starting strength gym
Page 1842 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 84213421742179218321840184118421843184418521892194223422842 ... LastLast
Results 18,411 to 18,420 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post

Anyway, I did a little reading about betadine and Lugol's iodine. Besides a good dosage, what would be the risk of doing a nasal spray at home of the latter? Seems like it has both iodine and potassium iodide, and it is intended for internal use. Is the efficacy based around the element maintained?

Might not be a bad thing to have in addition to betadine for topical. I know we collectively forget, but iodine supplementation used to be very important back when. It might still be.

History of U.S. Iodine Fortification and Supplementation
    McCullough et al suggest hydrogen peroxide as a substitute, if betadine is not available. 1% soln, I think, but check that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why would a 25-year-old athlete buy a life insurance policy?
    Because the league he plays for made him get all his COVID shots.

Anyway, I did a little reading about betadine and Lugol's iodine. Besides a good dosage, what would be the risk of doing a nasal spray at home of the latter? Seems like it has both iodine and potassium iodide, and it is intended for internal use. Is the efficacy based around the element maintained?

Might not be a bad thing to have in addition to betadine for topical. I know we collectively forget, but iodine supplementation used to be very important back when. It might still be.
    I like the idea of a dilute exposure in normal saline to the mucosa. I washes off and doesn't just lay there and irritate your nose. Normal saline without iodine is what I use every morning. Feels nice to start the day with a clean schnozz.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Because the league he plays for made him get all his COVID shots.
    Good point. A perverse incentive.

It does mean that not all of the cops are willing to get into a gunfight with us -- an important distinction.
    That's probably why Pfizer is using military assets as collateral in some of their contracts. Look out for laws that are going to be attempted to be passed allowing for international virus control teams access to countries.

Yeah, maybe. He thinks my guns are kept where I can't get to them.
    Maybe? Maybe? I am taking about the more exotic variety, you know, the fully auto rifles, zip guns and shorted shotguns stored in the storm water drain pipe and a few rounds of A.P. stashed with some 15in bayonets and billy clubs under the floor. You Texas folk probably have small arsenals on your premises.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It seems to me wal is mostly bored. He barely follows the development of the hoax and is mostly using the discussion to tell personal stories.
    Well, that is what happens when you go senile. You know, you start to remissness about the old days as such.

And yet, here is the plan: Biden signs $137M deal for COVID test factory to start producing 83.3M tests a month in late 2024 | Daily Mail Online

They'll be ready at the end of 2024. The Long Game.
    Fauci: CDC May Add Negative COVID-19 Test to Quarantine Guidelines
    “There has been some concern about why we don’t ask people at that five-day period to get tested. That is something that is now under consideration,” Fauci said. “The CDC is very well aware that there has been some pushback about that,” he added.
    Fauci added that when “looking at it again, there may be an option in that, that testing could be a part of that, and I think we’re going to be hearing more about that in the next day or so from the CDC
    .”

In new preprint, researchers from Kaiser Permanente in Oregon show how rates of post-vaccine myocarditis may be underestimated by just using ICD10 diagnosis codes currently used by VSD (the official surveillance network).

“We identified that the encounter text description methodology identified approximately twice as many cases of myopericarditis following COVID-19 mRNA vaccination.”

For males following the 2nd dose the rate was found to be 537.1 per million or 1-in-1,862.

Risk of Myopericarditis following COVID-19 mRNA vaccination in a Large Integrated Health System: A Comparison of Completeness and Timeliness of Two Methods | medRxiv

Duck duck go didn't come up with anything remotely useful from the browser (wikipedia, for one)
    With Duck, Duck, you have to type in “Wiki” along with whatever you're searching.

To summarize their Table 1: VSD (what Grantham might consider "standard practice") completely misses 5/16 cases, and misses 9/16 unless you wait 2+ months for the data to settle. This is yet another paper whose myocarditis risk estimate (95/million) is an order of magnitude higher than initial claims.

"Try a full-text search" is common sense. Meanwhile, the CDC's latest report casually tosses out 20% of VAERS incidents because "date of vaccination was unknown" - even though they track the entire period during which the vaccines were authorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    To summarize their Table 1: VSD (what Grantham might consider "standard practice") completely misses 5/16 cases, and misses 9/16 unless you wait 2+ months for the data to settle. This is yet another paper whose myocarditis risk estimate (95/million) is an order of magnitude higher than initial claims.

"Try a full-text search" is common sense. Meanwhile, the CDC's latest report casually tosses out 20% of VAERS incidents because "date of vaccination was unknown" - even though they track the entire period during which the vaccines were authorized.
    I’m glad you’re here.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    (what Grantham might consider "standard practice")
    Lame. You're better than this.