starting strength gym
Page 1818 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 81813181718176818081816181718181819182018281868191823182818 ... LastLast
Results 18,171 to 18,180 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    where everybody can say anything they want to say to each other without me censoring dissenting views.
    "Anything"? I know my memory is not as good as it use to be be, but did you not tell me you only wanted "secular" comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    Case in point. Dissent not welcomed.

I don’t suggest the mainstream media is the place for actual debate either. I was just pointing out that if you hold opposing views from the majority here, you’re not engaged, you’re ridiculed. That’s fine - it’s your site and your followers. You can have it any way you want.
    You posted: "This place is an echo chamber of anti vax / anti government thought. Anyone in disagreement is ridiculed as a moron. Forums where groupthink is enforced by the culture of the environment aren’t healthy for debate."

This is not dissent. It is a bald-faced lie. And these people are not my "followers." Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    "Anything"? I know my memory is not as good as it use to be be, but did you not tell me you only wanted "secular" comment?
    And I have been quite charitable with you, wal. I haven't allowed you to preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and his Death on the Cross and the Shed Blood of the Lamb etc., but I believe everybody here somehow knows your position on the metaphysical. Somehow.

I also told Robin I didn't want a discussion of abortion, and we don't talk about anabolic steroids here either. Given that, anybody that thinks I'm stifling "dissent" is free to go away, with their money back.

I had to travel by airplane for work lately and was pleasantly surprised how many people were not wearing masks in the airports. About half the people in the Anchorage airport terminal I was in were not wearing masks. Several people didn't even have masks on them and the lady checking boarding passes had to give them a mask before getting on the plane. This is all while there were messages on the speaker system saying masks were required and signs saying the same posted on every wall. Police walking around and the airline employees didn't say a word to anyone not wearing a mask in the terminal. Also, I figured out that trail mix is a great snack for airplane travel as you can eat one little piece at a time and it takes hours to get through a bag. The stewardess was giving me the stink eye but couldn't do anything as I was eating food the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And I have been quite charitable with you, wal. I haven't allowed you to preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and his Death on the Cross and the Shed Blood of the Lamb etc., but I believe everybody here somehow knows your position on the metaphysical. Somehow.

I also told Robin I didn't want a discussion of abortion, and we don't talk about anabolic steroids here either. Given that, anybody that thinks I'm stifling "dissent" is free to go away, with their money back.
    I agree, you certainly have been very generous with your time and patience (with me) and I do appreciate it. I was just hoping somewhere down the track you would reconsider and just add one more kg to the bar. As you already know one kg can mean the difference between a successful lift or a fail. Anyhow I will hang around a bit longer if that is OK with you and when I piss you off too much (if I have not already) you can give me my money back. OK?

Had a 3rd family gathering today. This one was a little weird with the coof paranoia, with some things I hadn't heard about yet.

No chairs for dinner, everyone was standing. My sister said they removed the chairs so people weren't breathing too close to the food.

I shit you not.

I asked her politely and very briefly if somehow one can catch a cold while sitting down but not standing up?!

Anyway, the chairs were brought out and we all proceeded to have a great dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I agree, you certainly have been very generous with your time and patience (with me) and I do appreciate it. I was just hoping somewhere down the track you would reconsider and just add one more kg to the bar. As you already know one kg can mean the difference between a successful lift or a fail. Anyhow I will hang around a bit longer if that is OK with you and when I piss you off too much (if I have not already) you can give me my money back. OK?
    You're fine, wal. You're a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    We certainly cannot have anti government thought!

