starting strength gym
Page 1916 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 91614161816186619061914191519161917191819261966201624162916 ... LastLast
Results 19,151 to 19,160 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    S.Africa scraps isolation for those without COVID symptoms | Inquirer News

Presidency | South Africa 🇿🇦
    @PresidencyZA
    • Those who test positive with no symptoms do not have to isolate.
    · If you test positive with symptoms, the isolation period has been reduced from 10 to 7 days.
    · Contacts do not have to isolate unless they develop symptoms.
    https://twitter.com/PresidencyZA/sta...39274474491906

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    It's still created out of thin air just in the opposite direction.

There's only 21 million bitcoins that can be created. Once the mining limit is reached they're done, and there will be a massive shock as people realise just how many bitcoins have been lost on wallets that were thrown away or lost passwords.

When liquidity becomes an issue, each bitcoin will be divided further, instead of using 1% of a coin as a unit of exchange you'll use .1% of a coin. I believe the most common unit that is equivalent to a dollar is a "Satoshi" (A dollar in the fact that it's the common smallest unit, not in terms of actual value) This will cause deflation rather than inflation. This will have just as many issues as inflation, but they will be different issues. The most hysterical of bitcoin advocates claim that it will solve almost any problem you can care to name but that is obviously ludicrous at face value.

I don't actually know the exact trigger to cause bitcoin to deflate is nor the specific mechanisms, but what I posted should be accurate enough for a brief summary.

Mizuchi, I'm in the state across from you, keep your head up. We're the first state to have elections and if 3rd parties have a good showing it might be the only thing that scares herr gunner, andrews et al to reverse restrictions. We are a fucking moronic state though so don't hold your breath.
    You need to learn more about it.
    It's not created out of thin air.
    There's a reason why people work on this stuff and trust it. It's because it's not actually governed by people and there is a mathematical algorithm behind its creation which is self-adjusting and the whole thing is trustless.
    You realize what it means to not have to be forced to trust a 3rd party or a government when it comes to your money?
    That no one can make more of it?
    The smallest unit of account is 1/100.000.000 of a Bitcoin, or 1 satoshi, and that's it.
    I don't think its value will appreciate so much that 1 satoshi will have to be divided itself.
    This is not a finished product anyway.
    It is kinda pretentious to pretend that something born 13 years ago could already be so perfect that it has to fit into any possible theoretical scenario about the future.
    It is evolving and it will always keep evolving.
    Just think of it as the Internet basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    You're probably familiar with the Milgram experiments, a majority of people will kill someone if someone with authority tells them to push a button. They wont enjoy it and they will try to get out of it, but they will do it.

He also did some follow up work on what would stop people pushing the button. Which is the far more interesting question, why some people were able to resist the impulse. It's been a while since I read it and I really need to find it again, but from memory he distilled it to two questions, that you ask the people who "are just doing their job"

They are doing what they do based on the illusion and weight of authority, to remove this there are two tacks to take:

1) Attacking the authority directly, that it is not real or it is illegitimate. That the rules are cruel and don't make sense and the leaders in charge lied to get there.

2) Putting the authority on them, they are the authority right now therefore it is their call.

Milgram seemed to think that these two steps reduced button pressing by the biggest margins.

So I guess theoretically talking to the security guard for a bit and mocking the rules and leaders before challenging his denial on the basis that there's no-one else here and it's his call. It's not the "rules" -- he's following his own authority. Make him realise how dumb the rules are, then put the weight of enforcement on him 100%. He might not relent but you'll certainly make him the most uncomfortable you can in enforcing them. He should bear a psychological cost for doing so.
    I tried out Dr. Vernon Coleman's advice of repeatedly telling the security guard in the grocery store that I couldn't hear him, with hilarious results!

The poor sap originally thought I just couldn't understand him, so he walked back up after figuring out how to say "you must wear mask" in English, but I just kept saying I couldn't understand what he was saying through that thing! . He pulls down his muzzle, tells me I need a mask, I say in half Russian, half English, "No, sorry," he starts speaking to me through the muzzle again (he's following me through the store), and I just repeat that I can't hear a damn thing through that muzzle.

