starting strength gym
Page 1890 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 89013901790184018801888188918901891189219001940199023902890 ... LastLast
Results 18,891 to 18,900 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Big white pill today: my mother, who has been absolutely insane over the past two years, told me this morning that "she'd just rather get it and get it over with" and "she's sick of all this nonsense."

I think when we all got it in my house, but not because of anything I or my wife did, she got snapped out of the spell. Let's see where this goes.
    The panic mongering always had an expiry date, we are coming up on it. It simply takes too much energy for exceedingly little gain, so everyone is moving to the stage where they will pretend nothing ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Before they disappeared from commercials, white men had devolved into dumb, blubbering idiots constantly being humiliated by their wives and children. So maybe this exit is for the best.

Search for a compilation of 1980s commercials. It almost feels shocking to see white men and families treated with dignity and respect.
    This is true, however corporations will always do this. Appeal to the 20-34 year olds. This group is always changing, likes/dislikes, hobbies and interest. I like Nike clothes, they fit well, last forever, and are very comfortable. There are things Nike does I don’t agree with, but I do agree with how their clothes fit. I cannot be a neurotic perfectionist when it comes to this. I will call out their hypocrisy and hope they change, but the people at these companies probably know more about this stuff… I mean they are all woke now, even Carhartt. I imagine if we have a Sci-fi revolution, Nike will come out with moon shoes and some fresh alien kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I guess BoJo got tired of being laughed at. Ridicule is our most powerful weapon. What will Australia do now?
    These folks HATE public humiliation. This is why they change on a dime, any uncomfortable feelings and they switch. Kamala Harris does it within minutes… she is absolutely fantastic to watch if you enjoy psychology.

Freedom of Information Act UK, today:

Freedom of information revelation - YouTube

What do you think about this Rip?

Anyone know what the bullshit to truth ratio is on this? From Anonymous Conservative:

Way back in college, everybody learned about bacteriophages. These were very basic viruses which infected bacterial cells, but not humans. IIRC, in the fifties, the US was very interested in them for obvious reasons. If you had a bacterial illness, you dropped a few phage particles on the infection, they infected the bacteria, and rapidly went where they were, and killed them off. Even if it didn’t kill the infection entirely, it could weaken it’s reproductive rate to the point other bacteria could take over its niche and crowd it out through competitive exclusion, or an immune system overwhelmed by a flood of quickly reproducing cells could catch up once the reproductive rate dropped, and purge the rest of it successfully. Around the fifties/sixties, it was said the US and Russia were both doing the same research, but then we split, with the US heading exclusively to antibiotics, while Russia kept up its phage research. To this day, over the counter in Russia you can purchase a dizzying array of different phage preps, all custom tailored to one harmful bacterial species or another, often mixed. When I learned all about this, Russia was still some backward quasi-dictatorship, and the US was this loyal bastion of freedom, and I assumed the reasons for abandoning phage research must have been reasons that I would have made the same decision. But no, it was all profit. Phages are like a disease for a disease. If you have a problematic Staphylococcal, or streptococcal in the population, and somebody goes to a doctor and gets a phage, they are infecting their disease. That infection of the disease can spread, and infect other people’s diseases. In a hospital, the phage can end up on surfaces where you would pick up the disease, which means as you pick up the disease you pick up the cure, and never even know you had the disease. And the phages will adapt as the bacteria adapts, producing a self-upgrading cure. And, since many people probably have these bad bacteria in their GI tracts in small quantities, and experience a minor degradation of health from that minor population, a disease of those bacteria that spread person to person could improve overall health and vitality of much of the entire population. But Big-Pharma wouldn’t get paid that way. They chose antibiotics. If they give you antibiotics, it may kill the bacteria in you, but it will never spread to another person’s infection. And if you get rid of the bacteria, and go home, your pillow may have bacterial cells on it which will re-infect you when your mouth touches it as you sleep. Your pets, your toothbrush, your water bottle, can all serve as vectors to reinfect you with the bacteria again, once you are off the antibiotics, and then maybe the infection can pick up where it left off. And over time, the bacteria can adapt to the static antibiotic (vs an evolving phage), necessitating a newer, more expensive antibiotic be researched and produced. We only chose antibiotics because they are a cash cow that never stops giving milk. I am just struck by how, one, because I didn’t know it existed, I was always making excuses for why Cabal did things I knew deep down were not the right decision, and two, the Evil Empire that was Russia, was making decisions regardless of profit, which were actually the best decision for their population, if not the most self-enriching. It is almost like we were getting lied to about Russia. The sad thing is, what phages we would have, if for the last half century our scientists had been diligently adapting them to the various bacterial diseases we face.

Bombshell: CDC Admits Natural Immunity Superior to Vaccinated Immunity Alone at Preventing Covid Hospitalizations & Deaths - Becker News

The CDC release and the state-level data both indicate that natural immunity has been a powerful defense against Covid-19. Two years into the pandemic, it has taken until now for the public health agency to admit it.

It’s even worse than that, however, as the data show. The vaccines are only of marginal utility, at best, to those who have had prior infections to SARS-CoV-2. And as recent studies show, even though the vaccines and as many as two “booster shots” fail to stop the spread and infections, Omicron appears to confer natural immunity to other variants, such as Delta.

“Previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 has shown to induce effective immunity and protection against reinfections in most individuals,” the European Journal of Immunology study said.

Nonetheless, the mainstream media have repeatedly tried to convince the American people that natural immunity is either a myth or is ineffective against Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Freedom of Information Act UK, today:

Freedom of information revelation - YouTube

What do you think about this Rip?
    We've been talking about this for two years. Campbell's kinda useless.

Dan Crenshaw is a worthless piece of shit.

It's a good question. I think the answer is you can, but not as effectively. And it becomes less effective the more different the people are. At peak diversity, I think tyranny becomes the only tool capable of keeping things cobbled together, except maybe during periods of overabundance.

Both Anti and Yngvi have pretty good analytical hot takes here. Thanks!!

Anyone know what the bullshit to truth ratio is on this? From Anonymous Conservative:
    I don’t have a lot of time right now but this was entertaining mostly untrue. Phages were/are commonly used in recombinant molecular biology but the idea of them being a therapeutic is quite a stretch (I.e. not true)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We've been talking about this for two years. Campbell's kinda useless.
    Not useless, but harmful, I think most of his viewers are constantly psychotic about some kind of disease.

starting strength coach development program
    And don't miss this, as everyone seems to have done: Biden just signed a law that will require kill switches in all new cars that monitor you and "allow police or other government authorities to access it whenever" | Not the Bee

A piece of legislation that was quietly included in the infrastructure bill signed by Biden would give the U.S. government access to a ‘kill switch’ linked to law enforcement in all new vehicles from 2026
    Another boost for the used car market. I'm selling my 2005 Porsche 997, if anybody is interested.