starting strength gym
Page 1891 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 89113911791184118811889189018911892189319011941199123912891 ... LastLast
Results 18,901 to 18,910 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigredbull View Post
    Freedom of Information Act UK, today:

Freedom of information revelation - YouTube
    Notice that Campbell has taken down the big sign that promotes masks and vaccines that he normally has on the back left of the screen.
    I wonder if this is a coincidence or maybe he has been influenced by some people he has interviewed such as Tess Lawrey.

And there may be a relationship between the "vaccine" and shingles cases: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jocd.14521

Would you be surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The panic mongering always had an expiry date, we are coming up on it. It simply takes too much energy for exceedingly little gain, so everyone is moving to the stage where they will pretend nothing ever happened.
    Not in Phisrael!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And don't miss this, as everyone seems to have done: Biden just signed a law that will require kill switches in all new cars that monitor you and "allow police or other government authorities to access it whenever" | Not the Bee

Another boost for the used car market. I'm selling my 2005 Porsche 997, if anybody is interested.
    Carroll doctrine, pre-existing feature at purchase and precedent in the market set by OnStar. I've already seen one vehicle theft notification with follow-on engine shutoff due to pursuit.

They managed to total it, anyway but hey... there was an attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I don’t have a lot of time right now but this was entertaining mostly untrue. Phages were/are commonly used in recombinant molecular biology but the idea of them being a therapeutic is quite a stretch (I.e. not true)
    Ok a bit more time at hand. Yes, there was/is some research into the efficacy of bacteriophages but it is largely not a substitute for antibiotics. There have been some interesting results in mice and at least a couple of cases of intriguing efficacy in humans, but to my knowledge this has not panned out.

As much as I hate what pharmaceutical companies have become, I do not believe the turning away from phages is due to greed. When I was at a large pharmaceutical company, I worked extensively on finding alternatives to antibiotics and it is really, really difficult. Antibiotics work almost every time even though there are issues there (resistance). This is why we use them and not phages. I do remember there being interest in phages, but it was was not regarded as workable. Granted, I am not longer active in R&D and in the lab, so if there is new data on using Phages in humans for therapeutic purposes, I am unaware of it.

Note, IMO most scientists working in biotech/pharma do so earnestly to pursue their passion and add to the betterment of research. I also highly support new technologies from biotech/pharma that can possibly open new doors. For example, I support the research of mRNA and its potential use in therapeutics, thought I am patently against the current, untested, unvetted use of it in "vaccines" today (especially for use in a disease that poses little to no threat to all but a select group.)

And there may be a relationship between the "vaccine" and shingles cases: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jocd.14521

Would you be surprised?
    I think this could be just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Soto could still be in her chambers because Gorsuch is not wearing a mask. Independent of requests by and to anyone.
    For the record, no requests were made. Both Sotomayor and Gorsuch denied allegations from NPR's story, as did Roberts. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Anyone know what the bullshit to truth ratio is on this? From Anonymous Conservative:
    There are active (and past) NIH requests for applications centered around understanding phage biology to support the development of bacteriophage therapy and a few outstanding groups currently conducting such research in the USA.
    Many preclinical applications have been rather promising, but in vivo trials have uncovered poorly understood phage resistance mechanisms that quickly result in the growth of bacteria that evolve phage resistance. i.e. phage-mediated killing has yet to be rapid and complete enough in 'real-world' settings to have clinical benefit.
    The USSR did indeed pursue this line of research much more avidly pre-1990 than did American scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Am I the only one oddly disquieted by the sweeping cancelations of mandates and vaccine passes at virtually the same time? After two years, it seems odd that those in power would flop over now in the middle of the season with a subtropical second follow-on season later in the year.

Australia and Florida are the only normal things going on right now. I stand by my previous statement: lamest Apocalypse ever.
    I am skeptical of everything at this point. Part of me is expecting that this is some psychological ploy to get hopes up and the pull the rug out from under everyone to break them.

Covid-19 vaccines and treatments: we must have raw data, now | The BMJ

Finally a journal wants the data. Better late than never I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Not in Phisrael!!!
    I actually expect the junta to start playing dumb before most others.

starting strength coach development program
    I guess BoJo got tired of being laughed at. Ridicule is our most powerful weapon. What will Australia do now?
    Anyone else believe that our opinions about all this matter even one bit to these people? As Mr. Rowe said, these sudden changes have been accompanied by a very creepy, disquieting feeling - it's like the collective feeling of disgust and fear at the realization that this was all orchestrated by people far, far higher up the food chain than our "elected leaders" in government who still somehow want us to believe that they are the ones calling the shots. We don't want to believe that, and we want to breathe a sigh of relief it's over. But is it?

Not to pick on you, Jovan, but you quite sensibly and rationally poo-poo'd a few comments about The Great Reset, and argued about the caricature-ish nature of Klaus Schwab and the irrelevance of the WEF and their proposals in real terms. However, everything they said they wanted has been made possible by the last two years, and is happening now.

