starting strength gym
Page 1843 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 84313431743179318331841184218431844184518531893194323432843 ... LastLast
Results 18,421 to 18,430 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Covid-19: Children born during the pandemic score lower on cognitive tests, study finds

“Children born during the pandemic score markedly lower on standard measures of verbal, motor, and overall cognitive ability, US researchers have found.”

Covid-19: Children born during the pandemic score lower on cognitive tests, study finds | The BMJ

Funeral director in Milton Keynes UK breaks his silence - YouTube

What do you make of this phenomenology Rip?

Follow the Money…

Default RE: 40% increase in death claims

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    "Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64". He notes that most of these deaths are not attributed to COVID-19.
    I don’t have a ton of information about this just yet. Waiting for more details. But, in a previous post, I linked to something where MetLife was reporting higher than normal death claims and would have to reprice its group life insurance product…. and now One America.

I asked a product dev guy I know what might be happening here, so I don’t want to stick my neck out too far at this point before getting the full story. However, I’ve been an insurance agent for long enough that I feel comfortable speculating on some plausible scenarios. Again, I don’t know that this is actually what’s happening, but this is what makes sense to me at this point:

First, there is a world of difference between MetLife and One America. Met is a mammoth public company and OA is a much smaller mutual life insurance company. They are one of the smaller mutuals at that. Not that that’s bad, but it is interesting that it would affect things across the board like that—both large and small companies. That rules out the “small guy is taking outsized risks and paid the price” argument.

The other difference is, at this point, it appears to be the group life insurance market and not the individual life insurance market. The last conference call I was on with product devs and the marketing folks, they were discussing mortality experience being in line with projected death rates. This was for individual life insurance.

Group insurance is a different animal (it is the insurance you buy through your employer).

Generally speaking, individual policies are fully medically underwritten. Meaning, you must qualify before the insurer offers you a policy. If you’re terminal, you don’t qualify. If you have a serious health issue, the insurer rates you as a substandard risk and you pay a flat extra premium for the privilege of being insured.

Group policies are not like that. You can be in very poor health and still get the $50,000 from your employer’s group plan and everyone in the group pays the same rate. There’s no real medical underwriting. This is how a lot of folks get insured when they otherwise might pay more or not be covered at all. And, life insurance is not like other forms of insurance. It is not an indemnity contract. It is a valued contract—there is no insurance adjuster to whittle the amount down. The contact is valued at whatever the death benefit amount is at time of death. To me, it seems like a risky bet for insurers but lots of insurers have carved out a niche in the employer benefits market to capitalize on it. Maybe this will be the convincing moment that this is not such a great risk to be taking…

If working-aged folks are dying at an unusually high rate, and primarily not from COVID, then this may be the beginning of the downstream effects of the government's command-and-control tactics. A 40% increase is a huge spike in death claims, and if this is being accurately reported then this is very serious.

We know that most of the death claims are not from COVID, so that leaves non-COVID mortality which, at this point, can be a wide range of causes. One America has already said they’re passing the expenses on to the group, which is what keeps the plan from blowing up in the insurer’s face (mostly). I would be surprised if other companies didn’t follow suit. Still, with such dramatic rise in deaths, it's hard to imagine this won't affect insurer profits. Maybe this is when premiums start to rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Lame. You're better than this.
    My god, doctor. Aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    If working-aged folks are dying at an unusually high rate, and primarily not from COVID, then this may be the beginning of the downstream effects of the government's command-and-control tactics. A 40% increase is a huge spike in death claims, and if this is being accurately reported then this is very serious.
    Here's the piece in question, ICYMI: Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64 | Indiana | thecentersquare.com

World’s first Covid Injection Murder Case against Bill Gates filed in India – The Expose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is what Dr Malone has to say about this development.
    What if the largest experiment on human beings in history is a failure?

--------------------------------------------------------------

OneAmerica Life Insurance CEO Scott Davison explains to the Indiana Chamber of Commerce what his industry is seeing in terms of alarming death rates, and what the impact will be to employers

“Most of us in the industry are starting to target and add premium loads onto employers that are based in counties that have low vaccination rates”

Chamber of Commerce, Indiana Hospital Association discuss COVID impact – WTTV CBS4Indy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post

What do you make of this phenomenology Rip?

Follow the Money…
    I like this part: "As a society, we're very good at getting people to pass away in hospital."

Here's the link: Funeral director in Milton Keynes UK breaks his silence - YouTube

It gets very interesting at 9:00. I predict this will become hard to find later today (maybe not, it's been up since 9/16/21).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Lame. You're better than this.
    But VSD is standard practice. It's just horribly inaccurate. Much like censoring small counts in papers, even when they crucially underpin the main conclusions. Same goes for damaging public trust with oversold marketing claims; sterilizing immunity is historically rare, after all. I don't know what you think about Elsevier's recent actions, but I'm sure they're in line with some (bogus) precedent or escape clause.

Your reticence about these failings is worrying. My field (machine learning) has problems which are apparent to the public: it produces algorithms which are opaque, fragile, and undertested. But people like me have no difficulty speaking openly about these problems, despite the fact that many large profitable enterprises would prefer otherwise. How else would these problems get fixed?

This is Kirschs' take on the matter.
    Unprecedented: Deaths in Indiana for ages 18-64 are up 40%

2nd clip is another Malone insight into the life insurance matter.
    Dr. Malone: Medical Lies Are Result of Mass Formation Psychosis – Steve Bannon's War Room: Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    I don’t have a ton of information about this just yet. Waiting for more details.
    Steve Kirsch created a separate substack specifically dedicated to this topic. Your knowledge and background would surely be appreciated there.
    Please subscribe to this dedicated substack if you work at an insurance company

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    This is very important. Read it.

Key points:

Deaths among 18-64 year-olds (who don’t normally die) are up by 40% in 2021 vs. pre-pandemic levels

This is huge. HUGE. They’ve never seen anything like this before in their history. Normally death rates don’t change at all. They are very stable. It would take something REALLY BIG to have an effect this big.

Others in the industry are seeing it too.

It isn’t COVID. COVID deaths are down this year.

Whatever it is that is causing this, it is bigger and more deadlier than COVID and it’s affecting nearly everyone.

The CDC is totally on top of this… ok, just kidding… the CDC is clueless as usual.

All of this means that “something” is causing MASSIVE numbers of excess deaths in 2021.

I wonder what is killing all these people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Your reticence about these failings is worrying.
    Dr. Grantham is behaving exactly like Hurling does when he unquestioningly defends the police every time they murder someone under color of authority. Grantham is more passive about it, but it's the same thing. Neither of them understand how bad that pisses us off.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

It gets very interesting at 9:00. I predict this will become hard to find later today (maybe not, it's been up since 9/16/21).
    He's been a whistle blower for a while now and has done many interviews. So even if it's taken down from YT, all the other alternate platforms are still available.
    In fact that's probably why YT hasn't taken it down. They might be feeling a little sting. Something I have noticed lately, some videos that I wasn't expecting to see there are being displayed and made available.