starting strength gym
Page 1825 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 82513251725177518151823182418251826182718351875192523252825 ... LastLast
Results 18,241 to 18,250 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    Barry claims that he thinks that everything that's happened in the last 2 years is due to "political correctness", I personally think he's intentionally obfuscating the discussion.
    False.

I claimed that the global response, “quarantine for all” , was chosen over “herd immunity” because “quarantine for all” does not discriminate against the elderly, race, income, and pre-existing conditions. Everyone treated equally is political correctness.

Those were the two prevailing candidates for response. Quarantine for all or herd immunity.
    We know which was chosen and implemented. What’s your theory as to to why we responded the way we did?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    My wife's maternal great-grandparents had their own farm and sold milk; nothing huge but like the equivalent of today's self-employed entrepreneur, I suppose. I never heard of how violently their personal property was collectivized, but my mother-in-law, who is only two or so generations removed from that event, only speaks glowingly and remorsefully of the life that was stolen from her in her forties, when the USSR collapsed. So counting the number of malleable minds and the strength of each side's propaganda is probably more practical for future generations, than counting the guns.
    As a general rule, anyone who hasn't directly profited from the break up of the communist block will find that era vastly preferable to today's era. It may just be that this was the kind of fascism they were used to and then they had to get used to the capitalist style fascism, but most of the stories about the atrocities in the USSR are as fake as the soviet propaganda about the West was.

Denninger today: Let's Make It Simple in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Here's a little thing:

Want better? The FAA says no pilot should be medically cleared to fly if they use a medication that has been fully approved for less than one year (https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...t%20themselves.). There are no fully-approved jabs actually available in the US so any commercial pilot who has been jabbed, by the FAA's rules, is medically unfit! Of course the actual law when it comes to airman medical certificates is irrelevant when politics get in the way of not dying at the controls -- right?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Ivermectin is still a de-wormer/anti-parasitic drug. Well according to Dr Yan Wu the meta analysis is flawed. Could the data be fraudulent?

Debunking Dr John Campbell's "Best Ivermectin Meta-analysis" Video - YouTube

Ethics and integrity in reviewing research: lessons from ivermectin - YouTube

Can somebody here with a head for data analysis have a look at this?
    Yan's primary argument seems not to consider the vast number of methodological differences between the studies: dosages used, timing of treatment, and specific outcomes analyzed, for example. One of his arguments is that the 3 studies at least risk of bias showed no relationship between treatment and outcome. We can't infer the entire meta analysis from 3 studies, those 3 also evaluated mild to moderate covid19 outcomes, not severe outcomes. They may have issues with dosage or timing, not sure, I'd have to review them. He seems to discount the other studies as they have a greater risk of bias - which does not make sense. There are more quality meta analyses than this specific paper anyway. He mentions the elgazzar study, which other researchers have already retracted from their meta analyses (as they should when a BS study comes out).

In any case, debate like this between researchers is actually how scientific consensus is reached. I'd love to hear Campbell's rebuttal.

Nearly everyone I know has had Omicron within the past few weeks and they've just had a slightly runny nose. I've told them I won't be getting the booster because the now prevalent Omicron variant (over 90% of cases) is harmless and the booster only provides immunity for 10 weeks and they say things like 'it's hardly harmless' and 'I had the first two jabs so I may as well get the third'...

It's like people have gone too far down the rabbit hole to clamber out. It doesn't matter that I share the death rate data that Rip shares - it has zero impact.

It's a truly surreal situation.

Why do you want people to die?

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Yan's primary argument seems not to consider the vast number of methodological differences between the studies: dosages used, timing of treatment, and specific outcomes analyzed, for example. One of his arguments is that the 3 studies at least risk of bias showed no relationship between treatment and outcome. We can't infer the entire meta analysis from 3 studies, those 3 also evaluated mild to moderate covid19 outcomes, not severe outcomes. They may have issues with dosage or timing, not sure, I'd have to review them. He seems to discount the other studies as they have a greater risk of bias - which does not make sense. There are more quality meta analyses than this specific paper anyway. He mentions the elgazzar study, which other researchers have already retracted from their meta analyses (as they should when a BS study comes out).

In any case, debate like this between researchers is actually how scientific consensus is reached. I'd love to hear Campbell's rebuttal.
    Debate like this between researchers is not how scientific consensus is reached, since none of this is science, but muddying the waters. The fact that ivermectin works is proven by people using ivermectin and getting better. The rest is like the PE papers about bench presses on balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Debate like this between researchers is not how scientific consensus is reached, since none of this is science, but muddying the waters. The fact that ivermectin works is proven by people using ivermectin and getting better. The rest is like the PE papers about bench presses on balls.
    This is true. You don't need to look further than Japan to see real world results, they have close to no case load, let alone severe illness. Additionally, the arguments make no note of the billions of doses that have been safely distributed throughout the 3rd world.

I don't think it is helpful to discourage debate on research quality. In a society that protects free speech, the truest argument will win out over time. Problem is right now that shit gets censored so that this is not able to happen. We all know what happens next to societies that censor free speech.

These MFers are just NOW saying they don't want to disrupt society, thus lowering the quarantine time down to 5 days. I wonder if anyone in the gutless media will ask them how much unnecessary damage they directly caused by waiting 24 months to change their mind.

Fauci, etc, don't have the courage to take questions like that. I hope they all burn.

starting strength coach development program
    It was all a plan. Operation Lockstep, SPARS Pandemic Scenerio, Agenda 2030, The Great Reset. It has all been war planned for decades and they pulled the trigger on their globalist new world order agenda. Yeah it is crazy. But they are the ones writing about it in white papers and speak about it in lectures. No one should be ignorant to this anymore if you have access to the net than you have access to all their own admissions.