starting strength gym
Page 1878 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 87813781778182818681876187718781879188018881928197823782878 ... LastLast
Results 18,771 to 18,780 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Needs help, but she's not high. Tell her I'll train her.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You don't understand Texans...
    ...Texas history is a history of revolution. That is why you will never get a Texan to migrate to a place Like Australia...
    You've definitely never been to Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Does anyone have any insights as to to how the japanese are dealing with all things covid, ive heard snippets that they are far more pragmatic than the west, any forum members on the ground over there? just curious.

I have family there. You have to wear a mask everywhere and they even have plastic dividers at dining tables. Not between, I mean like at the table you are sitting at across from your daughter at a restaurant. We can't visit. Only business travel exceptions for foreigners to enter. They are in the Tokyo area, so maybe things are looser elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    --

This is a fascinating report from inside a trendy tech company. I work at a far more conservative corporation, and even we have been seeing saplings of the full grown trees he's describing.
    That would be a lot better if he named the company.

This is why I'm not as concerned as I could be about woke companies.

It reminds me a lot of the Soviet union, from what I can tell, not having been alive in it, it was a huge threat untill it collapsed overnight. And it was revealed to be completely hollow inside, and the CIA were taken completely by surprise.

This part here:

"Record profits at the top, because of existing code and product-market fit cruising along, so leaders don't notice."

is telling. Profits and growth can cover a lot of cracks, but if Google had a quarterly report where users went backwards for whatever reason, it would instantly shift the equation and almost certainly cascade. Google can't last forever, it will go quickly, like Enron, or quietly, like the East india trading company. My moneys on the former. And no-one will be able to predict the small event that causes the collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    I have family there. You have to wear a mask everywhere and they even have plastic dividers at dining tables. Not between, I mean like at the table you are sitting at across from your daughter at a restaurant. We can't visit. Only business travel exceptions for foreigners to enter. They are in the Tokyo area, so maybe things are looser elsewhere.
    Pragmatism at its best! It was enough to see snippets of the Olympic Games to see how neurotic everything in Japan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    That would be a lot better if he named the company.

This is why I'm not as concerned as I could be about woke companies.

Agreed. Additionally, many “woke” companies have become woke because they think that is good marketing. Others are woke at gun point. A few are woke because of how they feel.

I used to point out that defense contractors are notorious for embellishing national security threats, so why wouldn’t green companies embellish too? These analogies never got much attention. I would like to think that profiteering (and failure) is always the litmus test in the same way life insurance is.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Did you use the correct pronouns for that Jacinda creature?

I've tried to understand Bitcoin, but I just don't get it. And what happens when they decide to shut down the internet when the masses become too restless?

I don't know. I used to think shiny metals were a safe store of assets, but those have proven to be heavily manipulated, and seizure has been done in the past. Houses/Land/Farms are maybe a safe bet until the incoming climate taxes force owners out.
    Bitcoin is government-proof, no one can steal it from you unless you don't know how to store it correctly. You can memorize your private key or mnemonic password to your wallet, and the only way to know it would be to torture you until you say it.
    No mandate can force you to give away your Bitcoin.
    You would know if you studied it. Try watching Andreas Antonopolous videos on youtube, I've posted some of his stuff on this thread too.

No one is "shutting down the internet".
    But if it were to happen, money and Bitcoin would be the least of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    The government will always demand payment of taxes in dollars or some currency they have at least some control over. For the foreseeable future, that means dollars. Also, in spite of massive devaluation, the market strongly prefers dollars over anything else.
    You could have ended the sentence at "The government will always demand".
    Until we all have actual ownership of private property and money, the government can take away everything you have, or at least have an excuse to do so.
    Eliminate central banks, eliminate governments, regulations, even private banks, anyone would have a bank in their pocket, especially the BILLIONS of people who are unbanked or live with hyperinflationary currencies. Try and ask a venezuelan what they think about Bitcoin.
    The dollar or the euro are no different, it will all go to shit because that's how the system is designed. And that's why the richest people in the world own a lot of things except dollars. They're starting to buy bitcoins too, even though they won't admit it.
    The ship is slowly sinking.
    Bitcoin solves it all. The network just turned 13 years old and no one has been able to stop it yet, and there's been quite a few tries. It keeps growing, improving and working. It's just like the internet, but even more censorship resistant. It'll take some time but as of now it is the only hope out of this suicidal and evil financial system.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Does anyone have any insights as to to how the japanese are dealing with all things covid, ive heard snippets that they are far more pragmatic than the west, any forum members on the ground over there? just curious.
    I am in Tokyo.
    Depends what you call pragmatism? Everyone masks in public, the end.
    I saw Ivermectin mentioned somewhere here as having basically ended Covid here, there is absolutely nothing I have heard or seen to suggest that is the case. It is masks and vaccines all the way here.
    Foreign visitors are shut out nearly completely, thus the current wave was started off around US military bases who don't have restrictions and basically do their own thing - rendering the strict quarantine measures for everyone else pretty much pointless.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakai View Post

Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I have 6 relatives that caught the virus over the past month or so. Four of the six were vaccinated. Two of the unvaccinated relatives caught it from the vaccinated relatives.

Half of the people at work who have come down with the virus were vaccinated.

From what I've seen at work as well as the local Covid numbers......the numbers quadrupled since the previous December. How do the numbers quadruple when over 50% are vaccinated? Shouldn't the cases be cut in half from one one year to the next?
    These are excellent questions, new guy. Makes you wonder about some stuff. But did it make them wonder?
    The vaccinated believe that the vaccine prevented them from serious illness, as they were told by the media. Were the unvaccinated sicker or out of work longer? Nope, unless they had other preexisting conditions.

If my memory serves me correctly, when the vaccines were launched, the story was that they would 95% effective against contracting the virus and prevent the spread of the virus.