starting strength gym
Page 1881 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 88113811781183118711879188018811882188318911931198123812881 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,810 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The counterpoint at end of the article snarked that Rogan doesn’t have overseas bureaus. The Economist probably has the most, yet it does not broaden their thinking. Dropped my subscription recently. (Triggered by a price increase. Couldn’t stomach it. )

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    And? You can't "outlaw" bitcoin transactions.
    China’s mining share went from 75% to 0%. Transactions are probably also at 0%. They interdict the Bitcoin protocol much like other internet communication.

it's very very expensive and time consuming for a government, even China, to search through transactions and link them to a single person. If it could have been done, they would have done it already.
    This is false, and is the motivation for confidential cryptocurrencies built on polynomial commitment, etc.

I am optimistic about cryptocurrencies, but you aren’t realistic about their stature relative to the government’s monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Yeah, that's what i was wanting to understand, i got called out by "friends" when i suggested ivermectin was being used in Japan reducing covid impact. If its not, still think there is a gap somewhere though as cases are so much lower than elsewhere. Something different must be going on?
    The Pacific region has got cross immunity and people are not as fat.

Don't live in California.
    No shit. Unfortunately they are currently invading Texas. The number of California license plates recently in the Austin area has me very concerned. (Thanks Tesla, Apple, Oracle, etc.) I want to hope they are fleeing the Peoples Republic of California...
    I mean the city is mostly fucked already, but at least the populace voted to overrule the city council on allowing hobo encampments everywhere. I thought that was a step in the right direction. (PS. I'm the dumb fuck who opened a business here... a mistake I won't repeat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    No shit. Unfortunately they are currently invading Texas. The number of California license plates recently in the Austin area has me very concerned. (Thanks Tesla, Apple, Oracle, etc.) I want to hope they are fleeing the Peoples Republic of California...
    I mean the city is mostly fucked already, but at least the populace voted to overrule the city council on allowing hobo encampments everywhere. I thought that was a step in the right direction. (PS. I'm the dumb fuck who opened a business here... a mistake I won't repeat.)
    I just got back from Houston this weekend. There were a disturbing number of out-of-state plates on the highway. I hope these people are thinking clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by jintyo View Post
    Today we are at 25K cases, 6 dead in the country. In Tokyo there are 4,561 cases and 1 death, 1239 people in hospital which is apparently 16.6% of available hospital beds.
    Amazing. The population of the country is 125,360,000. The population of Tokyo is 14 million. And 6 people are dead. More people died of pufferfish poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    The counterpoint at end of the article snarked that Rogan doesn’t have overseas bureaus. The Economist probably has the most, yet it does not broaden their thinking. Dropped my subscription recently. (Triggered by a price increase. Couldn’t stomach it. )
    Why would you pay money for that bad MI6/City of London outfit, just follow Jeff Snider: https://alhambrapartners.com/author/jsnider/

I just got back from Houston this weekend. There were a disturbing number of out-of-state plates on the highway. I hope these people are thinking clearly.
    Never forget that Californians voted for both prop 187 and prop 8. But what does it matter when a judge can pull down his pants and take a steaming shit on the will of the voters? If 187 had been implemented, California might be bluer than Texas right now. I am convinced that pure, direct democracy would be better than the shit show we have to deal with in this decaying republic. Even mob rule is better than rule by a hostile elite.

So exciting! When will Starting Strength start selling these at the gyms?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Why would you pay money for that bad MI6/City of London outfit, just follow Jeff Snider: https://alhambrapartners.com/author/jsnider/
    It all started in grad school. I was auditing the late Dr. Hecht Nielsen's class Neural Computing. Part of it was business-oriented. He required students to read each week's Economist cover-to-cover. It was meant to broaden our minds, to help us design a business model that would fit into the larger economy. He knew a monk on Mt. Athos, and from their conversations, said they faced very similar economic challenges as found in the rest of the world. If the monks couldn't insulate themselves from economics, then neither could we engineers in our ivory towers. I am grateful to him for that, and am sad that the Economist is a socially leftist rag. I don't know when that started. (Dr. Nielsen was a blast. Towering and wide like a football player. Would pop a Diet Rite at the beginning of every class. Was a polymath who had an interest in everything, and many abilities to match.)

Move to Indiana with Andrew.