starting strength gym
Page 1926 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 92614261826187619161924192519261927192819361976202624262926 ... LastLast
Results 19,251 to 19,260 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by AFNick68 View Post
    Below is my view on the situation But I wanted to clarify two things first -- reflecting on my prior post probably I portrayed myself as more of an 'expert' than I am. I am simply someone who has read a lot on the topic and thought about it, so I think I have a useful view, but my take may not be the best so I look forward to hearing yours and others as well. Second, I am a freedom loving, capitalist loving, card carrying American, a military veteran - I love the USA. But I think it's important to call balls and strikes as we see them, not as we wish they were. So here goes.

Generally I think we need to distinguish between manageable problems and existential problems. The former are bad, especially when they could lead to turnover in management, but the latter are exceptionally difficult to deal with. I believe China has the former. And if it is manageable than the issue boils down to how well it will be managed which is a function of how capable the management is. In my view, the West has more existential problems, where large swaths of society are at odds with each other over fundamental values.

As regards China, sometimes we view it as one thing, but that is actually wrong. China is a collection of very disparate territories, peoples and ways of living. BUT, they are tied together by a shared heritage, ethnicity, values and of course a strong central government. So there are risks there, no doubt. But Dr Marc Faber, someone who I greatly respect, once posed the following question: if you lined up all the CCP and took their average IQ versus all the US congress/executive branch and took their average IQ, which would be higher? As a US military veteran it pains me to say that the answer is quite obviously the CCP. Consider that if you took the complaints of the average American about how the US has been handled in the past 20 years it would probably boil down to three things; encouragement of special interests and crony nepotism (eg big tech, military industrial complex), complete societal degeneration and debauchery and borderline societal genocide (eg open borders, wokeism), and complete financial mismanagement. China, frankly, for all its faults and foibles (of which I will definitely concede there are many) is trying to address these issues which the West failed to. It may or may not succeed, and I suspect even if it does succeed it would not be without pain.

But if we agree that a) the problems are manageable and b) the management is quite capable, then I think probably Xi will likely handle it well. But as I said of course there are risks. To me the biggest risks given the sprawling nature of managing China are food/energy inflation leading to internal uprisings, loss of or incoherent central authority and finally some sort of external calamity. The second is the big risk given strife within the CCP, and Xi will have to be ruthless to squelch it. The third is improbable given the insane state of the west. The first is a big risk, especially when coupled with China's asset bubble (particularly real estate and debt) problems. It will be interesting to watch unfold. If I had to bet, I think Xi threads the needle for another 10 years, and taking Taiwan would certainly be a feather in the cap, but worse outcomes are most certainly possible.
    The people running the CCP don’t seem to be completely useless and retarded. I doubt they would have gone through the whole process of installing Xi as president and widening his authority just to ditch him at the first signs of crisis. In fact, they seem to be vastly more prepared for the monetary and financial crises they might face then their western counterparts. China will never ever attack Taiwan, why would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I can't imagine one.
    You might lack imagination.

Think social credits which replace money for government services, talk to the wrong person your car turns off. Eat a steak, lose your subscription to your meds.

The final kicker will be replacements and/or neural interface/enhancement. Parents will be lining up to put google chips in their kids head.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    IMG 8238 - YouTube

Nurse testifies she's witnessed patient death by medical malfeasance... and more
    Iatrogenic deaths are rife. One of the leading causes of death by some ways of counting it.

Another Kamala staffer leaves. This time her speech writer.

Kamala’s top speechwriter quits… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

I’d quit too. “NO WHERE IN THE SPEACH DOES IT SAY SMILE AND KACKLE UNCOMFORTABLY, KAMALA” That would be a frustrating job, writing speeches for either of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    China will never ever attack Taiwan, why would it?
    Because it wishes to possess Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    The final kicker will be replacements and/or neural interface/enhancement. Parents will be lining up to put google chips in their kids head.
    We can simply not coexist with these people. We need to split. If somehow they beat us with their chipped eunuch children, then so be it. But we can't go where they are going. The fork in the road is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The people running the CCP don’t seem to be completely useless and retarded....
    Until you start paying closer attention to how lazy and incompetent things are just beneath the surface. Like when they created a fake doctor using a stock image from a google search for "doctor" and spread Covid tweets and information from this "doctor" all over the internet. Or how sloppy they were with their cover up of the Peng Shuai situation.
    China has an even bigger problem than the US with bureaucracy defeating meritocracy, but they don't have to deal with mob-rule democracy and its "dictatorship of the proletariat".
    Their main advantage might be that the leaders of China don't want to destroy China.
    They want to put China and Chinese people first.

-----------------------------

For those of you who still don't think crypto is necessary in 2022:
    -The GoFundMe for the Canadian Truckers has been stolen after pressure from the Canadian government
    -The Canadian intelligence agencies are actively investigating anybody who is donating to the truckers
    Crypto solves both of these problems. It can't be seized by the government and it allows people to spend or donate their money without fear of harassment from the authoritarian governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because it wishes to possess Taiwan.
    Perhaps for deep distant cultural reasons, but also for immediate economic ones. They control world economy and society in the short, medium, and possibly long term if they control TSMC. Though TSMC seems to be filling its go-bag.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    IMG 8238 - YouTube

Nurse testifies she's witnessed patient death by medical malfeasance... and more
    This literally happened to my girlfriends grandmother. All of it. Fucking same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Perhaps for deep distant cultural reasons, but also for immediate economic ones. They control world economy and society in the short, medium, and possibly long term if they control TSMC. Though TSMC seems to be filling its go-bag.
    It’s more than that for China.