starting strength gym
Page 1905 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 90514051805185518951903190419051906190719151955200524052905 ... LastLast
Results 19,041 to 19,050 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    It actually seems like all they do is piss down our backs and tell us it's raining.
    While laughing and getting filthy rich.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Let's see if Reeves will be swayed by money like every other hollywood actor and american business. Money is on yes
    Hope not. He seems like a decent human being.

I've been seeing more and more articles about the Hildabeast recently. You know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Let's not forget history.

The United States had to goad Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor, encourage/trick Germany into attacking its supply/transport ships to Britain and conduct a very heavy propaganda campaign to get Americans interested in participating in WWII.
    If none of this was true, should our conclusions change?

Let's see if Reeves will be swayed by money like every other hollywood actor and american business. Money is on yes
    Them's fightin' words.
    I'll take that bet. In a heartbeat. Reeves' reputation is one of being a genuinely good human being. And he's been through a lot of personal shit. Going through a lot of bad shit doesn't guarantee one is strong of character and thoughtful but it does up the odds. My guess is he doesn't give a rat's ass what the China government thinks of him.

I'd bet this dude could absolutely destroy a bushel of carrots and apples.

Why is she smiling? - YouTube

Reports are that Spotify will honor Neil Young's request. They're going to remove his music since they aren't removing Joe Rogan's content. It's obviously an easy money decision, so that's not high praise. It did make me giggle a bit, though.

Keanu is a bit of an interesting character, I wouldn't be too certain. This is the same guy who donated his pay from one of the matrix movies to the underpaid CGI people who got stiffed.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Keanu is a bit of an interesting character, I wouldn't be too certain. This is the same guy who donated his pay from one of the matrix movies to the underpaid CGI people who got stiffed.
    A friend of mine knows him, and has worked for him. He's a solid guy, and he doesn't need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Reports are that Spotify will honor Neil Young's request. They're going to remove his music since they aren't removing Joe Rogan's content. It's obviously an easy money decision, so that's not high praise. It did make me giggle a bit, though.
    How long will Spotify keep this up? What level of money with the whackos threaten next?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    If none of this was true, should our conclusions change?
    I don't draw anyone's conclusions, except my own.
    If you think history and the bulk of the evidence suggests something different, then that is what you should believe, unless or until you encounter new data that are inconsistent with your prior beliefs, at which point you develop a new hypothesis.

Clearly, my view is that it has been relatively common to have war erupt when most people believe its occurrence is unthinkable and that there is usually low public support for war before the first shots are fired.
    From what I have read, the American Civil War was not a popular thing at its start; The southerners did not want to fight, except in self defense and the northerners were able to justify war by proclaiming among themselves it would be a quick, inexpensive, decisive victory.
    The estimates of public support for the American Revolution at its onset, I believe range from 3% to 20%. Britain was the most powerful empire in the world and most people believed a real war to be unthinkable.

As to the probability of war, that is always very low compared to the number of potential triggers and conflicts.
    Even if the relative probability of a trigger or conflict leading to large-scale war is high, the absolute probability is typically quite low.

-----=------
    I am impressed with the large amount of useful Covid news brought to our attention by Gilead. Makes it quite a bit easier to sift through everything.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Meanwhile, the actual French are showing signs of getting up from their bellies: Candidacy Announcement (English Translation) - Eric Zemmour - YouTube
    That situation is going to be interesting. He's already polling ahead of Le Penn. Some are saying he is more immune from some of the usual criticisms and parallels with moustache-man, as he is an Algerian Sephardic Jew and a proud, outspoken one at that. Others are saying his close, historic ties to Macron are a bad omen. Either way, it's going to push the discourse in a direction.
    Mind you, THIS is your "democracy"...

"Klaus Schwab in 2017 at Harvard: "What we are very proud of, is that we penetrate the global cabinets of countries with our WEF Young Global Leaders." Klaus Schwab even mentions Vladimir Putin as being one of them: “they all have been young global leaders of the World Economic Forum.”

Telegram: Contact @hapaperspective

Do we actually listen to this man's words, or dismiss him because he has ein zilly sounding German akkzent?