starting strength gym
Page 1902 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 90214021802185218921900190119021903190419121952200224022902 ... LastLast
Results 19,011 to 19,020 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Cureus | Ivermectin Prophylaxis Used for COVID-19: A Citywide, Prospective, Observational Study of 223,128 Subjects Using Propensity Score Matching
    Ivermectin Prophylaxis Used for COVID-19: A Citywide, Prospective, Observational Study of 223,128 Subjects Using Propensity Score Matching
    Cureus, Published January 15, 2022

Abstract

A citywide prevention program using ivermectin for COVID-19 was implemented in Itajaí, a southern city in Brazil in the state of Santa Catarina. The objective of this study was to evaluate the impact of regular ivermectin use on subsequent COVID-19 infection and mortality rates versus non ivermectin users.

The study analyzed data from a prospective, observational study of the citywide COVID-19 prevention with ivermectin program, which was conducted between July 2020 and December 2020 in Itajaí, Brazil.

In the absence of contraindications, ivermectin was offered as an optional treatment to be taken for two consecutive days every 15 days at a dose of 0.2 mg/kg/day.

Study analysis consisted of comparing ivermectin users with non-users using cohorts of infected patients propensity score-matched by age, sex, and comorbidities. COVID-19 infection and mortality rates were analyzed with and without the use of propensity score matching (PSM).

Results:

- There was a with a 44% reduction in COVID-19 infection rate for the cohorts using ivermectin prophylactically (p < 0.0001).

- The regular use of ivermectin led to a 68% reduction in COVID-19 mortality (p < 0.0001). When adjusted for residual variables, reduction in mortality rate was 70% (p < 0.0001).

- There was a 56% reduction in hospitalization rate among ivermectin users and non-users, respectively (p < 0.0001). After adjustment for residual variables, reduction in hospitalization rate was 67% (p < 0.0001).

Conclusion (from the study): In this large PSM study, regular use of ivermectin as a prophylactic agent was associated with significantly reduced COVID-19 infection, hospitalization, and mortality rates.
    Obviously, this is an important study and validates the anecdotal data from various African countries where ivermectin is given prophylactically and incidence of COVID is very low (knowing that there are lots of confounding variables such has age, weight and vitamin D3 levels found in many of these countries).

The P values of this study are extraordinary and can not be discounted easily by main stream media.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    The P values of this study are extraordinary and can not be discounted easily by main stream media.
    That's why they will just ignore it.

The esteemed rebuttal was that parasitic infections are common in south Brazil. Ivermectin was merely deworming these patients, they said, and the study results wouldn’t generalize to developed nations.

A few days later, another study was posted which found a negative association between parasitic infections and COVID severity. Lots of rebutting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    The esteemed rebuttal was that parasitic infections are common in south Brazil. Ivermectin was merely deworming these patients, they said, and the study results wouldn’t generalize to developed nations.

A few days later, another study was posted which found a negative association between parasitic infections and COVID severity. Lots of rebutting to do.
    Which leg of the elephant are they clutching?

Another argument currently brewing in the pub right now, potential for physical violence:

I just got barked at by the one of the door security for politely refusing to provide my track and trace details and he asked “What gives you the right to disobey the rules?”

Question to the door security:

“What gives you the right to obey the rules?”

He can’t answer and now he’s asked me to leave for being a smart arse. I’m a little tired and drunk after my hard sets of 5’s across this afternoon, but there will be enough energy in the tank to deal with this guy in the fashion he seems to desire. I don’t care that he’s 6 foot 5 and weighs 350.

Any in-the-moment advice Rip?

The irony of the Ukraine wanting to join the EU when most citizens of the EU aren’t even legally allowed to fart in public, let alone carry knives. This woman and the Ukraine show what is to be DONE when shit gets real:

Ukrainian mum buys huge rifle, helmet and camouflage gear in fear of Russian invasion - World News - Mirror Online

Meanwhile, 52 year old fat housewives in France post selfies on Instagram and buy Cosmo. Marvellous.

