starting strength gym
Page 1820 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 82013201720177018101818181918201821182218301870192023202820 ... LastLast
Results 18,191 to 18,200 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So...Merck's Molnpiravir drug has just been given FDA Emergency approval for use based on a single study:

https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/375/bmj.n2422.full.pdf

"The company said in a press release that 7.3% of patients (28 of 385) who received molnupiravir as part of the phase III trial and 14.1% of patients taking placebo (53 of 377) either were admitted to hospital or had died by day 29 after randomisation."

Based on LESS THAN 385 PEOPLE

Ivermectin has 71 studies and counting showing benefit including thousands of individuals. Not to mention a decade of real world data showing it has a great safety profile:

Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 71 studies

And yet the FDA concludes that there is "not enough evidence" to support the use of ivermectin?

$ talks as they say

Wow, they couldn't look more ridiculous than these duck masks they're all suddenly wearing.

They're mocking us, no other explanation I can think of.

The masks would look better if the beaks were yellow, but that might make the charade too obvious.

Biden: From "I?m going to shut down the virus" to "There is no federal solution." - YouTube

So what's the deal with the kid desk and the fake window behind Brandon? Last week the fake window had shipping containers in the background?!

Rip, I agree that door to door Covid jabs would not go well in rural America. But when Stalin collectivized the farms, everyone said the same thing. Stalin sent the young ideologues out to the hinterland. Many of the urban true believers were killed. But ultimately the kulaks were given 10 to 25 years in the gulag, and the farms were collectivized according to Stalins dictates.

I try to be optimistic but history tells grim stories.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Rip, I agree that door to door Covid jabs would not go well in rural America. But when Stalin collectivized the farms, everyone said the same thing. Stalin sent the young ideologues out to the hinterland. Many of the urban true believers were killed. But ultimately the kulaks were given 10 to 25 years in the gulag, and the farms were collectivized according to Stalins dictates.

I try to be optimistic but history tells grim stories.
    How many guns did the kulaks have? We have 400 million.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    "Putin of Russia said on Thursday that he had no plans to impose fines or criminally prosecute people hesitant to be vaccinated against the coronavirus"

What about unvaccinated who aren't hesitant?

I got a 3-day zpack from a family member who's a pharmacist. I could get IVM prob if I asked. Getting the Monoclonal treatment tomorrow @ 9am as well, even though I'm on the other side of this. The ZPack is destroying my GI system though....

I'm ready to go home and be in my bed. I'm prob 85% back to normal or so (RPE, baby), so I know I'm not fully recovered, but know I'm better than I was on Christmas day. Like you, I didn't eat for 2 straight days just about. It really did feel like a stomach virus for me. Not a cold. Worse than a cold. Stomach viruses really beat my ass, and this is what happened to me. I'm also starting to cough up yellow phlem (not the dark green nasty stuff), so I view that as a very good thing as well. Get this shit out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I would, and if you fee the slightest bit poorly I'd get it checked early. My family has recovered well, but I have not. The health department and doc remain ever convinced it's ze COVID still, but I had two very prominent issues with the virus: it got to my sinuses and (just recently remembered) my urinary tract. I would say my virus symptoms were mild to moderate, but holy hell has the sinus infection and UTI been doing me in for the past few days. I'm on two antibiotics, had my chest cleared by x-ray (not my idea... doc wanted to rule out lung damage). and I have had a fever that will randomly spike to between 103-104.5 over and over for several hours. I've gone through three loads of laundry breaking fever, and I feel kinda like hammered dogshit. I'm glad I had around 18% body fat and some muscle at the start of this, because I haven't eaten more than around 1200 calories in the last four days, and I've been living off of gatorade and water. Albuterol plus the Day/Nyquil + Severe to keep the mucus moving, and just hammer down on fluids to stay hydrated.

My working theory is this virus just fucks up whatever protective lining in whatever part of your body it happens to go, and it leaves you exceptionally open to follow-on bacterial infection. I think for general health and mortality, resisting damage and secondary infection are where the money is at in threating this.

I had COVID for the past 6 days. Night sweats, sore legs, mild fever (at least initially), scratchy throat, cough. Took one light day, but didn’t skip a (home) training session. Pulled 500+ 6 times.

starting strength coach development program
    Re: the farm question, they may not have to collectivize the farms by force. In 2021 Bill Gates became the #1 owner of farmland in the US. People think I'm crazy for saying that we're slowly sliding away from a republic and into a totalitarian technocracy, but all signs point that way.