starting strength gym
Page 1845 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 84513451745179518351843184418451846184718551895194523452845 ... LastLast
Results 18,441 to 18,450 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So you're predicting an election in 2022?

Well, they do have to keep up the illusion of voting!

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Any predictions for 2022?
    My prediction is democrats' main thrust this year will be divided between two agendas. One will be pushing "voting rights" legislation (as in giving more rights to vote to people who shouldn't be able to, and to enshrine universal mail-in voting). The other will be trying to delay the likely stock market crash that will come once the federal reserve inevitably has to stop pumping money into the stock market to artificially inflate it. If it comes before November, they will be in huge fucking trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Where do you think my guns are?

Probable not where you can get to them in a moments notice 24/7

He didn't have guns, not like we do here, because he is in Canada. That doesn't mean we are prepared to get into a gunfight with the cops. It does mean that not all of the cops are willing to get into a gunfight with us -- and important distinction.
    Of course Cops aren't going to start a gunfight with you, they'll come and arrest you. The presence of guns just means they will take extra precautions.

It will probably go something like this.

- "Do you mind if we have a chat Mark"

- "Do you have any guns on you?"

- If you say yes - Ok do you mind if I cuff you/take them off you (If you say no you're a non compliant armed individual) This will escalate. Remember this is just from a traffic stop

- If you say no - they'll find it and you go back to the step above.

- He runs your name and sees it's flagged "The systems just come back with an error most likely, we'll have to go to the station to fix it up" (Your cuffed at this point so you all you can say is yes or take the 5th as you get taken in cuffs to the station)

From memory the only isolated time that the presence of guns has worked has been the bundy ranch standoff. Because there was a higher concentration of militia than police. If the Police think they outgun you, then you get Waco.

Police operate day to day in America with it's 400 million guns. They arrest criminals and dangerous people in the drug trade all the time. A population that is well armed and has few hesitations about committing to violence. If crack dens filled with armed high criminals get regularly raided successfully, how are you personally going to present a greater obstacle? Remember if your killed, you're an old white dude that's on the wrong side of the political fence. The media will castigate you as a trump terrorist and your governor will proclaim his allegiance to the thin blue line and say what an awful situation it is and how horrible it is that white supremacy leads to dead cops. Your death in a shootout will allow cnn to keep the lights on for about another week.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    This thread has 18K posts, over 3m views, and nobody has even mentioned the furin cleavage of the SARS-CoV2 virus yet, let alone discussed the potential implications of its existence.
    Quite surprising, to be honest.

IPB
    What is that?

Just to play devils advocate on the 40% increased all cause mortality:

Duh.

America has a mobility scooter demographic. The two double cheeseburger and litre of coke for breakfast before wiping their face with the bag demographic.

For all intents and purposes, these people should be dead, and are kept alive by medical intervention. Generally ongoing medical/pharmalogical care of some kind.

As people have said many many times, if you restrict people from going to hospital they are not getting this care. Without it they die.

"My prediction is democrats' main thrust this year will be divided between two agendas. One will be pushing "voting rights" legislation (as in giving more rights to vote to people who shouldn't be able to, and to enshrine universal mail-in voting). The other will be trying to delay the likely stock market crash that will come once the federal reserve inevitably has to stop pumping money into the stock market to artificially inflate it. If it comes before November, they will be in huge fucking trouble."

Agreed, it seems "voting rights" is a very effective divide and conquer methodology. It also demoralizes those who support the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

As for the stock market? It makes zero sense to me how it can keep going sky high during a "pandemic" and economic crisis. It likely won't end well for us. Same script as 2008 probably.

So you're predicting an election in 2022?
    Republicans are very likely to win both houses.

I agree climate will be a defining issue. We are hearing “existential” threat again. The left was brilliant with the “follow the science” strategy for the pandemic. However, they failed at the grade school level and it keeps getting worse. Oops.

Climate also doesn’t conveniently happen on election cycle time scales. There will be a lot of commotion, and plenty of adorable little Greta’s, but no bite.

