starting strength gym
Page 1889 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 88913891789183918791887188818891890189118991939198923892889 ... LastLast
Results 18,881 to 18,890 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Does anybody know of a Duckduckgo style alternative to searching for scholarly sources? I am growing tired of the "google scholar effect".

Again, google scholar search for "ivermectin and covid19" is showing cherry picked studies of low confidence. Top 3 results:

Inconclusive/No Benefit:
    Cochrane Library

"Immediate randomized controlled trials needed" (even though we already have 30 + as summarized by this regularly updated meta-analysis: Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 75 studies ): Ivermectin and COVID-19: Keeping Rigor in Times of Urgency

Approved Dose not enough, RCT needed (again, even though we have a substantial number of them):
    Just a moment...

And dear God let us not forget "Dr." Temple's "Study": https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2114907

Some of "Dr. Temple's" wonderfully accurate analysis:
    "These cases illustrate the potential toxic effects of ivermectin, including severe episodes of confusion, ataxia, seizures, and hypotension, and the increasing frequency of inappropriate use."
    Give Scinapse a try - https://www.scinapse.io/

Does anybody know of a Duckduckgo style alternative to searching for scholarly sources? I am growing tired of the "google scholar effect".

Again, google scholar search for "ivermectin and covid19" is showing cherry picked studies of low confidence. Top 3 results:

Inconclusive/No Benefit:
    Cochrane Library

"Immediate randomized controlled trials needed" (even though we already have 30 + as summarized by this regularly updated meta-analysis: Ivermectin for COVID-19: real-time meta analysis of 75 studies ): Ivermectin and COVID-19: Keeping Rigor in Times of Urgency

Approved Dose not enough, RCT needed (again, even though we have a substantial number of them):
    Just a moment...

And dear God let us not forget "Dr." Temple's "Study": https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2114907

Some of "Dr. Temple's" wonderfully accurate analysis:
    "These cases illustrate the potential toxic effects of ivermectin, including severe episodes of confusion, ataxia, seizures, and hypotension, and the increasing frequency of inappropriate use."
    Might get some hits in researchgate.com.

England did a 180 and ended ALL restrictions, mandatory vaccine passports, and facemask wearing:

Covid: Face mask rules and Covid passes to end in England - BBC News

Thoughts?
    I guess BoJo got tired of being laughed at. Ridicule is our most powerful weapon. What will Australia do now?

In case anyone missed it (I did), Fauci has a painting of himself hanging in his office. I bet you he calls it "The Science".

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    It's a good question. I think the answer is you can, but not as effectively. And it becomes less effective the more different the people are. At peak diversity, I think tyranny becomes the only tool capable of keeping things cobbled together, except maybe during periods of overabundance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I think you are on to something. I really do. It's why the smart Scot interested in longevity insulates himself from situations that may demand a response. True friends don't take red-headed friends to protests, for example. Bad idea.
    I only found one physical copy for $300. Since we're told to not read it, I will eventually find a copy.
    BTW, you are sitting on a bad post count; post again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Not a hard copy, pdf of the first 2 books. I assume the remaining hard copies just got more valuable.
    He should have used a bulldozer, tradition and all that.
    It does appear there are now a lot more people interested in his book.
    If I am remembering the sequence of events correctly, the police waited for several days to publicly identify Mcleod, then within a span of about 3 hours, his books and the majority of content related to him was pulled from across a very large swath of the internet. The censoring looks to have been coordinated at some level (Even if that level was hordes of collectivists demanding he be removed from history)

A killdozer is ineffective. None of our despots are afraid of a killdozer.
    You can't replace a world-view with a void.
    This man was about ideas. He was about starting a new movement.
    Those are things that terrify our despots; replacing their vision of the world with a new vision, replacing their tenuous grasp on power with a new power.

In his podcasts, he described his books as a "virus of the mind".
    If America makes it out of this or at least puts up a good resistance, this man will be remembered.
    He is the first intelligent, articulate, charismatic individual to describe a new movement that is a rejection of the current paradigms.
    It is a movement based in biological realism, objective Truth, technology, decentralization, independence, individualism, nature and people.
    "Biology trumps politics every time."

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    In case anyone missed it (I did), Fauci has a painting of himself hanging in his office. I bet you he calls it "The Science".
    Got me excited there for a sec. Thought it was a painting of him hanging not a painting that was hung. I like the first thought better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    This is miles better even on the first search. Thanks!

England did a 180 and ended ALL restrictions, mandatory vaccine passports, and facemask wearing:

Covid: Face mask rules and Covid passes to end in England - BBC News

Thoughts?
    Mostly a political move.

Vex mandate for front-line health care workers maintained because “they know they work”.

starting strength coach development program
    Am I the only one oddly disquieted by the sweeping cancelations of mandates and vaccine passes at virtually the same time? After two years, it seems odd that those in power would flop over now in the middle of the season with a subtropical second follow-on season later in the year.

Australia and Florida are the only normal things going on right now. I stand by my previous statement: lamest Apocalypse ever.