starting strength gym
Page 1931 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 93114311831188119211929193019311932193319411981203124312931 ... LastLast
Results 19,301 to 19,310 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by AFNick68 View Post
    Some Ls for today (or Ws depending on your perspective I guess) - Bloomberg runs headline for 30 mins saying Russia invaded Ukraine and then retracts, WH brands a US Senator a russian propagandist for questioning their narrative,

Psaki Accuses Josh Hawley of 'Parroting' Russian Talking Points
    This Psaki article squeezes in a lie about Georgia so nonchalantly, simply parenthetically noting that #muhRussia also invaded Georgia 14 years ago. You really cannot trust anything our MSM put out and I find it increasingly hard to believe that naturally-occurring PC tendencies, rather than control-grid operators, lead to all these one-sided mistruths. Go ahead and read up on subsequent admissions about that Georgia invasion to find the Truthъ about the matter - Business Insider sincerely hopes that you don't.

I was in Montenegro on honeymoon when the Georgia thingy went down in 08, and we were pretty amazed at the lies& propaganda being pushed by CNN

(which unfortunately was widely available in this hotel, in Montenegro which was so desperate in '08 to be admitted to the EU that it had adopted their currency before even having been accepted, a concept that perplexed me, implementing a currency you don't yet have any control over. It was also great, driving around the mountains, to see so many road signs crediting our USAID with helping support and build various infrastructure projects - our tax serf dollars hard at work, to help the poor, mistreated Montenegrins! And the Russians' incredulence at the time was that this "country" couldn't even afford its own helicopter force to patrol its mountains, yet was seeking ascension into the EU - but I digress).

Later as I recall, our MSM clarified WHO had stepped over WHOSE borders first, and it was always interesting why so many of our humvees and other military equipment had turned up in Georgia for training exercises at exactly that time, but it's amazing to see that the '08 Georgia invasion lie is still widely parrotted and unchallenged in our MSM.

Thank you Air Force Nick for sharing this propaganda piece that slipped in yet another #muhRussia mistruth so inconspicuously. Can you imagine the lies and shortcomings our politicians and elite would have to answer for, if they did not have the scapegoat Russians to focus on all the time!?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post

2- Looking at bankers too closely make anyone with decent pattern recognition abilities see what groups are drastically over-represented among them and then you start seeing other patterns. We've been so conditioned (by the same ilk) for the conclusions of any such observations to be unbearable that we refuse to go down any road that could lead to them.
    This reminds of a rabbit hole I almost wish I never went down. Completed changed the way I viewed the 20th century and really, society, politics, art/culture, and economics as a whole. Also made it so that I can't have a truly honest conversation with anyone ever again.

I have read it, but will have to reread it a couple of times. With all the Bitcoin and stock market stuff on here, I think it’s important to look at things from different perspectives. We all hold a lot of power STILL. There are things we can change in our personal lives that would greatly enhance our financial security that doesn’t involve losing a bunch of sleep. We all have leverage, but how we use it and where we put our resources (time) is also important. Minimalism, self sufficiency, and making simple smart decisions will often lead to the happiness that we are looking for. I hope all of us make it on top with whatever path we choose, just make sure it’s really worth the time, effort, and stress. There a lot of fun things that are cheap or free.

Oh, You Want to 'Win'? Forget It in [Market-Ticker]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

I don't think there's a ton of info that can be gleaned from the Twitterati.

A few thoughts:

We have a lot of correlation from this article, but not causation. And, we have secondary information. Most of the primary data is still held under lock and key by the FDA and the drug companies. To me, that does point to things being worse than advertised. But, how much worse? I don’t know and, if we’re being honest, no one else does either. And, as upsetting as that is, it is what it is.

The VAERS data is really interesting, and worth investigating, but it’s not direct cause-effect. Self-reporting is prone to error. It’s more of a starting point than the ending point people want it to be. A rise in adverse events that are attributed to vaccines should be investigated thoroughly if only to verify the reports and data and to determine what’s coincidence, what’s misreported, and what can be verified and linked to the vaccine. To my knowledge, this hasn’t been done yet.

ZH: “Mortality worsened in 2021 vs. 2020 despite widespread vaccinations”

We only have preliminary numbers, which show 2021 deaths were similar to 2020. I think 2021 total death count was 1,600 people higher than 2020 as of Jan 2022.

ZH: “Long funeral homes short life insurance. Not investment advice but illustrates my point. One industry is growing the other is not.”

I’ve no fucking clue what point this dude is yammering on about, and neither does he.

Industrywide, $6 trillion in policy reserves and growing. $400 billion in additional surplus and growing. $100 billion in death claims and not growing (or growing very slowly compared to 2020). The industry (profit-wise) is growing, and it’s not debatable.

