starting strength gym
Page 1893 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 89313931793184318831891189218931894189519031943199323932893 ... LastLast
Results 18,921 to 18,930 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    From 2022 onwards, here and in Europe, something as simple as a wood-burning stove must now conform to certain "EcoDesign" standards - and campaigners and NGO's are already saying that's not enough, calling for the outright banning of burning wood for domestic heat in future. Not only will this force you to be tied into the system if you don't want to freeze to death, but consider for a moment if, in this green, sustainable future, you think they will let you eat beef, and allow the farming of cattle, when they have banned a wood burning stove because it's too polluting? It's also interesting how many countries called their COVID vaccine passport a "Green Pass". Like I say, this is just the beginning.
    I wouldn't know enough to confidently make a prediction, but aren't green technologies, generally speaking, a bust. There are hard physical limits to the amount of energy that can be stored and transferred between mediums. And it turns out chemical reactions from burning coal, oil and gas are actually pretty good, and the mediums are stable and transportable. If you put a litre (or a gallon) of fuel in a car and drive it till it stops. It's going to be a huge task to push the car the same distance.

It would be a stunning oversight that our overlords misunderstand the physical constraints on energy and believe that the world can transition to renewable energy. So what is their plan? Are they going to continue this "green energy" veneer? They just called a coal-fired power station green because it has some turbines contributing an extra 20% to it's output.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I wouldn't know enough to confidently make a prediction, but aren't green technologies, generally speaking, a bust. There are hard physical limits to the amount of energy that can be stored and transferred between mediums. And it turns out chemical reactions from burning coal, oil and gas are actually pretty good, and the mediums are stable and transportable. If you put a litre (or a gallon) of fuel in a car and drive it till it stops. It's going to be a huge task to push the car the same distance.
    How many elected officials do you suppose have had freshman chemistry?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    A war is long overdue. Just not with the Chinese or the Russians. Maybe the Namibians can finally be useful.
    Yes, as history has shown, Rich Man's War, Poor Man's Blood.

Probably not this one, never mind geometry or physics:

Congresswoman Demonstrates 'Worst Parking Job Ever' - YouTube

This is Pelosi's top pick for Transportation Secretary by the way, and this video is from 7 years ago! Imagine how sharp this old bat is now at 84 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    For anyone who's interested, this is my big post about this topic, and more:

The rise in mortality rates shows the true power of life insurance – Monegenix(R)

There is so much speculation about the solvency of the life insurance industry, fears over life insurers not paying claims, a dramatic rise in deaths and death claims. Here is some perspective on the issue, from the post:

""

With trillions of dollars in cash reserves, hundreds of billions in *additional* surplus funds, and less than $100 billion in death claims, there is simply no crisis whatsoever in the life insurance business, and zero incentive for insurers to not pay a claim.

Looking at the death rate for the general population is also a (mostly) non-story.

Regardless of how you look at this, these are small numbers and small percentages of the total.

This should be good news for everyone, if it weren't for the fact that even conspiracy theorists need to pay the bills.
    This is one of those things that cuts through the bullshit, like Dan Pena's take on global warming. You really need to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Congresswoman Demonstrates 'Worst Parking Job Ever' - YouTube

This is Pelosi's top pick for Transportation Secretary by the way, and this video is from 7 years ago! Imagine how sharp this old bat is now at 84 years old.
    I can't believe her opponents didn't just make their campaign that video over and over. Her wikipedia page is exactly what you expect.

Realistically more than 0, but cash is a more powerful lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Anyone know what the bullshit to truth ratio is on this? From Anonymous Conservative:
    Way back in time, CBS 60 Minutes did a piece on "phages". They were permitted access to Soviet labs, and as I remember things, the information was a revelation.

My google fu has not been able to find the video. I want to say it was a piece by Mike Wallace, late 70's early 80's

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Am I the only one oddly disquieted by the sweeping cancelations of mandates and vaccine passes at virtually the same time?...
    Anyone else believe that our opinions about all this matter even one bit to these people? As Mr. Rowe said, these sudden changes have been accompanied by a very creepy, disquieting feeling...
    Did any of you read BlackRock CEO Larry Fink's 2022 annual newsletter, titled "The Power of Capitalism"?...
    Isn't this how it always has worked historically? Soften up the population up with a pandemic, plunder the financial resources of the country, then move on to war? I think we are right on schedule.

Matt, you left out the part where Larry Fink invented securitized mortgages, which led to the 2008 financial implosion, then was oddly selected by the Bush administration to manage trillions of dollars of government stimulus to fix (profit from) the problem he had created.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    ...they are all woke now, even Carhartt...
    The obvious and important question this raises is: Does Rip still wear pants?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Anyone know what the bullshit to truth ratio is on this? From Anonymous Conservative:
    I agree with what the others have said, but add I have read about the treatments in former soviet republics being effective and cheap in many cases.
    There have been several attempts to start bacteriophage companies in the US, but FDA clinical trials are a huge obstacle: Antibiotics are considered a safe, effective, approved therapy, so the pool of potential trial participants is limited to the sickest patients, who do not respond to antibiotics. Under these circumstances, it becomes much more expensive and much more difficult to demonstrate efficacy in FDA clinical trials (Analogous to studies treating patients with Ivermectin only after they have developed secondary bacterial pneumonia and been placed on a ventilator,.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Both Anti and Yngvi have pretty good analytical hot takes here. Thanks!!

This, in my view is one of the primary mistakes people make when analyzing the situation; As the Russians say, "Russia needs a czar" and Americans need freedom.
    A system of government must take into account the inherent characteristics of the population
    with a strong emphasis on genetic predispositions.
    This is why attempts to replicate political movements of the past often fail. For example, I believe Dugan's NazBol philosophy was doomed to fail from the start for the simple reason that Russians are not Germans.

And there may be a relationship between the "vaccine" and shingles cases: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jocd.14521
    Would you be surprised?
    In addition, it would imply a highly likely relationship between the vaccine and other diseases associated with latent or dormant viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Covid-19 vaccines and treatments: we must have raw data, now | The BMJ

Finally a journal wants the data. Better late than never I suppose.
    Unfortunately no one takes notice of the BMJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    There is simply no need for a Great Reset, it already happened at a certain point in Mesopotamian history, say around Hammurabi or whatever
    Do you have a source for this statement?

Gilead, you make sure to let us know as soon as your government uninstalls their Pegasus spyware, and they abandon all forms of the Green Pass system please.
    I do see a scenario where they will put a pause on the green pass. Regarding Pegasus however, (which probably has been going on for years) this will never be stopped.

This is one of those things that cuts through the bullshit, like Dan Pena's take on global warming.
    IS GLOBAL WARMING THE BIGGEST FRAUD IN HISTORY? - Dan Pena - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This, in my view is one of the primary mistakes people make when analyzing the situation; As the Russians say, "Russia needs a czar" and Americans need freedom.
    A system of government must take into account the inherent characteristics of the population
    with a strong emphasis on genetic predispositions.
    Up until the US Immigration Act in 1965, the US was 90% genetically European. In 2020 it was 60%. The United States of 2022 is a very, very different place than that of our parents and grandparents. The trend suggests that by 2040, those of European genetic predisposition will make up less than half the US population. I am not making a value judgement on that, simply stating the fact that the US will more closely resemble the demographics of Brazil than that of the United States of 1960.