After the umpteenth time, he says something like, phuck this, what is it with these damn Americans! Then starts chatting with me, friendly at this point, about how this will never end, regardless of anything we peons do, as I self checkout. The Russians will always have and always will have that pessimistic, realist worldview- that's what living under seven decades of Utopian Communism will do to you!

So, two lessons learned:
    1. It's still not safe to live in the big cities (the regions are far less Mad than cosmopolitan Moscow).
    2. This humiliating tactic of telling the person repeatedly that you cannot hear them is hilarious and probably even effective, but then again I'm in Russia, safe from the Progressive West, so YMMV. But, as someone mentioned here when referencing tht Canadian mall protest, I'm thinking the humiliation/humor tactic will be much more effective than the anger/legalese approaches to the masks and these restrictions.

I would love to hear how this (just repeating that you cannot understand the Karen) works out for one of you all, especially if you live in a blue or purple hive. They can't cuff you for not muzzling up,right? Or, even if they can, every step you take to patronize them and their silly rules only gets the Madness increased or extended, right, so what is there to lose?

And, show of hands, how many of us thought the Americans protesting the full-body scanners at airports a decade ago were complete kooks and over-reacting? So that's how sheeple feel about us now, even moreso since this (COVID) is an existential threat to their existence, and I'm not sure how to stop their momentum except to know that more must be done in our daily, mundane lives.

I think it is Reuters that has the same person on their board and Pfizer. Or something like that....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Note the way Reuters rides to the rescue of the narrative. So fucking predictably tiresome. If Reuters tells you that Katherine Hepburn is dead, you'd better call the cemetery to be sure.

....forgot to add, the reason store clerks, security guards, and managers over here give for "pushing the button" is that they don't want to get fined, as employees by their bosses or as businesses by the gun-owners (that's the government,Rip).
    What excuses do our spineless Western businesses give for enforcing these mandates, exhilaration and tickles going up their legs? Wouldn't it be just for the globo gyms, all of retail and the restaurants to be the first to be taken over, made equitable, and redistributed by the gun owners!?

A post on the truckers I came across

I don't get angry normally but today my anger boiled over into tears. Having been there, having seen the incredible joy and peace, unity of everyone, minorities, provinces coming together. I talked to so many truckers - the kindest sweethearts you will ever meet. Such kind, articulate, intelligent, understanding, heroic men. Some clearly have a hard life, but they travelled over 5000 km to be here. I didn't meet a single bad person, or see anything bad. Saw literally dozens and dozens of people happily picking up garbage around the city. Today Ottawa was spotless - the city didn't clean it up, the truckers all did, bags of garbage neatly piled up.

The way the media has spun this and focused on one damn guy with a flag - and on video many people calmly ask him to leave. And the 'defacing of the Terry Fox memorial" (they put a sign in the statue's hands) which was defaced with LGBT stuff and a face mask last year - and which was immediately cleaned up other protestors.

I'm raging because these kind souls, heroic truckers do not deserve this press. They are sitting there in the freezing cold, travelled thousands of km, many not knowing if they will get reimbursed. They are fighting for us, for all Canadians and are treated like trash.

The 3 organizers are Metis (First Nations) and Jewish and Christian. And they call them white supremacists.

I know the media does this - but having been there and seeing if first hand, it angers me more than I thought possible. My heart breaks for these kind heroic truckers.

ps for anyone wondering - I talked to a lot of truckers. They aren't leaving they say. Apparently there are thousands more on the way. Road blocks are set up so they can't get in, but they are coming in small waves. Also all around Canada there were huge convoys in cities and small towns on the weekend. In Regina there must have been tens of thousands of trucks at one convoy. This is not ending. But it could end faster if the lazy middle normie truckers just stopped working for 1 week and it would all end. Come on lazy middle, support your brothers, take 1 week off and we'd get our country back.

