starting strength gym
Page 1826 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 82613261726177618161824182518261827182818361876192623262826 ... LastLast
Results 18,251 to 18,260 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you're still using Twatter, you need to rethink that: Dr. Robert Malone permanently suspended on Twitter...

What about Donal OMathuna take on Ivermectin?

I don't think Dr John Campbell is a medical practitioner, but a trainer in nursing.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    What about Donal OMathuna take on Ivermectin?
    Link?

I don't think Dr John Campbell is a medical practitioner, but a trainer in nursing.
    I'm a geologist. Does that make me wrong?

Have you been using "Whats Up"? Does this not have something to do with the "Rockerfeller Playbook"? Now extrapolated to to include such things as 5G being used to induce covid like conditions in people? Who are the "they". Can you give links to any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Link?
    It is already in Gioferrante's reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm a geologist. Does that make me wrong?
    I never said Dr John was wrong, but his qualifications are not in the area he is advising on or so it appears, if you being a geologist and very knowledgeable about igneous rock and wanted to wire my house for a new power connection I would rather you be an electrician than a geologist.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    This is true. You don't need to look further than Japan to see real world results, they have close to no case load, let alone severe illness. Additionally, the arguments make no note of the billions of doses that have been safely distributed throughout the 3rd world.

I don't think it is helpful to discourage debate on research quality. In a society that protects free speech, the truest argument will win out over time. Problem is right now that shit gets censored so that this is not able to happen. We all know what happens next to societies that censor free speech.
    I am not discouraging debate. My position is that “scientific debate” on the validity of ivermectin has nothing whatsoever to do with science or the validity of ivermectin, but is just a layer of confusion thrown into the mix. These people doing the debates are simply paid to muddy the waters, do PR damage control. But that is not even the main point, the main point is to keep you hooked onto a storyline in which there is a pandemic of a new virus. There is no new virus.

Ivermectin works against the cold, it is useful in that by working against the cold it helps to keep some people out of the hospitals, where they are murdered by being placed into an induced coma and put on ventilators until they die. If they can’t be convinced to be put on a ventilator straight away, there are other tools. You can pump them full of dexamethasone and corticosteroids to “contain” the “cytokine storm”, which turns off the immune system and clears the way for viral or bacterial pneumonia of a severe kind, leading to the ventilator of course. You also fry the lungs by non stop oxygen supplementation, and there is also our good friend the kidney killer remdesivir. Read the “treatment” protocols world wide. Until they stop killing massive amounts of old people in the hospitals, the “scientific” “debate” is absolutely useless. What you need to do is:
    a) convince the scared people not to get tested for Covid, because they can’t “have” Covid if they don’t get tested
    b) convince the scared people tested positive for Covid not to go to the hospital

Some thoughts and evolution in thinking about the Kung Flu.

A few of weeks ago the local newsguy was interviewing an administrator of Southern Illinois Health (SIH). He asked what the stats were for the week in question for the Kung Flu. The response was 43 hospitalized, 19 of which had been already vaccinated. So not quite half. Not exactly what someone might term a really effective "vaccine."

Then, we learn the last several days the news is that the booster is effective for roughly 10 weeks.

Monday, the occupant of the White House had a meeting with (just dem?) governors wherein the "pandemic" responsibility was shoved down, Federalism style, to the state level. Which has since been shoved down by Gauleiter Pritzker to the local level. Not unlike how Trump got slagged for the same thing when he was in office.

Yesterday, as others have noted, the quarantine period got significantly reduced. Which will almost certainly reduce the total number of cases in play at any one time.

At this point getting a booster seems pointless. Despite the testimony of Rowe and others about how bad a serious case of the Red Death can affect someone. It's time to go to Rural King and get some Ivermectin.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    This is bizarre to me....it SEEMS like, all of a sudden, COVID is not a big deal. It's not the fed gov'ts responsibility, and while everyone is panic testing, and maybe even over-reacting a little bit, it's NOTHING like it was last year, when deaths were LOWER and cases were LOWER. This crap continues to make no sense. NOW Biden is saying this is a state issue? I'm glad he's saying it, but why say it now? How about 6-8-10 months earlier? Again, none of this makes any sense to me.