@gilead - I keep telling you that the South Africa omicron thing is a sign of winding the whole thing down. You can't pursue an indefinite Covid emergency with all the millions of people in the streets and a looming global general strike. Pretty soon people will start figuring out that the vaccine numbers are fudged, so you gotta start wrapping everything up slowly. You can't wrap it up too fast, because we are in an emergency, what kind of government would just let its citizens get infected?
    I really want to believe that you are correct. I really do. But I think our oligarchs think we are that stupid and they are really enjoying this current ride that they are on. I don't think they are going to let up that easy. The level of contemp they have towards the citizenry is only growing.
    The way it feels here in Israel, is that they have a goal to get everyone to take this "quacksine", and until they do that, they are going to make life difficult for everyone including cooking up a bunch of bullshit stories.
    It was revealed a couple of weeks ago that vaccine uptake is much lower than our government was saying. So they tried to make omicron sound really scary. That appeared to back fire as more people are just getting fedup. Not as many as we need, but more.
    So the government tightened up travel restrictions and started to enforce the "green pass" rules strictly. Police have upped their ante to enforce these rules and are cracking down on everyone especially with regards to the masks. There are more police patrolling the streets.
    Yesterday the government tried to create a new scare. Apparently they found Bird Flu in the north and are probably going to cull a lot of chickens which will make prices go up. Here in Israel chicken is the staple meat for the majority of people. The media seems to be making more hype of this than normal. I wouldn't be surprised if they spin this into some type of drive to pressure uneducated citizens to vaccinate.
    Jovan, the way it appears here is that the government will not give up. On the contrary they want to get even more tougher.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Hong Kong study finds a 1-in-2700 adolescents developed myocarditis following Comirnaty vaccination

“There is a significant increase in the risk of acute myocarditis/pericarditis following Comirnaty vaccination among Chinese male adolescents, especially after the second dose.”

Epidemiology of Acute Myocarditis/Pericarditis in Hong Kong Adolescents Following Comirnaty Vaccination - PubMed

Case in point. Dissent not welcomed.

I don’t suggest the mainstream media is the place for actual debate either. I was just pointing out that if you hold opposing views from the majority here, you’re not engaged, you’re ridiculed. That’s fine - it’s your site and your followers. You can have it any way you want.
    Dissent only comes when you can not explain your case. If you believe a narrative, and can articulate it coherently then many people here would respect your views. Just be ready for hard questions to validate your position.

Carlos Tejada (49), Deputy Asia Editor for The Times, died of a heart attack the day after posting this photo of himself getting a Moderna booster

Login • Instagram

Carlos Tejada, Deputy Asia Editor for The New York Times, Dies at 49 - The New York Times

Kamala Harris says democracy biggest national security threat

I wouldn’t hold your breath. This place is an echo chamber of anti vax / anti government thought. Anyone in disagreement is ridiculed as a moron. Forums where groupthink is enforced by the culture of the environment aren’t healthy for debate.
    Say what you like, Dr. Frankenstein, but although Mark is indeed a grumpy old curmudgeon, you will also notice that you have neither been banned, nor have any of your posts been deleted. Yes, we are all here to let you know that we don't agree with you, some more harshly than others, but at the same time, take a quick gander through: Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and other popular media, and what you will notice is that people will be banned, and their comments deleted if the platform host dislikes the message. For example:

- YouTube

This group testified to congress about adverse effects of the covid vaccines. Whether each person in this group is utterly full of shit or telling more truth than wal's Christ himself, nobody is able to watch this video and evaluate that answer for themself. That is because it has been removed by Youtube content moderators. This is called censorship, and as much as the people dislike you our your views here on this strength training forum, I do not believe they have censored you.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    I really want to believe that you are correct. I really do. But I think our oligarchs think we are that stupid and they are really enjoying this current ride that they are on. I don't think they are going to let up that easy. The level of contemp they have towards the citizenry is only growing.
    The way it feels here in Israel, is that they have a goal to get everyone to take this "quacksine", and until they do that, they are going to make life difficult for everyone including cooking up a bunch of bullshit stories.
    It was revealed a couple of weeks ago that vaccine uptake is much lower than our government was saying. So they tried to make omicron sound really scary. That appeared to back fire as more people are just getting fedup. Not as many as we need, but more.
    So the government tightened up travel restrictions and started to enforce the "green pass" rules strictly. Police have upped their ante to enforce these rules and are cracking down on everyone especially with regards to the masks. There are more police patrolling the streets.
    Yesterday the government tried to create a new scare. Apparently they found Bird Flu in the north and are probably going to cull a lot of chickens which will make prices go up. Here in Israel chicken is the staple meat for the majority of people. The media seems to be making more hype of this than normal. I wouldn't be surprised if they spin this into some type of drive to pressure uneducated citizens to vaccinate.
    Jovan, the way it appears here is that the government will not give up. On the contrary they want to get even more tougher.
    There is absolutely no way to make everyone take the vaccine. You couldn't get everyone to take the vaccine if you had an ebola epidemic with mandatory vaccinations for the entire population. It is all a bluff. The population is stupid though and is falling for it to an extent, so expect it to get worse before it gets better.