starting strength gym
Page 1875 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 87513751775182518651873187418751876187718851925197523752875 ... LastLast
Results 18,741 to 18,750 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Did you use the correct pronouns for that Jacinda creature?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    You wanna help solve this?
    Learn about and buy Bitcoin.
    As of now, it's the only hope we have to stop this bullshit fiat monetary system made by and for thieves.
    I've tried to understand Bitcoin, but I just don't get it. And what happens when they decide to shut down the internet when the masses become too restless?

I don't know. I used to think shiny metals were a safe store of assets, but those have proven to be heavily manipulated, and seizure has been done in the past. Houses/Land/Farms are maybe a safe bet until the incoming climate taxes force owners out.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Attachment 7974

A grizzled employee at our local Kroger says the shelfs are empty due to a lack of drivers. The problem is with the in-feeds to the Kroger warehouses, not between the warehouses and stores. The trucks between the warehouses and stores are about 75% full, because the warehouses are running low, because there are fewer drivers into the warehouses.
    We had this thing going on in the final years of communism in former Yugoslavia. People just stopped working, so they pretty much had to fake a war to restart everything. Plus they got about about 150k dead people, the governors always seem to like this. The economists and sociologists are still trying to explain everything in really learned terms thirty years on.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Couldn't help but roll my eyes at this when I read it earlier this morning. Denninger's mistake is believing these people are rational. They used to be, but no longer. For whatever reason, the last few years have them burning with religious fervor. Maybe they know the jig is up and are in panic mode. Maybe they feel it is time to fulfill an ancient duty to evil. I don't know the exact reasons, but I think it's pretty obvious they have chosen to eat the seed corn. On the bright side, maybe they will slit their own throats in a suicide ritual and we'll all be better off for it. Perhaps a new crop of rational elite in China and Russia will take their place and fleece the globe in a much less destructive manner.
    Denninger is all right, he just needs to make the final step and admit that there was never any virus and they he went on a wild goose chase. Once he figures this out, all the pieces will line up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are merely posturing here.
    No, if I was posturing I would have been much stronger than acknowledging that I don't know what those agreed things actually are and then saying it could be taken to mean something he didn't mean.

IMO, posturing would be to actually falsely assume what he agrees and impugn his statements on that basis. I have not even asked him to be specific to create a debate on potential merits of parts of nazism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    I have no idea what the ‘few things’ you could agree with Nazis on actually are. I would just like to point out that your statement could be taken to mean something wildly dangerous that you may not have meant.
    The ambiguity is intentional. Walking on egg shells is what gives these thought control spells their power.

Split decision by the USSC on OSHA and CMS mandates. Pro-stay on OSHA, pro-mandate on CMS. Faulty reasoning in the latter about the vex in the latter. The vex will "substantially reduce the likelihood that health care workers will contract the virus and transmit it to their patients". Roberts and Kavanaugh joined Breyer, Kagan, Soto for a 5-4 majority in favor of the mandate. There is obvious narrow competence.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Attachment 7974

A grizzled employee at our local Kroger says the shelfs are empty due to a lack of drivers. The problem is with the in-feeds to the Kroger warehouses, not between the warehouses and stores. The trucks between the warehouses and stores are about 75% full, because the warehouses are running low, because there are fewer drivers into the warehouses.
    My FIL is a truck driver. According to him there is no shortage of drivers. The issue is that there are large trucking companies and then there are owner operators. Owner operators have to operate like any business, they won’t take loads if they have to sit around and wait for extended periods or they cannot get return loads. They don’t get paid during those times. The large trucking companies have operating practices that most owner operators don’t want to deal with (have to partner up so the truck is always moving, less pay, less independence, mandate bull shit, etc).

