starting strength gym
Page 1870 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 87013701770182018601868186918701871187218801920197023702870 ... LastLast
Results 18,691 to 18,700 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    BioNTech/InstaDeep posted a paper about their new machine learning model, which predicts if a new variant's spike protein sequence is concerning. (Hundreds of new variants are generated every day). It produces 5 scores, pertaining to potential for immune escape or transmissibility, which are aggregated into a single "Pareto" score. The underlying scores are all independently validated against in-vitro assays, which suggests the methodology has some utility.

But, for what? The model is not proven to accurately predict if a new variant will be of concern. Rather, when it was run on data from Sep 2020 to Nov 2021, and forced to flag 20 sequences every day, it eventually flagged all the WHO's variants of concern (except for Delta), usually over a month in advance. So, it is useful tool to focus surveillance resources, but not to produce a dashboard of "these will be scary".

Also, the t-tests in Table S.5 don't really indicate that the score is useful. Only 13 variants, out of thousands, are designated as concerning. If most variants are obviously not concerning, getting a low p-value is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I agree with that sentiment though there certainly is a pandemic... a pandemic of irrational fear.
    This is called the midwit's life.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    However, it is unusual and a serious breach of protocol for a classified document to have no markings (interview with DARPA through the link says about the same) . Not sure where that applies to PV’s disclosure. But keep that in mind until this is verified.
    These things are tough to follow in YouTube montage style. I think they are claiming unclassified information is being “hidden” on classified systems. That could still be a problem and a major violation especially if there was intent to hide it. But it is very different than putting classified information out in the open. It is an important distinction.

Either way, there is a there there and I think Senator Rand knows or is very close.

However, it is unusual and a serious breach of protocol for a classified document to have no markings (interview with DARPA through the link says about the same) . Not sure where that applies to PV’s disclosure. But keep that in mind until this is verified.
    Perhaps a flat earth document. What is the penalty for misusing a federal agency logo?

"Lastly. I want to caution everyone who wants to leap to conclusions. Please do not. This could be anything; including disinformation.

We have time. Consider that this could be an elaborate plant. A trap if you will."

Eric Weinstein

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    They are just doing that now in Aus? Canada has been that way for months.
    Western Australia; we’re catching up with our Eastern States Comrades in the race to a new totalitarian order. Canada? I thought you guys were like that before the pandemic! Life in Trudeaupia…

Just imagine, if this person showed up for a job interview with you, would it even be possible to hold back the laughter from seeing those eyebrows and an absolute lack of any cognitive thought?

$6,000,000,000,000 - YouTube

Ya see, these people don't care about destroying the country in front of our eyes, they are laughing their asses off at us, all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    These things are tough to follow in YouTube montage style. I think they are claiming unclassified information is being “hidden” on classified systems. That could still be a problem and a major violation especially if there was intent to hide it. But it is very different than putting classified information out in the open. It is an important distinction.

Either way, there is a there there and I think Senator Rand knows or is very close.
    Even so, if unclassified, there's still a requirement to mark the pages as UNCLASSIFIED and portion mark the paragraphs.

On the other hand, it is possible that the documents came from an “open storage area”.

Barry, do class docs in an open storage (“open paper”) area require markings? Probably….
    Think diode. In a classified area all documents are assumed classified unless marked explicitly unclassified. Easy to get documents in, hard to get them out.

In an unclassified area ALL classified documents are prohibited, marked properly or not. Everything is assumed unclassified.

That’s as distilled as it gets and it works surprisingly well but you can imagine all the ways it can go wrong unintentionally or not.

Two common incidents occur from time to time. 1) an unclassified document, like grandpa’s old notebook, is discovered to be classified. This may or may not be an act of espionage or treason. 2) an unclassified document is kept exclusively in a classified area INTENTIONALLY to limit viewers. That might be prosecutable but not for treason or espionage. That’s covered by the freedom of information act.

Otherwise, most everything In a classified area, like a grocery list, is unclassified.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Do they have you in solitary confinement over there on Prison Island, wal?
    It is not that bad, three meals a day, a free shower once a week, keeps the in-laws away and I get to watch the paint peel.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I find it fascinating how often the number 6 followed by a bunch of zeros shows up in western propaganda.

--

Here's an interesting video on Japan's more reasonable approach to mandates and lockdowns, for anyone interested. I wish I lived in a real nation.