These three things will keep YOU from sleeping at night:

“I Don’t Know How You Sleep at Night”

Hill: I think fundamentally, we’re reaching the [same] conclusion about the survival benefit. We’re both finding a significant effect on survival.

Lawrie: No, I’m grading my evidence. I’m saying I’m sure of this evidence. I’m saying I’m absolutely sure it prevents deaths. There is nothing as effective as this treatment. What is your reluctance? Whose conclusion is that?

You keep referring to other people. It’s like you don’t trust yourself. If you were to trust yourself, you would know that you have made an error and you need to correct it because you know, in your heart, that this treatment prevents death.

Hill: Well, I know, I know for a fact that the data right now is not going to get the drug approved.

Lawrie: But, Andy—know this will come out. It will come out that there were all these barriers to the truth being told to the public and to the evidence being presented. So please, this is your opportunity just to acknowledge [the truth] in your review, change your conclusions, and come on board with this Cochrane Review, which will be definitive. It will be the review that shows the evidence and gives the proof. This was the consensus on Wednesday night’s meeting with 20 experts.

When Dr. Hill tells Dr. Lawrie that the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) will not be on board with a positive recommendation for ivermectin, Dr. Lawrie snaps back:

Lawrie: Yeah, because the NIH is owned by the vaccine lobby.

Hill: That’s not something I know about.
    The frightening truth about Remdesivir… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

I mentioned this last week. The Wikipedia page for Remdesivir still does not return a search for "kidney" or "renal."

Und, auf Deutschland: Oppressive COVID Measures for the Unvaccinated Were Based on 'Software' Error, Claims German Minister.

In November 2021, news outlets reported on the increasing “incident numbers” in the city – where the figure grew from 111.6 infected people per 100,000 to 160 per 100,000 in a span of few of days. By the end of November, that number shot up from 209.2 to a record of 223.3.

The ostensibly drastic increases have been used to legitimize new COVID policy measures in the city. First, 2G (vaccinated or recovered) status limitation was announced in order to enter shops, restaurants, and clubs. Social contact limitation was mandated for the unvaccinated. After the order, Mayor Peter Tschentscher, claimed to observe an increase in vaccination numbers, and implied it was the only way out of the pandemic.

Now, an investigation from the Sueddeutscher Zeitung and Welt newspapers has found that the numbers in Hamburg’s Social Services departments were drastically skewed and, in most cases, they didn’t even know who was vaccinated and who was not. This, however, did not stop them classifying everyone with an unknown status as unvaccinated. Indeed, by the end of November, a whopping 70 percent of the positive cases had unknown status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Your assholes in power down under don’t want to control the world, but they seem really into regulating every single moment of your daily existence.
    Well all the boarder controls are mostly gone, QR and masks are not enforced as much as they were, but you can still have a beer and a BBQ.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the University of Minnesota has been running an ivermectin trial. I'm shocked that it was approved at all.

University of Minnesota ivermectin trial nearing completion | Star Tribune

Neil Young suffers meltdown… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

You knew they'd start going after Rogan.

It's rich how these lib shitbirds, especially those as old as this dude, used to be all about "stand up for your rights" and give it to "the man" and now they toe the bullshit government/pharma line. I think this asshole is a naturalized U.S. citizen, obviously you don't have to know jack about free speech anymore to get citizenship. And while I'm at it, his whiny music sucks too.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I mentioned this last week. The Wikipedia page for Remdesivir still does not return a search for "kidney" or "renal."
    They put my mom on Remdesivir back in December 2020 when she was hospitalized for COVID (a genuine "for" not "with" case). Fortunately she has had no issues and has been active and healthy for the past 13 months. She's never had kidney problems before or after. I was talking to her about the danger of Remdesivir a couple months ago, and she claims that the doctor had her on dialysis while she was on it. I've tried searching to see if there is anything written about this, but can't find anything. Has anyone heard of dialysis on people with healthy kidneys as preemptive measure like this?