SCOTUS decision on the vaccine Brandate: Link to supremecourt.gov LINK

The bottom line:

"OSHA’s COVID–19 Vaccination and Testing; Emergency Temporary Standard, 86 Fed. Reg. 61402, is stayed pending disposition of the applicants’ petitions for review in the
    United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and disposition of the applicants’ petitions for writs of certiorari, if such writs are timely sought. Should the petitions for
    writs of certiorari be denied, this order shall terminate automatically. In the event the petitions for writs of certiorari are granted, the order shall terminate upon the sending down of the judgment of this Court.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Memes are fundamental to psychological control. They always have been. We used to call them spells, which is a label that points closer to the truth in the "sometimes fairy stories may say best what’s to be said" sense that C.S. Lewis described. It would be idiotic not to use them, so I don't know how their use proves anything about the intellect of the planners. But I think you're contradicting yourself. Is the plan beautiful or stupid?

The why is very simple. Complete biological and digital control of every human being on the planet, especially the ones who are immune to the spells. Some countries are more enthusiastic about the idea than others, and some would rather do it on their own terms. What Russia did seems like fulfilling an obligation to give it a try. "Oh well, that didn't work, but we tried, just like we promised". Australia is the teacher's pet who would rat out the entire class to get a + on his A.
    I agree with this. Not only is the why very simple, but the how is also very simple - and understanding the how shows the very huge cracks in the liberal's understanding of things. In the thread we've been paying attention to the way the masses have been reacting to the plandemic, and like Dr. Robert Malone said in his Rogan interview, it can be described as "Mass formation psychosis" or "mass hysteria".

From the leftist to the libertarian, liberalism always appeals to psychology, and mass psychology, to deal with things which it has difficulty with. If it sees an event or a behaviour in human nature which is beyond its liberal norms, liberals will always come up with some new psychological "ism", some new phobia, which will pathologize the problem and put it in a box so the liberal centre can contain it and move on.

We here on the board have no problem describing the actions of the New Left in this way, and their march through the institutions resulting in the "madness" of political correctness. The left treats ethnocentrism among Europeans in the same way - and it is uniquely pathologized among Europeans. Other ethnic groups are not treated the same way. Which is highly illiberal, when you think about it.

Look at the core ideas behind liberalism - that the individual is objective and rational, and they think and behave as an individual, and not get carried away along with the masses. My problem will this term "Mass formation psychosis" is the presumption that human beings behave like liberals say they do in the first place.

If you look at people who are genuine liberals, like Joe Rogan or Robert Malone, they try to explain away the "bizarre behaviour", from their perspective, of people over the last few years because it hasn't presented itself in liberal terms. Malone's description of "Mass formation psychosis" is a way to try to explain how compliant and obedient people are. He says the people are not behaving in a rational way, they are not looking at the data or evidence. In a similar way, the liberal will always return to the default of 1930's Germany to explain the same thing, as people here often do too.

Monroe described M.F.P as: "becomes decoupled from each other, and has a free-floating anxiety that things don't make sense... and then their attention gets focused by a leader or series of events, on one small point, just like hypnosis. They literally become hypnotized, and can be lead anywhere. They will follow that person. It doesn't matter if they lied to them, or whatever, and the data is irrelevant". The problem Monroe has here, is the people are not being rational, and not behaving as individuals - which contradicts the baseline liberal assumption about how people are. More and more, it's as if the liberal description of people doesn't work so they have to invent new psychological terms to describe how people work and to explain away the flaws in their ideaology.

By this logic, you could look at history and point to, for example, organized religion and the liberal would describe that as "Mass formation psychosis". Is it the case that almost all of human history has been something like "Mass formation psychosis" or something like a psychological ailment/hysteria? All of the people who behaved as a group throughout history? All of religion? All of the people who believed and followed the church? Built our civilisation? In that way, it's easy to see why, over the centuries, liberalism has launched endless attacks on Christianity and belief in Europe.

