starting strength gym
Page 1851 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 85113511751180118411849185018511852185318611901195123512851 ... LastLast
Results 18,501 to 18,510 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Neat. Where's it from?

Interesting back-and-forth between Rip and Subby. A clarification:

Subby defines freedom thus: In this instance I am using "freedoms" as a catch all term for the right of citizens to live free of government interference at a macro level.

How do you define freedoms Rip for the purposes of this debate?

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    Kirsch jumps to the conclusion that the 40% increase is due to the vaccine. There's no evidence of this either. One America is mostly a group benefits company. It owns a teeny tiny life insurance division, which some have blown up to legendary proportion by calling OA a "major life insurance company". They're not. Northwestern Mutual is a major life insurance company, but they haven't made any public statements about an increase in mortality yet. I believe MetLife has made an offhand comment about it, and the need to reprice their group plans to offset the rise in mortality.
    I think Davison made the point that the increased mortality was probably due to all causes created by the response to the "pandemic," including the vaccines, greatly reduced access to medical services and the attendant delay in diagnoses of serious illnesses, social isolation and the psychological effects, drug and alcohol abuse due to stress and boredom, and several other things I can't think of right now. If Kirsch wants to blame it all on the vaccines, that would be kinda typical, but incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Interesting back-and-forth between Rip and Subby. A clarification:

Subby defines freedom thus: In this instance I am using "freedoms" as a catch all term for the right of citizens to live free of government interference at a macro level.

How do you define freedoms Rip for the purposes of this debate?
    I would extend that definition down to the micro level, to the point where my exercise would infringe on the rights of others to do the same. You?

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    The theory is utterly fascinating, backed up with near-endless evidence, and is one of those rare gems that probably should be on everyone's bookshelf. Jaynes' ideas have made an enormous impact on how I view the world, and I would be "lost", so to speak, without it.
    Do you, like, really believe this or are you just fucking with us?

Have you read the book, Jovan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think Davison made the point that the increased mortality was probably due to all causes created by the response to the "pandemic," including the vaccines, greatly reduced access to medical services and the attendant delay in diagnoses of serious illnesses, social isolation and the psychological effects, drug and alcohol abuse due to stress and boredom, and several other things I can't think of right now. If Kirsch wants to blame it all on the vaccines, that would be kinda typical, but incomplete.

I would extend that definition down to the micro level, to the point where my exercise would infringe on the rights of others to do the same. You?
    Freedom for me in this life rather than a philosophical definition:

To be able to vote who governs my country in a non-rigged election and thus live my life free to adhere to or break ANY law I choose while knowing the consequences for the latter are the same for everyone.

Rip, can you name any countries in the West where you believe their election isn’t rigged?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Rip, can you name any countries in the West where you believe their election isn’t rigged?
    I can't. I don't have that level of data.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Does not the Insurrection act bypass this like FEMA in a emergency?
    That would be a matter for the courts to decide. But what does it look like if it does bypass Posse Comitatus? FEMA comes up my driveway to confiscate my guns, and because the Insurrection Act says FEMA can do this I just welcome them into the house, hand them all my guns and ammo, and make tea for them while they load them up? Because FEMA has been given the "authority" to enslave my ass? The only person who can give a free man the authority to enslave him is that man himself.

You people just don't understand. You are Subjects of the Crown. Pointless to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Have you read the book, Jovan?
    I am on the fence, which is why I asked the question, I don't want to be trolled into a bullshit book. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I am on the fence, which is why I asked the question, I don't want to be trolled into a bullshit book. Why?
    Your tone suggested that you had information.

starting strength coach development program
    I just sound like an asshole sometimes.