Step 1 - The states can take care of it
    Step 2 - Reduce testing
    Step 3 - hey look, cases down
    Step 4 - MSM stops covering severity, only "cases", and look! Cases down!
    Step 5 - Come on man, we beat COVID
    Step 6 - MSM headlines, "Biden Admin got us through this tough time"
    Step 7 - a nice victory speech, "Mission Accomplished!"
    Step 8 - right on time for mid-term elections...what a coincidence!

too cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate that. Where are you and what place is this that's hiring? I don't know where I'm gonna go next, but essentially having to relocate as a couple instead of a single person adds more considerations.
    Roberts Co., they run stores in Jackson, Clinton, Hattiesburg and soon Starkville. They need everyone from managers and directors on down to the stock guys. But like I say, there's a lot of hiring going on no matter the field. I turned down two bank jobs for the job I have now (because I was/am hoping my business can recover and needed hours I could work around.) Drivers are needed left and right, construction is picking up, the Nissan plant in Canton is hiring again. I don't know of anyone actually looking for work and unable to find it. Rent around here ranges from 750 for average to 1800 for a nice house they probably filmed some movie in. Little less in Rankin and Byram, little more in Ridgeland.
    *sorry for that delayed response as the holidays had me slammed

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    When we are all sent out to the camps to be reeducated we can train together and finally meet each other in person.

Obviously I am exaggerating but damn it seems the noose is tightening. Fortunately this thread gives me hope that there are free thinkers out there.
    I think a danger often overlooked is in the fact that we have domesticated so many of the younger males. A buddy of mine and I were talking. He's a writer for the gaming world and we were talking movies and my love of action movies and he pointed out how almost none of the manly action movie stars I like are close to my age. They're older. Usually considerably older. He asked me to name one young action movie star that really fits the part. I couldn't. The best I could do was Jon Bernthal who was born within a month of me. Still old by Hollywood standards. (sigh, there goes my Hollywood career, lol) His point was that masculinity and all the things that go with it, like that individualism I so favor, is being actively selected out. (Not my best wording there but hopefully my point is clear. Maybe "tamped down" is a better way to put it?) Socially we talk about "toxic masculinity" while we pour soy and chemical based foods down our kids' throats. He made some really good points in the conversation. I had observed the domestication of people in general, and how we're being optimized towards a technocratic future but until this conversation I had not realized the extent to which a lot of that was focused on young men. The extent to which simply being a guy with all the tendencies men have is now not as socially acceptable. He's in Cali and looking to get out so I'm sure it's probably worse where he is. The effects of removing the masculinity, the aggression, the things that come from that such as the physical ability to fight might have serious far reaching consequences. He said he doesn't know any of his guy friends whose testosterone isn't crazy low. (He tries to preach that gospel but the docs now act like "low" is normal.) I'm not saying you can't find men who break that rule but I am saying that on a population wide level such changes are bound to have effects down the road as to how pliable a society is and what those in power can get by with in said society. This would also have consequences for our armed forces and our standing in the world.

We have plenty of guns but do we still have a population willing to use them?

If the powers that want America, Inc. just have to wait a decade or so for the most capable among us to be too old to be a threat, the future looks grim, indeed.

"That’s a hefty price tag for such a small area, so one of the ways officials have been planning to fund it is by levying a per-mile driving tax against citizens. That was such an unpopular move it was shelved, for now. But I have a funny feeling that driving tax is going to be revisited."

Regarding per-mile vehicle taxes, it makes me wonder what's the real reason for all the license plate cameras being installed recently?

I'm sure there are dollar signs involved somewhere, because it most certainly isn't about public safety as they claim.