There is also some big road block at an Alberta/US border crossing I heard. There were couple thousand vehicles on the weekend and a bunch remain. It is illegal to block road like that so RCMP have been called in. Not sure of status. But again, this isn't over and people are more and more pissed
    And https://media.communities.win/post/22l20RTWSBy4.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility that the bridge was "nudged." These people will do anything.

It's important that the voters of Boston get what they wanted. I don't want to hear a peep from these Yankee Democrat bastards.

These are keepers. I had no idea that the Canadian media was as bad as CNN/MSNBC, but FUCK -- swastikas????

__________________________________________________ _________________________

And this right here is some scared bureaucrat motherfuckers:

Nova Scotia banned supporters of the Truckers for Freedom convoy from gathering alongside the highway – twitchy.com

In other news, Australia thanked God today for Canada.

The Canadian media is probably worse than American, if that’s possible. It is absolutely unbelievable how one sided the mainstream media has been concentrating entirely on a few negative things that happened at the Ottawa trucker protest.

I live in the shit hole province of Nova Scotia, and it’s true that they banned truckers support on the highways and overpasses. Fortunately the biggest group left the day before this came into effect. There was a massive show of support from this small province. I’ve had a trucker boner ever since they headed out.

Shit hole Nova Scotia also banned donating to the trucker fund. This was enough to convince me to make our second donation.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Help me understand, what is the "asset" or inherent value behind BTC?]
    It's a digital marker that is mathematically unique and limited as well as being fungible.

It's value comes from where all value comes from, other people are willing to accept it in return for goods or services.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Decentralized agencies though.
    In the very early BitcCoin days I went to a conference at MIT about this stuff. The very early adopters did not see it as an investment or a means to replace a fiat monetary system. The nerds loved the blockchain technology and the mystery around Sitoshi and the black market loved it’s potential for transactions that could not be tracked. At that time Ethereum was considered technically superior to Bitcoin as a ledger. So why the love for BTC other than fear of missing out?
    Looking back the BTC price was so low but I did not buy, just too risky as an investment. Too volatile, no way to properly valuate the the real intrinsic worth. I do not regret it.

And now everyone and their mother is running a robust blockchain, and it is believed based on some DoJ indictments that the feds can clearly determine each end of a bitcoin transaction. And the Treasury Dept is also in on watching transactions as well. They know who should be reporting gains from BTC so be be aware of that come tax season.

Then there are the exchanges that get hacked (there will always be another amount Mount Gox) and your own wallet may not be as secure as you believe. Sorry to ramble just my two cents….

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    Gday folks,
    Update from The Communist Prison-State formally known as Western Australia...
    We like to see these updates.
    Don't let them push you around or force you to do anything.
    Don't let them arrest you or take you quietly to a gulag.

How confident are you Aussies that your elections are actually fair?
    If they have the power and impudence to do what they have done so far, what are the odds they would leave elections to chance?

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Help me understand, what is the "asset" or inherent value behind BTC? It literally appears to be the definition of a massive Ponzi scam, sponsored by some agencies with lots of capital letters, maybe...
    When it comes down to it, there are only two options:
    1. The current, centralized, authoritarian-controlled Ponzi scheme of a financial system and that has been demonstrably wielded against free men everywhere.
    2. A new, decentralized system (likely existing alongside legacy systems -gold etc.) with cryptocurrencies playing a central role.

Choose one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Hahhah on the first day it hit me, the temperature outside was about 105, I got the shivers and had to cover myself with a summer sheet, a blanket and a winter duvet, and I was still shivering uncontrollably, I almost threw up a few times for the shivering. It got better the next few days, just the fever without the shakes. I didn’t go to the hospital of course, I figured my chances of survival were better this way. I heard from some guys who had a similar experience, all of them younger and doing some kind of training or regular exercise. The sedentary people didn’t have any side effects, at least the ones who survived. Based on my experience, I would say there is no chance that a frail old person would survive this.
    The adverse events must be at minimum underreported by 100X