starting strength gym
Page 1819 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 81913191719176918091817181818191820182118291869191923192819 ... LastLast
Results 18,181 to 18,190 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Little old SS Forums -- where everybody can say anything they want to say to each other without me censoring dissenting views, such as your paid-for support of the narrative -- are an echo chamber?
    With all due respect, this is not true. Maybe you don’t do it personally, but somebody does it from time to time.

Happened to me.

I posted a comment that got screened and cancelled.
    My comment was to that one old fag talking about telling his daughters repeatedly not to have children, and now that they have children, he’s going to “help raise warriors”. He’s obviously a pussy and a moron.

It reminds me of a book I read about Nazis that got recommended here. Most of the nazis did not face or experience any hardships, censorship, etc. They were living the best of times of their lives. In the book they refer back to that period of time as the best and they reminisce about it.

Like comments being canceled here. Only the people who get screened and cancelled experience it. It’s an interesting thought extrapolating this regarding vaccines. The people who take the shot, check out mentally and they don’t experience anything that the crazy, tin foil anti vaxxer does.
    In Latvia you literally can’t earn a living if you are unvaccinated. Almost everyone, apart from unvaccinated, are unaware of that or say that you can work remote, which is factually true, but impossible for most people.

On the bright side of things, that guy with daughters who has repeatedly told them not to have children, will help raise his grandchildren to be WARRIORS. What a delusional moron.
    And that comment where I called him out was canceled. Fuck…

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie View Post
    Case in point. Dissent not welcomed.

I was just pointing out that if you hold opposing views from the majority here, you’re not engaged, you’re ridiculed. That’s fine - it’s your site and your followers. You can have it any way you want.
    Have you tried not saying things worthy of ridicule?

Christmas in CLT was essentially canceled for my inlaw families. It seemed everyone got sick, and there are enough older and vulnerable people to not do anything this year. I've spent 90% of the last 3 days in this bedroom to limit my exposure to my MIL, who's been vaccinated and just this last week boosted. I sure my isolation attempt has made little difference in her exposure to me, but I don't want to take any chances right now. But if I am being honest, she's not really being too cautious being around my (two sick) kids..... Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

As for my progress... I feel much better as of Monday AM. But my throat is killing me. Maybe I will resume the gargle protocol again.

Hungry for a big thick hamburger, which I will search for to eat for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Had a 3rd family gathering today. This one was a little weird with the coof paranoia, with some things I hadn't heard about yet.

No chairs for dinner, everyone was standing. My sister said they removed the chairs so people weren't breathing too close to the food.

I shit you not.

I asked her politely and very briefly if somehow one can catch a cold while sitting down but not standing up?!

Anyway, the chairs were brought out and we all proceeded to have a great dinner!

They wouldn't do that in rural Texas, or most other rural places in the states.

It's not like they haven't heard about this. It stops when they stop being told what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Juris View Post
    With all due respect, this is not true. Maybe you don’t do it personally, but somebody does it from time to time.

Happened to me.

I posted a comment that got screened and cancelled.
    My comment was to that one old fag talking about telling his daughters repeatedly not to have children, and now that they have children, he’s going to “help raise warriors”. He’s obviously a pussy and a moron.

It reminds me of a book I read about Nazis that got recommended here. Most of the nazis did not face or experience any hardships, censorship, etc. They were living the best of times of their lives. In the book they refer back to that period of time as the best and they reminisce about it.

Like comments being canceled here. Only the people who get screened and cancelled experience it. It’s an interesting thought extrapolating this regarding vaccines. The people who take the shot, check out mentally and they don’t experience anything that the crazy, tin foil anti vaxxer does.
    In Latvia you literally can’t earn a living if you are unvaccinated. Almost everyone, apart from unvaccinated, are unaware of that or say that you can work remote, which is factually true, but impossible for most people.

On the bright side of things, that guy with daughters who has repeatedly told them not to have children, will help raise his grandchildren to be WARRIORS. What a delusional moron.
    And that comment where I called him out was canceled. Fuck…
    Yes, I deleted your post because you're an obnoxious fuck, and the post -- like this one -- does not add to the discussion. This is a moderated board, I moderate this board, I delete lots of things that I deem unproductive, I get to decide these things, you have a total of 5 posts now, and you won't have a 6th. Meanwhile, drop dead.

They wouldn't do that in rural Texas, or most other rural places in the states.
    I think rural places anywhere. This kind of idiocy only works in the major feedlots we call big cities these days.

