the other side of the mountain. In addition, I agree, Cali and Yorkers should try Omaha. I was born close to Omaha, I will not be returning no matter what any curse says. The curse is in the residency.

starting strength coach development program
    Didn't see this mentioned here yet, came out a few days ago. No more EUA for PCR test's after Dec 31st. Need to use another method for diagnosis. Even the powers that be can't hide just how bad the PCR tests are any more.

Lab Alert: Changes to CDC RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Testing