starting strength gym
Page 1892 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 89213921792184218821890189118921893189419021942199223922892 ... LastLast
Results 18,911 to 18,920 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Another boost for the used car market. I'm selling my 2005 Porsche 997, if anybody is interested.
    Sorry, don't drive Volks Wagens.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Not to pick on you, Jovan, but you quite sensibly and rationally poo-poo'd a few comments about The Great Reset, and argued about the caricature-ish nature of Klaus Schwab and the irrelevance of the WEF and their proposals in real terms. However, everything they said they wanted has been made possible by the last two years, and is happening now.
    Maybe I was unclear in my poo-pooing. I never meant to imply things would be rosy. I find it funny how you right wingers are so upset about the WEF and Bill Gates and bozos like that as messengers of some kind of impending doom. There is simply no need for a Great Reset, it already happened at a certain point in Mesopotamian history, say around Hammurabi or whatever, and we have had a dystopian one world government ever since, we don't need to fashion a new one. Why would we, it is obviously the same group of guys, pretending to be American and British and Chinese and Japanese. So the doom is already here, you are already being used and taxed and treated like a slave and stuff, Klaus Schwab and guys like that are simply a diversion that is making you look into the future instead of at what is going on at the present moment - the massive cull of old people, the massive inflationary theft and so on. So, no, none of this is "just" the beginning, there is always worse to come, but we are nowhere near the beginning, but right in the middle of it. But you seem hooked on the dark future meme, so go ahead, try to spread the paranoia as far as you can if it pleases you, I don't care.

Dr. Paul Marik | New Hampshire Ivermectin Bill

Dr. Paul Marik | New Hampshire Ivermectin Bill

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Am I the only one oddly disquieted by the sweeping cancelations of mandates and vaccine passes at virtually the same time?
    “Yeah, I was sitting here, eating my muffin and drinking my coffee and replaying the incident in my head when I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.”

- Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    “Yeah, I was sitting here, eating my muffin and drinking my coffee and replaying the incident in my head when I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.”

- Pulp Fiction
    It's going to be a seamless switch from the coof crisis to the climate crisis. Maybe throw in a war or two just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Maybe I was unclear in my poo-pooing. I never meant to imply things would be rosy. I find it funny how you right wingers are so upset about the WEF and Bill Gates and bozos like that as messengers of some kind of impending doom. There is simply no need for a Great Reset, it already happened at a certain point in Mesopotamian history, say around Hammurabi or whatever, and we have had a dystopian one world government ever since, we don't need to fashion a new one. Why would we, it is obviously the same group of guys, pretending to be American and British and Chinese and Japanese. So the doom is already here, you are already being used and taxed and treated like a slave and stuff, Klaus Schwab and guys like that are simply a diversion that is making you look into the future instead of at what is going on at the present moment - the massive cull of old people, the massive inflationary theft and so on. So, no, none of this is "just" the beginning, there is always worse to come, but we are nowhere near the beginning, but right in the middle of it. But you seem hooked on the dark future meme, so go ahead, try to spread the paranoia as far as you can if it pleases you, I don't care.
    I'd say we're certainly in the middle of "it," and heading downhill at break neck speed towards a cliff.

For anyone who's interested, this is my big post about this topic, and more:

The rise in mortality rates shows the true power of life insurance – Monegenix(R)

There is so much speculation about the solvency of the life insurance industry, fears over life insurers not paying claims, a dramatic rise in deaths and death claims. Here is some perspective on the issue, from the post:

"
    The 2021 Life Insurers Fact Book says it hasn't hurt balance sheets at all.

In 1960, total death benefits paid to beneficiaries was $3.3 billion. Death benefit payouts kept rising throughout the decades. In 2000, total death benefit payouts were $44.1 billion. In 2019, life insurers paid out $78.3 billion and in 2020, they paid $90.4 billion in death claims.

In 1960, the life insurance industry held policy reserves of $98.4 billion and capital and surplus funds of $9.6 billion. By 2019, that number was $5.7 trillion, with capital and surplus funds of $441 billion. In 2020, those figures increased to $6.1 trillion and $454 billion, respectively...

...The CDC's final report shows 3,383,729 deaths in the U.S. in 2020. Of those who died, 350,831 are reported as "COVID-19 deaths". The CDC also recorded 528,891 more deaths in 2020 than in 2019. Final numbers for 2021 are not available yet at the time of this writing...

