starting strength gym
Page 1858 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 85813581758180818481856185718581859186018681908195823582858 ... LastLast
Results 18,571 to 18,580 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    All the small Italian restaurants in Texas are owned by Albanians. Can you cook?

__________________________________________________ ________

And for you poor bastards still living in California: California Wants to Double Its Taxes | National Review

If this proposal is adopted, California would essentially have 18 tax brackets, and individuals making less than $50,000 per year would wind up paying double-digit marginal tax rates.

Why does California need all this money? To fund CalCare, its proposed single-payer health-care system. If you want European-level government benefits, you have to pay European-level taxes.

Calling these taxes European-level is actually doing a disservice to Europe, however. The top marginal federal income-tax rate is 37 percent. That means the combined state-federal top marginal income-tax rate in California under this proposal (the actual burden that taxpayers would have to face) would be 55.05 percent. That’s a higher top marginal rate than Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, or the United Kingdom. The only European countries with top marginal rates higher than 55.05 percent are Finland at 56.95 percent and Denmark at 55.9 percent.
    Maybe you should consider Albania (imagine typing this in 1975).

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    This is a wild admission. Going back to Skanderbeg, it's always been Albanians fleeing to Italy, which only accelerated after Clinton destroyed the Balkans. I wish you luck.
    Nothing is destroyed dude, it was just a bit of bombing, which is quite normal here. Francesco's biggest problem in Albania will be that he can only look at the girls, not touch them. I'm serious, their families are kind of very protective.

Denninger today: The Statement Nobody Made in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

So Kagan and Sotomayer both believe that there is grave danger to everyone who is not vaccinated in the workplace, and this, as a voluntary decision by said employees, justifies overruling said personal decisions.

Indeed, unlike a mandate to wear a hardhat on the job, which is removed at the end of the shift, this mandate permanently changes one's biochemistry no matter where they are.

Leave alone Sotomayer's flat-out lie that 100,000 children are in serious condition today. The current national census of pediatric cases is about 3,000.

Whether that's true or not its irrelevant since children do not work -- and are not in the workplace.

This is about the workplace.

But let's point out what the solicitors for the plaintiffs did not do, and they failed to do so intentionally.

Specifically, it is known and agreed by all that being overweight or obese is a wild potentiator of *****-19 disease severity.

So why is it that Kagan and Sotomayer are permitted to sit on the USSC, say much less be a justice or a Federal Employee at all?

You see, NY documented that even being wildly old, 85 or greater, without one or more underlying condition you almost never died when you got *****-19.

So does OSHA have the authority to mandate that you not be fat, and that you must either not be fat or lose your job?

Well?

May I remind you that the risk assumption from being fat is voluntary -- as is that from being unvaccinated.
    Sotomayor fucked up as bad as Ted Cruz.

Will be curious what happens in Australia, with 2 pro tennis players stuck in covid jail, one of which is the world's #1 men's player, and arguably the greatest men's player of all time..... Just before the Australian Open, which is aired on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That error just cost him a lot of money.
    I've always seen Cruz and politicians like him as sort of stubborn beasts of burden that need to be constantly poked and prodded to stay on task. Once those pokes and prods come, he usually gets in line with what the constituents want because he sees it's what the constituents want. That's the pattern of behavior I've observed from Ted over the years, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmll View Post
    Rip,

What would u do in this situation...

My 2 housemates are returning from vacation this sunday afternoon. They both have covid...one started getting sick 5 days ago, the other 3 days ago. Theyve both had 3 injections, and both are sick, but not badly sick.

I havnt taken any coronavirus injections, and am not interested in taking them. But id still rather try to avoid getting coronavirus if possible than just letting it happen. Im 34, 191cm, 102kg (but flabby, not lean), no underlying conditions (but very unfit) and have novice level strength (sets are 65kg press, 130kg squats, 105kg bench, and 178kg dl). I really dont want my training to get effected by covid...im not doing so well with it as it is (my lifts have plateaud, and im picking up niggling injuries from poor technique etc).

Do you think its worth staying somewhere else for a few nights until the housemates are better?

Thanks.
    What would you do in this situation January 7th, 2020? Because nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Denninger today: The Statement Nobody Made in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

So does OSHA have the authority to mandate that you not be fat, and that you must either not be fat or lose your job?
    The CDC declared obesity an epidemic 20 years ago.

If OSHA would have required all obese (pick a definition) employees take a Fen-Phen regimen 20 years ago, Covid would not have killed anyone. Forced bariatric surgery? Bataan Death March revival camp? Twelve weeks of Crossfit and Keto? For the good of all humans, side effects will not be measured.

Maybe the obese could test out by performing a 2x BW deadlift or run a 7 minute mile?

Hmm, update from holiday family gatherings. Apparently, everyone got sick except the unvaxxed.

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Hmm, update from holiday family gatherings. Apparently, everyone got sick except the unvaxxed.

Interesting...
    Did they learn anything?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Nothing is destroyed dude, it was just a bit of bombing, which is quite normal here. Francesco's biggest problem in Albania will be that he can only look at the girls, not touch them. I'm serious, their families are kind of very protective.
    This is actually REALLY good advice! Probably saved me a lot of troubles