Did any of you read BlackRock CEO Larry Fink's 2022 annual newsletter, titled "The Power of Capitalism"? It starts out straight-forward enough, and basically sounded like he was calling for people to stop worrying about shit and get back to capitalism... but read on, and the double-speak is apparent. He talks of the green, sustainable, equitable future and of the companies who will be left behind if they fail to get with the new paradigm of "decarbonizing" the world. Bearing in mind he starts off saying as saying he wants to take "politics" out of capitalism...!

Larry Fink's Annual 2022 Letter to CEOs | BlackRock

Larry Fink isn't just any CEO and BlackRock isn't just any company. They manage 7.5 TRILLION dollars worth of assets. In 2019-2020, they made a very close bond with the Federal Reserve. Larry Fink and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin made something like 60 telephone calls to each other. Remember when the Federal Reserve printed loads of money, and the gov gave those Trump-bucks to everybody, and the infrastructure bill of trillions and trillions of dollars? Well, in order to rebalance things after doing that, the Fed couldn't just deal in their normal government bonds. The portfolio of what the Fed is allowed to get involved with is restricted for obvious reasons. They're not supposed to deal with corporate bonds, but they can do gov bonds, etc. - but, of course these were extraordinary times. The "emergency" meant the brakes could come off, and BlackRock who (again, of their 7.5 TRILLION dollars worth of assets) own half the ETF's, were more than happy to help out. They control the ETF market.

BlackRock basically signed a contract with the Fed, and isn't this wonderful - BlackRock only charged the Fed a tiny $7m for their services and waived all their normal fees because they were helping the Fed out during a public health emergency. Now think about their relationship and what that entails. What this means is that BlackRock essentially controls the ETF markets, as they're doing such volume that they can make or break the entire market, and the Fed is reliant on them. Think about what a certain banker did at the end of the Napoleonic era, and how he forced the market due to the number of shares he held, and what we know about that particular person's family and their historic influence today.

So, this is where we are now. Schwab and the WEF and Bill Gates and all these creatures all signalled it openly. From sustainable, equitable societies to electric vehicles, to Beyond Meat and bug burgers, to nightmarish smart cities, to renting everything/owning nothing & being happy, to digital ID's and central bank digital currencies, it all comes from this consolidation of power by Big Capital. This isn't communism, like the dumb boomer-con right endlessly and fruitlessly complain about. This is a command economy. This is the elite allocating the capital, and the plebs will get what they get. End of story.

The plebs will be in a permanently submissive position relative to the services and goods available to them. We've seen a test-run of this over the last year of mask-wearing, where the customer is no longer king and instead business can lock YOU out for not wearing a mask and people simply go with it. BlackRock are so big now, and working with the Federal Reserve, that if these people now say "OK, People aren't going to drive combustion engine vehicles any more" it doesn't matter one fucking bit what the consumer actually wants or thinks about it. BlackRock & the Fed ARE the market.

The unprecedented dangers of the plandemic have allowed this to take place, right under the public's nose, and nobody is asking questions about it. If Western governments are suddenly doing a synchronized 180 on restrictions, it's not because we ridiculed them into submission or made them see the error of their ways. It's because this particular mission is complete. There's no longer any reason to pretend.

In Larry's newsletter, it isn't a prediction - he is broadcasting the power of the command economy, and he, like Schwab, is telling you exactly how they're going to do it. By cloaking everything in the language of creating a sustainable, equitable green future they will be able to change legislation and create markets for things that aren't just undesirable but are harmful to us. And people like Larry Fink, and Lloyds Bank (who are doing the same over here in Britain) don't care because they hate us, or rather they view us as mere units of production and consumption, and not people - which is the same thing as hatred. They don't care if people are priced out of the housing market and are forced to rent forever, and what that means for a normal family. On the other hand, they don't care about paying over 30% over the asking price for Texan residential real estate, and they know people can't say no to offers like that. This isn't over and it's only just getting started.

So I don't blame someone smart like Jovan for waving this sort of thing aside and rationally explaining why this doesn't sound like anything new. I don't blame people for being skeptical about it all, and when all these people, Fink, Schwab, Gates, etc. are all drawn together it starts to sound like a conspiracy theory. Especially when you consider all the really wild claims about the vaccine, kill-shots, microchips and nano-robots held in suspension in the syriges, etc. (which I think was a very deliberate muddying of the waters.) However, again, just look at what these people themselves are saying and doing. Larry Fink of BlackRock (7.5 TRILLION) has just told you the future is going to be all about sustainable technology and energy - and Bill Gates just happens to be the founder of "BreakThrough Energy".

The BlackRock Foundation Grants $100 Million to Breakthrough Energy’s Catalyst Program

From 2022 onwards, here and in Europe, something as simple as a wood-burning stove must now conform to certain "EcoDesign" standards - and campaigners and NGO's are already saying that's not enough, calling for the outright banning of burning wood for domestic heat in future. Not only will this force you to be tied into the system if you don't want to freeze to death, but consider for a moment if, in this green, sustainable future, you think they will let you eat beef, and allow the farming of cattle, when they have banned a wood burning stove because it's too polluting? It's also interesting how many countries called their COVID vaccine passport a "Green Pass". Like I say, this is just the beginning.