starting strength gym
Page 1828 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 82813281728177818181826182718281829183018381878192823282828 ... LastLast
Results 18,271 to 18,280 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post

I think a danger often overlooked is in the fact that we have domesticated so many of the younger males. A buddy of mine and I were talking. He's a writer for the gaming world and we were talking movies and my love of action movies and he pointed out how almost none of the manly action movie stars I like are close to my age. They're older. Usually considerably older. He asked me to name one young action movie star that really fits the part. I couldn't. The best I could do was Jon Bernthal who was born within a month of me. Still old by Hollywood standards. (sigh, there goes my Hollywood career, lol) His point was that masculinity and all the things that go with it, like that individualism I so favor, is being actively selected out. (Not my best wording there but hopefully my point is clear. Maybe "tamped down" is a better way to put it?) Socially we talk about "toxic masculinity" while we pour soy and chemical based foods down our kids' throats. He made some really good points in the conversation. I had observed the domestication of people in general, and how we're being optimized towards a technocratic future but until this conversation I had not realized the extent to which a lot of that was focused on young men. The extent to which simply being a guy with all the tendencies men have is now not as socially acceptable. He's in Cali and looking to get out so I'm sure it's probably worse where he is. The effects of removing the masculinity, the aggression, the things that come from that such as the physical ability to fight might have serious far reaching consequences. He said he doesn't know any of his guy friends whose testosterone isn't crazy low. (He tries to preach that gospel but the docs now act like "low" is normal.) I'm not saying you can't find men who break that rule but I am saying that on a population wide level such changes are bound to have effects down the road as to how pliable a society is and what those in power can get by with in said society. This would also have consequences for our armed forces and our standing in the world.

We have plenty of guns but do we still have a population willing to use them?

If the powers that want America, Inc. just have to wait a decade or so for the most capable among us to be too old to be a threat, the future looks grim, indeed.
    The future of the American male: Pajama Boy Redux: The Male in Modern Society | Mark Rippetoe

I was playing a game last night with friends over video chat and one of them has covid, while another was exposed at the same time and didn't get it. Some of my friends made suggestions that infections are spreading so fast that we should go back into lockdown. I tried my hardest to tell them that nothing is stopping omicron, not the current vaccines, not masks, not physical distancing, and even lockdowns won't work. It was like I was a psycho. But the numbers are clear here. It just spreads too fast. The infection count is likely way higher than the case count and it appears that a carrier can be infectious 2 days prior to symptoms showing. It's like... how do you practically manage that at all? You can't. But since one of my friends has a elderly mother who has cancer, he was all fear.

He even tried to convince me that natural immunity was weaker than vaccine immunity because some guy did a bunch of anti-body tests in a lab and showed there were more antibodies in the vaccinated than the natural immunity group (I think I saw the same thing on TikTok). But if you look at southern Africa, much of the immunity there is natural and covid infections ripped through there without a coincident rise in hospitalizations. And most of the hospitalizations were incidental findings. Ontario is now going to start reporting this difference (which is encouraging) of incidental infections in hospital vs. people who are being treated directly for covid complications. But it just blows my mind that people confuse the story people tell through their interpretation of the data, vs reading the data directly and coming to some logical conclusion. It's impossible to have conversations about this stuff when people take someone else's conclusions and don't know the underlying data to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Refreshing!
    he’s such a piece of shit. Worse by orders of magnitude than his father was. That’s assuming Castro wasn’t actually his father. Actually, either way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by guni View Post
    Step 1 - The states can take care of it
    Step 2 - Reduce testing
    Step 3 - hey look, cases down
    Step 4 - MSM stops covering severity, only "cases", and look! Cases down!
    Step 5 - Come on man, we beat COVID
    Step 6 - MSM headlines, "Biden Admin got us through this tough time"
    Step 7 - a nice victory speech, "Mission Accomplished!"
    Step 8 - right on time for mid-term elections...what a coincidence!

too cynical?
    You forgot the part where they blame the right for every illogical, unpopular thing they did. Just like they blamed Republicans for defunding police.

This thing is well worth the time. I'd post the text here for you, but it's too long. Here's a sample:

We use masks to monitor our level of control. Masks don’t work at all. We just made that shit up. We aren’t stupid. We know that the two randomized trials showed no effect. The study the CDC cites for justifying masks in schools was horribly confounded, but it showed the results we wanted to see. And even when we are called out about it in a great video on YouTube, it doesn’t matter. We didn’t even need to have YouTube pull the video. So it works. That’s why we ALWAYS refer to that study (rather than the more definitive randomized studies which we don’t talk about at all). But trust me, the public doesn’t know that we are only showing them the crappy studies that support our agenda. They totally trust us because we are the authorities. They don’t have the time to do the research. Let’s be honest here. Few people are going to buy Judy Mikovits’ “The Truth About Masks” book on Amazon. Look, only 82 ratings on a subject that affects 300 million people! So masks are our canary in the coal mine. If people aren’t complying with our ridiculous masking advice, it’s a sign we are losing control, so we have to stiffen the enforcement by doing things like making it a crime not to do what we say. This control over people’s minds is critical to our success. We can even get them to double-mask, they are so stupid. They can’t figure out that 2 x 0 = 0. These people will do anything we say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    JOvan sure Western propaganda exaggerated things to make us look much better, but that the business was collectivized was a fact.

I'm going to ask my parents-in-law if they know the circumstances of the theft on New Year's, this holiday the communists also successfully implemented by stealing Christmas from the middle class. For now, though, all I can share are my wife's remarks: who CARES how they did it? They're the government; they just came and said OK, this belongs to the government now, and that was it.

Again, I share all this to show how now, just as over the past thirty years, it is naive to think our guns or that one politician or that one policy win are enough to protect us from slavery, as "they" have been steadily and incrementally marking wins towards collectivization all this time.
    There is no doubt farms were seized by fiat and violence, in order to destroy the village and force a rapid industrialization. I suspect however, that many farmers were simply bought off. For instance, in the EU this is done via the Common Agricultural Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This thing is well worth the time. I'd post the text here for you, but it's too long. Here's a sample:

I’ve always thought the mask fraud was low hanging fruit.

I , without a lot of thought, can almost prove they don’t or didn’t work. There were no requirements or standards. No requirements, no experiments, no data. It’s all make believe. Latter on, with absurd polices to take them off when sipping water, etc. made the fraud a certainty.

Warning though, we are starting to see mask specs but there is a chance we are done anyway.

There still is no FDA approved "vaccine" available to the public.

Bait and Switch: There remains no FDA approved COVID vaccine in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by giampierod View Post
    I was playing a game last night with friends over video chat and one of them has covid, while another was exposed at the same time and didn't get it. Some of my friends made suggestions that infections are spreading so fast that we should go back into lockdown. I tried my hardest to tell them that nothing is stopping omicron, not the current vaccines, not masks, not physical distancing, and even lockdowns won't work. It was like I was a psycho. But the numbers are clear here. It just spreads too fast. The infection count is likely way higher than the case count and it appears that a carrier can be infectious 2 days prior to symptoms showing. It's like... how do you practically manage that at all? You can't. But since one of my friends has a elderly mother who has cancer, he was all fear.
    there is no "omicron", there is only a ramp up of testing and lies.

starting strength coach development program
    They don't even care that we know they are lying.