Many of you level it at German in the 1930's as the prime example of "Mass formation psychosis", but you could literally treat anything in the same way. Look at both World Wars, where multiple countries were at war with each other. So was the British soldier in the First World War, carried by patriotic fervour and objectively NOT behaving as a rational individual, also ailed by "Mass formation psychosis"? And was he more or less afflicted by this illness than the German soldier, for example? Which one of them was behaving more rationally in his involvement? The same goes for the Russian population who came out to cry and mourn Stalin upon hearing the man had died.

The masses will go just along and do what they're told. People respond to and obey authority and power. How much of the mass actually thinks for themselves and have some understanding of facts and evidence? 10%? After recent events, I'd say that's being generous. I was talking to a woman in my local shop, and her face was hidden behind a mask as it has been for the last 2 years, and I realised I was starting to forget what she actually looked like. I realised, instead of getting annoyed and her, or internally mocking her for some kind of mental weakness - this is the human norm. A lady who obeys authority and power. She's not mentally ill, and she and billions of people like her disprove the liberal assumptions about human behaviour.

Liberalism plays this deceitful game, across the board, where the real situation is hidden behind a curtain: where politicians pretend to be your servants, when they are just dictators really. There's nothing like "democracy" and policy clearly does not happen from the bottom-up. People do not decide based on their own "rationalism" and "reason" and by looking at the "facts"... and when they cast a vote, you certainly can't describe political power as wafting upwards to this elected body who just do what they're told by the populace. Even after 2 years of this shit, the liberal mind STILL refuses to confront the cold, hard reality and the normal human condition and they continue to slap special stickers on things which then enables the liberal centre to explain things which have taken place throughout history and which aren't actually very liberal at all. The problem is, that is the norm of humans, and not liberalism itself.

"Feelings don't care about your facts" is absolutely true. The man on the television is believed over your high IQ stats and graphs and clinical study data because he represents authority, he represents an institution, and a legitimate power source which they look up to. Anything he says, simply because of his position, voids any clever facts you can come up with. Until liberals get to grips with this harsh reality that power is top-down, they are doomed to impotently come up with psychological theories as to why people are obeying authority and obeying power, and that has always and will always be the case. It's a standard part of the human condition throughout history.

Meanwhile the leftist shitlib becomes the real authority's enforcers, and punches-down, and bullies and harasses - and the real authority is more than happy for them to take on this role and do their bidding. Meanwhile, the biggest loser in history, the liberally minded conservative, sits there and happily gets the shit kicked out of him for eternity until everything he claims to cherish is gone, all the while maintaining he is "correct".

It’s amazing this thread has gone on for so long. Even more so that so, so many truths were expressed very early on (IFR, co-morbidity, PCR Ct, IV/HCQ, etc.). Now proven to have been true all along (or at least entering the public discourse as true.) We’ve had “doctors” and “scientists” on this thread who IMO, as casual lifters who found this site, subtly exposed their bias towards the “meatheads” that are here as dumb, possibly uneducated lifters. They couldn’t possibly understand like *they* do.

That arrogance blinded them to the possibility that there are published scientists and people with world views/experiences who are able to see things differently and question the media masses. And almost every scientific counter argument to the narrative has held up. Whodda thunk?

Yet here we are in the grand scheme - and I feel like we’re only half way there.

This is what concerns me.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Meanwhile, the biggest loser in history, the liberally minded conservative, sits there and happily gets the shit kicked out of him for eternity until everything he claims to cherish is gone, all the while maintaining he is "correct".
    This is exactly right. This perfectly articulates a general notion I've held for years, which is that the libertarian (the classically liberal conservative) is the weakest position to hold. They expect reciprocity and disengage when it's not given (instead they should be demanding it via imposing costs if not given). Leftists are not interested in a fair fight. The libertarian may appeal to reason, logic, and a strong argument in favor of their cause. Leftists will simply burn the city down until the costs of dealing with them are too high, and they're given in to. You're never going to win over a pitchfork-wielding mob with a lecture and an infographic. You're only going to win by making the costs of forming the mob too high to withstand.