... If true, then according to the government's own data, COVID deaths represent just 0.11% of the total U.S. population. Let's also assume Kirsch's idea of a 40% increase in mortality in the general population is true. He writes that it would mean 75,000 new excess deaths per quarter. Over the course of an entire year, that's 300,000 new excess deaths.
    Add that to the 2020 death count, and it puts us at 3,683,729. Kirsch assumes the 300,000 are not from COVID and are instead from some other new cause.

This means the hypothetical non-COVID/new cause of death represents about 0.09% of the total U.S. population. The combined COVID and hypothetical new non-COVID/some other cause of death is still only 0.20% of the total U.S. population.
    "

With trillions of dollars in cash reserves, hundreds of billions in *additional* surplus funds, and less than $100 billion in death claims, there is simply no crisis whatsoever in the life insurance business, and zero incentive for insurers to not pay a claim.

Looking at the death rate for the general population is also a (mostly) non-story.

Regardless of how you look at this, these are small numbers and small percentages of the total.

This should be good news for everyone, if it weren't for the fact that even conspiracy theorists need to pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I will absolutely accept the title of "paranoid right-winger" if you accept "fatalistic Eeyore". Would you have said the same to someone concerned (or acting "paranoid") about the "emergency" powers which were brought in directly after 9/11? The same emergency powers every US president has continued to sign for the last 20+ years?

When the UK government finally passes the proposed "Online Safety Bill" which will give politicians unilateral power to redefine what the legal boundary of "free speech" is, how should we think about it? Should we see this within a context, and notice the various comparies, NGO's, etc. who lobbied and helped change public opinion... who gave speeches at conferences and interviews in the media... should we take note of these people who have real names and addresses... or just shrug?. "Oh bother... more doom". You know classic image of the 6 faceless, indistinct oligarchs sitting around a table and smoking cigars? That is Larry Fink right now. They're not even trying to hide any of it, and I'm pathologized for noticing?

It's a very weird take to say that the "doom is already here" - thereforce being concerned about the objectively most powerful entity in our society, which is Big Capital, and its self admitted goals for the immediate direction and tempo of our lives is.... "spreading paranoia"? What is paranoid about ascribing the names of organisations and people to the phenonema we notice? The direction is very clear, and their desired end-point is objectively worse (much worse if you actually listen to them) for us than the past flavour of "dystopian one world government".

It would kind of be like calling someone paranoid for noticing all the Wall. St money funding Communism in Russia prior to the revolution. Because, y'know, everything's fucked, anyway. Always has been.

I mean, I'm sure you're right. There's probably nothing helpful about noticing the programmer cum pandemic/vaccine expert Bill Gates becoming the largest private farmland owner in the US, and no associations should be made between this investment and his stated goals for society.

I suppose you will be correct, and my right-wing neurosis proven beyond a doubt, if and when all Western governments suddenly start rolling back all these surveillance powers specifically brought in over the last 24 months, and apologize, and go back to "old normal" dystopian misrule. Gilead, you make sure to let us know as soon as your government uninstalls their Pegasus spyware, and they abandon all forms of the Green Pass system please.

Does this clueless dude have tadpoles super glued on as eyebrows?

This thing is either cackling, or shaking with fear, quite the range of emotions, kinda like a psychopath?

VP Harris meltdown on the Today show during an interview. - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    It's going to be a seamless switch from the coof crisis to the climate crisis. Maybe throw in a war or two just for good measure.
    A war is long overdue. Just not with the Chinese or the Russians. Maybe the Namibians can finally be useful.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Am I the only one oddly disquieted by the sweeping cancelations of mandates and vaccine passes at virtually the same time? After two years, it seems odd that those in power would flop over now in the middle of the season with a subtropical second follow-on season later in the year.
    The transfer of $3.5 trillion is complete.

Summary – Going Direct Reset, by John Titus - Solari.com

In a nutshell, the arrival of the 2020 pandemic was about as accidental as an assassination. The pandemic narrative is nothing but a cover story to conceal from the public what in reality is the biggest asset transfer ever.
    He attributes this plan to BlackRock.
    What’s more, this plan was presented to the Fed by BlackRock, which the Fed later appointed to assist the Fed in executing the $3.5 trillion plan. To put it bluntly, the actions taken by the Federal Reserve starting in March of 2020—actions that represented a massive departure from the Fed’s responses to crises before that time, as we have just seen—are exactly what BlackRock told the Fed to do in Jackson Hole, Wyoming over half a year before the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a pandemic.
    Same old game, just bigger and bolder because we're dumb and dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post

- Pulp Fiction
    Now that's a great quote. Gonna rewatch Pulp Fiction tonight.