I suppose this Juris has not heard about the man who wanted to be left alone?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of "Men who wanted to be left Alone".
    They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.
    They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it.
    They know, that the moment they fight back, the lives as they have lived them, are over.
    The moment the "Men who wanted to be left Alone" are forced to fight back, it is a small form of suicide. They are literally killing off who they used to be. . . .
    Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these "Men who wanted to be left Alone", fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives. They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror. TRUE TERROR will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy . . . . but it will fall upon deaf ears."

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Christmas in CLT was essentially canceled for my inlaw families. It seemed everyone got sick, and there are enough older and vulnerable people to not do anything this year. I've spent 90% of the last 3 days in this bedroom to limit my exposure to my MIL, who's been vaccinated and just this last week boosted. I sure my isolation attempt has made little difference in her exposure to me, but I don't want to take any chances right now. But if I am being honest, she's not really being too cautious being around my (two sick) kids..... Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

As for my progress... I feel much better as of Monday AM. But my throat is killing me. Maybe I will resume the gargle protocol again.

Hungry for a big thick hamburger, which I will search for to eat for lunch.
    I would, and if you fee the slightest bit poorly I'd get it checked early. My family has recovered well, but I have not. The health department and doc remain ever convinced it's ze COVID still, but I had two very prominent issues with the virus: it got to my sinuses and (just recently remembered) my urinary tract. I would say my virus symptoms were mild to moderate, but holy hell has the sinus infection and UTI been doing me in for the past few days. I'm on two antibiotics, had my chest cleared by x-ray (not my idea... doc wanted to rule out lung damage). and I have had a fever that will randomly spike to between 103-104.5 over and over for several hours. I've gone through three loads of laundry breaking fever, and I feel kinda like hammered dogshit. I'm glad I had around 18% body fat and some muscle at the start of this, because I haven't eaten more than around 1200 calories in the last four days, and I've been living off of gatorade and water. Albuterol plus the Day/Nyquil + Severe to keep the mucus moving, and just hammer down on fluids to stay hydrated.

My working theory is this virus just fucks up whatever protective lining in whatever part of your body it happens to go, and it leaves you exceptionally open to follow-on bacterial infection. I think for general health and mortality, resisting damage and secondary infection are where the money is at in threating this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I suppose this Juris has not heard about the man who wanted to be left alone?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of "Men who wanted to be left Alone".
    They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.
    They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it.
    They know, that the moment they fight back, the lives as they have lived them, are over.
    The moment the "Men who wanted to be left Alone" are forced to fight back, it is a small form of suicide. They are literally killing off who they used to be. . . .
    Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these "Men who wanted to be left Alone", fight with unholy vengeance against those who murdered their former lives. They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those who are merely play-acting at politics and terror. TRUE TERROR will arrive at the Left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy . . . . but it will fall upon deaf ears."
    To be entirely fair, I have had my posts deleted or not posted a few times. It's part of a moderated board, and I have bad days and post stupid shit occasionally like everyone else. It's got Rip's whole fucking name on it. Everyone posting here came here by choice, but for some weird reason people think it's Twitter. "Oh look, I'm being censored! He has a cult!" is the Twitter and social media tribalism, but this isn't social media. There's not a army of ear-biters over your shoulder ready to be shitheads. You're on your own.

The people who thrive here, whether in perpetual disagreement or not, seem to prefer it that way.

Refresh my memory, Dave: Ivermectin or not?

__________________________________________________ ________

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States | SpringerLink

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.

Across the US counties too, the median new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people in the last 7 days is largely similar across the categories of percent population fully vaccinated (Fig. 2). Notably there is also substantial county variation in new COVID-19 cases within categories of percentage population fully vaccinated. There also appears to be no significant signaling of COVID-19 cases decreasing with higher percentages of population fully vaccinated (Fig. 3).

Of the top 5 counties that have the highest percentage of population fully vaccinated (99.9–84.3%), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies 4 of them as “High” Transmission counties. Chattahoochee (Georgia), McKinley (New Mexico), and Arecibo (Puerto Rico) counties have above 90% of their population fully vaccinated with all three being classified as “High” transmission. Conversely, of the 57 counties that have been classified as “low” transmission counties by the CDC, 26.3% (15) have percentage of population fully vaccinated below 20%.
    What are the chances that you'll see this bombshell reported on the Nightly News?

starting strength coach development program
    Refresh my memory, Dave: Ivermectin or not?
    Yes. Wife and I both did .4mg/kg for five days beginning on day 3 of symptoms. Apparent symptoms abated for both of us the day after we took it. Gone by day five except taste issues.

She is taking zpack for her ear infection. I'm taking zpack and doxycycline for sinus and UTI. Symptoms for those all started between 48-72 hours after the virus symptoms stopped.