starting strength gym
Page 1860 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 86013601760181018501858185918601861186218701910196023602860 ... LastLast
Results 18,591 to 18,600 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "Did they learn anything?"

Yes, in fact I think this was a moment of honest discussion and hopefully some awakening. We'll see if they figure it out before the military boot crashes their balls.

"Home school, people. You don't want these idiots around your children."
    No question about this from me. Home schooling or local moms and dads coordinating community schooling with like minded people.

We did this in a small town I lived in and thought it was great seeing everyone come together to help with the education of our children.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    @david Rowe, I still have a mostly dry cough and definitely do not feel 100%. I'm 90%. I want to cough shit out, but there's nothing really to cough out. Got a little bit of a stopped up nose too. I'm ready to feel 100% back to normal.....prob will go to CVS to be sure I don't have some infection.
    Well, bacterial infection following respiratory viruses is exceptionally common. Glad you're doing better. I have the same dry cough, and so does everyone I know recovering from the latest variant. I have a good line on a compounding pharmacy that makes some killer, non-addictive cough syrup. God bless small pharmacies.

Between the back injury and the COOF, I'm looking forward to restarting an NLP on Monday. I've lost a lot between the two, but it's nothing new. It's a lesson I learned from a unit member who didn't die in Afghanistan: build yourself up so life will just occasionally tear you down instead of kill you.

I wish I could share his story. It's amazing how hard strong, determined people are to kill.

Australia's Northern Territory chief minister Michael Gunner says unvaccinated people may not go to work or exercise outdoors.

Why aren't politicians ever assassinated anymore? The answer to this question has nothing to do with guns.

sword assasin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Australia's Northern Territory chief minister Michael Gunner says unvaccinated people may not go to work or exercise outdoors.

Why aren't politicians ever assassinated anymore? The answer to this question has nothing to do with guns.

sword assasin.jpg
    No big deal the NT is like Alaska, big space no people, so that only about 2 people that are unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    I shake my head when I hear you Texans complain about your politicians there. Yes they are far from perfect but I will trade my senator for yours anyday.
    I’ll send you Liz Warren and will happily take Ted Cruz. We have a deal? Send me Abbott and any one else you may want to get rid of.

Then again, I come from the home state of Ted Kennedy and Micheal Dukakis. There will never be a DeSantis here let alone Abbott.
    I don't live in Texas. I've actually never been there, ever. I pay attention to other states' federal politicians, because those people are still making decisions that affect my life, even if they don't "represent" me. The ones who do, at least in the senate, are pretty awful. My house rep seems pretty solid though.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I don't live in Texas. I've actually never been there, ever. I pay attention to other states' federal politicians, because those people are still making decisions that affect my life, even if they don't "represent" me. The ones who do, at least in the senate, are pretty awful. My house rep seems pretty solid though.
    You don't understand Texans, it is a state that has had many wars, every thing from the Fredoinan Revolution to the Texan Revolution. They seceded from the US in 1861 to be in the confederate states (they want to do it again), they have fought with just about everybody including the New Englanders.. They have had the French, the Spanish, the Mexicans involved in that territory way back. Texas history is a history of revolution. That is why you will never get a Texan to migrate to a place Like Australia, they just don't know how to be submit to a centralist government. My opinion is they should have never joined to union, that was their biggest mistake.

That is why if a say to any Texan, say Mark Rippetoe for example, "they are going to take your guns away!", it would like grabbing a dog by the ears. It is the most recalcitrant state in the union, however if I were to visit the US, which is unlikely, Texas is about the only place I would go to. Texan food is just about as good as you can get except they cannot make a sopapilla as good as the the New Mex folk, but their strudels are excellent due the the German influence from way back. I reckon I could probably find some relatives among the "German" folk there as grandma told me we are all square heads as great grandad was a German.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    This is actually REALLY good advice! Probably saved me a lot of troubles
    Hahahah yeah, I figured. Mind you, if you propose marriage straight away, you will still have a low chance, but it might fly. The rest of the Adriatic coast is easier in this regard, but the cost of living is the same or even higher than in Italy. For instance, you absolutely cannot find a place to rent on the Croatian coast under 1000 euro per month if you want year long accommodation. This is for a one bedroom or even a studio.

Does anyone have any insights as to to how the japanese are dealing with all things covid, ive heard snippets that they are far more pragmatic than the west, any forum members on the ground over there? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Nothing is destroyed dude, it was just a bit of bombing, which is quite normal here. Francesco's biggest problem in Albania will be that he can only look at the girls, not touch them. I'm serious, their families are kind of very protective.
    “Just a bit of bombing.”

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Hmm, update from holiday family gatherings. Apparently, everyone got sick except the unvaxxed.

Interesting...
    Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I have 6 relatives that caught the virus over the past month or so. Four of the six were vaccinated. Two of the unvaccinated relatives caught it from the vaccinated relatives.

Half of the people at work who have come down with the virus were vaccinated.

From what I've seen at work as well as the local Covid numbers......the numbers quadrupled since the previous December. How do the numbers quadruple when over 50% are vaccinated? Shouldn't the cases be cut in half from one one year to the next?