starting strength gym
Page 1859 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 85913591759180918491857185818591860186118691909195923592859 ... LastLast
Results 18,581 to 18,590 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Did they learn anything?

Here's them.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...54228481835014

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    My assessment watching the guy over the years is no. He's shown himself to be very much just a politician.
    I shake my head when I hear you Texans complain about your politicians there. Yes they are far from perfect but I will trade my senator for yours anyday.
    I’ll send you Liz Warren and will happily take Ted Cruz. We have a deal? Send me Abbott and any one else you may want to get rid of.

Then again, I come from the home state of Ted Kennedy and Micheal Dukakis. There will never be a DeSantis here let alone Abbott.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmll View Post
    Rip,

What would u do in this situation...

My 2 housemates are returning from vacation this sunday afternoon. They both have covid...one started getting sick 5 days ago, the other 3 days ago. Theyve both had 3 injections, and both are sick, but not badly sick.

I havnt taken any coronavirus injections, and am not interested in taking them. But id still rather try to avoid getting coronavirus if possible than just letting it happen. Im 34, 191cm, 102kg (but flabby, not lean), no underlying conditions (but very unfit) and have novice level strength (sets are 65kg press, 130kg squats, 105kg bench, and 178kg dl). I really dont want my training to get effected by covid...im not doing so well with it as it is (my lifts have plateaud, and im picking up niggling injuries from poor technique etc).

Do you think its worth staying somewhere else for a few nights until the housemates are better?

Thanks.
    Have you considered just getting it and not caring, but if you don't like your room mates, see how much fun you can have with them.

Print off every health direction and quote it at them non stop. Walk around with a ruler enforcing social distancing, make them sleep with a mask on. There's been so much shit put out by health authorities you're really only limited by your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by mangen View Post
    The CDC declared obesity an epidemic 20 years ago.

If OSHA would have required all obese (pick a definition) employees take a Fen-Phen regimen 20 years ago, Covid would not have killed anyone. Forced bariatric surgery? Bataan Death March revival camp? Twelve weeks of Crossfit and Keto? For the good of all humans, side effects will not be measured.

Maybe the obese could test out by performing a 2x BW deadlift or run a 7 minute mile?
    Considering that I qualify as "obese" by their standards, I don't think any of this is a good idea. Even when I first tried dieting a couple years ago and got to a fairly sickly looking appearance, guess what? I was still considered obese.

South African researchers say Omicron might mark end of Covid pandemic

Sonia Sotomayor should read this.

Had vaccines not been introduced, the pandemic would have ended a long time ago even with the refusal of the government of the U.S. to use early treatment including the deployment of ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine. As Dr. Robert Malone has stated, these being used would likely have spared 500k lives in the U.S.

To get context: about 600k troops, Union and Confederacy, died between 1861 and 1865. About 300k U.S. troops died between 1941 and 1945 fighting Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan. Yet in a period spanning less than 2 years, half a million died because highly inexpensive and extremely safe drugs couldn't be used.

For the record, the CDC stated that only a small fraction of Covid-19 deaths were DUE to Covid-19. Many who had the virus but perished due to another condition were given causes of death as "from Covid-19." But for example - a person who has HIV but is otherwise healthy, in good shape, eats right, exercises, and takes the drugs necessary to suppress HIV and suddenly dies from an auto accident does not die because of HIV/AIDS. With HIV, yes - but not due to HIV/AIDS. Yet that's what hospitals have done thousands and thousands of times, and there was money to be received for this mislabeling.

Florida, South Dakota, and Texas either never locked down or emerged from lockdowns way before other states. There has been no sudden surge in deaths. Sweden never once shut down; its fatality rates has never surpassed that of European states which did lock down.

This virus has a survival rate of 99.7% for the non-elderly; the seasonal flu was no less lethal, yet no country ever shut down due to it.

Anyone who has not yet watched Dr. Robert Malone's long interview with Joe Rogan must do it. I have watched about 1/3, but started over to take notes. It is so frustrating and infuriating. Fauci is a criminal of the order of a mass murderer.

I can't believe Sky News aired this...

NHS doctor tells Health Secretary he won't get jabbed - YouTube

"A Consultant Anaesthetist has told Sajid Javid that he will not get vaccinated against COVID and is unhappy at the mandatory requirement."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I can't believe Sky News aired this...

NHS doctor tells Health Secretary he won't get jabbed - YouTube

"A Consultant Anaesthetist has told Sajid Javid that he will not get vaccinated against COVID and is unhappy at the mandatory requirement."
    This is EXCELLENT! A doctor on the front line with enough balls to tell his truth - and THE truth. I’m sorry, Health Secretary Sajid Javid - your last quip by citing “vaccine experts” to try to demean the doctor’s front line experiences at the coal face - you arrogant, corrupt, cowardly cunt. Sorry for the profanity Rip, but Javid made my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmll View Post
    Rip,

What would u do in this situation...

My 2 housemates are returning from vacation this sunday afternoon. They both have covid...one started getting sick 5 days ago, the other 3 days ago. Theyve both had 3 injections, and both are sick, but not badly sick.

I havnt taken any coronavirus injections, and am not interested in taking them. But id still rather try to avoid getting coronavirus if possible than just letting it happen. Im 34, 191cm, 102kg (but flabby, not lean), no underlying conditions (but very unfit) and have novice level strength (sets are 65kg press, 130kg squats, 105kg bench, and 178kg dl). I really dont want my training to get effected by covid...im not doing so well with it as it is (my lifts have plateaud, and im picking up niggling injuries from poor technique etc).

Do you think its worth staying somewhere else for a few nights until the housemates are better?

Thanks.
    Do this every 4 hours:
    https://www.americaoutloud.com/dilut...t-of-covid-19/

Diluted iodine netipot + gargle.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    No one should be surprised to learn that the mother is a high school teacher.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    No one should be surprised to learn that the mother is a high school teacher.
    Home school, people. You don't want these idiots around your children.