And it begins:

The NBA and NBPA have agreed to revise the league's health and safety protocols to accelerate the return of asymptomatic and vaccinated players, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
    Prior mandates required players, coaches, and staff to isolate for no fewer than seven days if COVID-19 test results revealed cycle threshold (CT) levels above 35.
    The new protocols will permit individuals who've tested positive to return to team activities following a five-day period with CT levels above 30. CT levels are used to determine the viral load of an individual's COVID-19 case. It's a scaled measurement where the higher the number, the less virus was found in the sample, suggesting the person is less likely to be infectious.
    A total of 260 players have entered league protocols this season as of Friday morning, including 247 in December. Nine head coaches have also entered protocols this month, and 11 games have been called off after a team failed to submit a league-required roster of eight players.

-------
    a CT of 30 is still too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Probable not where you can get to them in a moments notice 24/7
    In my office right now, I have a shotgun and 3 handguns within 4 feet (1.2m) of me right now. And that's just my office. You Australians are an odd lot. They have really beaten the balls off of you, and you have some serious misconceptions about life in a nominally free society.

Of course Cops aren't going to start a gunfight with you, they'll come and arrest you. The presence of guns just means they will take extra precautions.

It will probably go something like this.

- "Do you mind if we have a chat Mark"

- "Do you have any guns on you?"

- If you say yes - Ok do you mind if I cuff you/take them off you (If you say no you're a non compliant armed individual) This will escalate. Remember this is just from a traffic stop

- If you say no - they'll find it and you go back to the step above.

- He runs your name and sees it's flagged "The systems just come back with an error most likely, we'll have to go to the station to fix it up" (Your cuffed at this point so you all you can say is yes or take the 5th as you get taken in cuffs to the station)

From memory the only isolated time that the presence of guns has worked has been the bundy ranch standoff. Because there was a higher concentration of militia than police. If the Police think they outgun you, then you get Waco.

Police operate day to day in America with it's 400 million guns. They arrest criminals and dangerous people in the drug trade all the time. A population that is well armed and has few hesitations about committing to violence. If crack dens filled with armed high criminals get regularly raided successfully, how are you personally going to present a greater obstacle? Remember if your killed, you're an old white dude that's on the wrong side of the political fence. The media will castigate you as a trump terrorist and your governor will proclaim his allegiance to the thin blue line and say what an awful situation it is and how horrible it is that white supremacy leads to dead cops. Your death in a shootout will allow cnn to keep the lights on for about another week.
    You seem to know a lot about Texas. Where do you live again? Let me help you out: in Texas, any law-abiding citizen can carry a firearm in the car. I have a License to Carry. When I'm stopped for a traffic violation, the officer comes to my window, tells me his name and agency, and asks for my driver's license and proof of insurance. I provide these as well as my LTC (which requires a background check to obtain). He says, "Are you carrying a weapon now?" I say, "I am, two of them." He says, "Where are they?" I say, "I have one in the console and one in that brown bag." He says, "Thanks, just leave them alone while we're talking." I say, "Absolutely, officer." Happened two weeks ago, in fact. I don't drive in states like Maryland, New Jersey, New York, California, etc., where the state laws are similar to Australia's.

You're wrong about the Bundy Ranch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Republicans are very likely to win both houses.

I agree climate will be a defining issue. We are hearing “existential” threat again. The left was brilliant with the “follow the science” strategy for the pandemic. However, they failed at the grade school level and it keeps getting worse. Oops.

Climate also doesn’t conveniently happen on election cycle time scales. There will be a lot of commotion, and plenty of adorable little Greta’s, but no bite.
    I should have been more clear:

So you're predicting that we're going to have an election in 2022?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

The laughs keep coming in australia, now that the government has decided to "let 'er rip" every dumb fuck with the slightest symptom of a cold is now queuing up for testing, throwing the health system into shambles.

213,789 active cases
    0.8% in hospital

A total of 4 deaths from this current round so far.

starting strength coach development program
    In the words of PJ O’Rourke, ‘don’t vote, it just encourages the bastards’