The group sector isn’t looking so great right now. If you isolated that, maybe you could make an argument that things are in decline. Maybe, but… I haven’t seen any numbers that would back up that conclusion. What I've seen is higher than normal death claims and lots of losses for anyone in the group insurance market. But, these lots of losses are nowhere near the always growing surplus levels. Growing surplus means the insurer is making profits somewhere. Surplus means "extra money". "Extra" means you have money left over after paying all your bills. You cannot have surplus without profits which should be obvious, but I feel it needs to be said in light of the bullshit spreading on social media.

Unum is mentioned in the article. I pulled their Vital Signs report for Unum Co and Unum of America. Total surplus as a percent of Unum Co general investment account assets is 64.7%. Unum Life Co of America has 8.8% as percent of general account assets. They have no bonds in or near default (bonds are how insurers pay off their guarantees). Over the past 5 years, Unum looks like it’s had fairly steady net earnings from operations and has maintained its surplus funds. There was a bump up in earnings over the last 2 years and in 2020 it fell back down to 2016 and 2017 levels (actually, a teeny tiny bit higher).

Lincoln had outsized earnings in 2016 and 2017, and those earnings have fallen in 2020. However, Lincoln has no bonds at or near default. Total surplus as % of general account assets is 8%.

Total surplus for Lincoln has grown every year for the last 5 years by a very healthy amount.

Total investment return for these companies is trending down, but is not unusual given current interest rates and how these companies ladder their bonds (this is a much more complex discussion than I can present here). For example, Unum Co of America investment yields went from 5.64% in 206 to 5.35% in 2020. Unum Ins Co (worldwide) shows yields of 4% in 2016, dropping to 3.78% in 2020. Lincoln’s investments went from 4.64% in 2016, bumped up in 2017, dropped back down and then held steady for a couple years and fell slightly to 4.06% in 2020.

From the outside looking in, seeing a downward trend in investment yields and rising surplus seems odd. It’s not. There are lots of legitimate reasons why this happens. One (of many) reasons is insurers selling off assets that have risen in price, then amortizing those gains over the next 10, 20, or 30 years, or amortizing and reinvesting to bump returns up for future years. This is how life insurers don’t die for hundreds of years and make long-term gains instead of taking net losses.

Looking at pre and post pandemic numbers shows no catastrophic losses. None of these companies looks to be in any serious trouble.

I’m sure there’s a company out there somewhere crying ‘uncle’, but this isn’t reflective of the norm across the industry.

As for what’s causing deaths, I have my suspicions like the rest of us. But, for me at least, the bigger picture (total deaths) will be more important for statistical analysis.

I don’t know if anyone can correctly tease apart the details of exactly why these people are dying yet. What we have is speculation based at least partially on personal bias. Those biases might turn out to be true or… not, or… partially true but not as bad as assumed.

We don’t even have an official final death count for 2021 yet. I’d hold off on any final judgments before those numbers are in.

Sen. Ron Johnson Sends Letter to Sec. of Defense Demanding Information on Shockingly High COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Among Military Personnel

https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/se...9-50E402911E02

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    This Psaki article squeezes in a lie about Georgia so nonchalantly, simply parenthetically noting that #muhRussia also invaded Georgia 14 years ago. You really cannot trust anything our MSM put out and I find it increasingly hard to believe that naturally-occurring PC tendencies, rather than control-grid operators, lead to all these one-sided mistruths. Go ahead and read up on subsequent admissions about that Georgia invasion to find the Truthъ about the matter - Business Insider sincerely hopes that you don't.

I was in Montenegro on honeymoon when the Georgia thingy went down in 08, and we were pretty amazed at the lies& propaganda being pushed by CNN

(which unfortunately was widely available in this hotel, in Montenegro which was so desperate in '08 to be admitted to the EU that it had adopted their currency before even having been accepted, a concept that perplexed me, implementing a currency you don't yet have any control over. It was also great, driving around the mountains, to see so many road signs crediting our USAID with helping support and build various infrastructure projects - our tax serf dollars hard at work, to help the poor, mistreated Montenegrins! And the Russians' incredulence at the time was that this "country" couldn't even afford its own helicopter force to patrol its mountains, yet was seeking ascension into the EU - but I digress).
    There is nothing particularly strange about Montenegro’s unilateral euro adoption. The country is run by Europe’s largest tobacco smuggling cartel, meaning the CIA via the Montenegrin and Serbian intelligence agencies. It is extremely big business, I think tobacco smuggling is at least as big as weed and coke, probably bigger.

You need a widely adopted currency to facilitate capital flight for that kind of operation, but you also don’t want it to be a country’s own currency, because you don’t want a local honcho going all Robert Mugabe on you. It would be too obvious to have a country in the middle of Europe start to unilaterally use the dollar, so the euro is the next best thing. Given all of this, you can see why Montenegro is only pretending to be on the path of joining the EU, you never want it to be part of the ECB controlled eurozone.

Montenegrin girls are super hot though, Francesco will want to visit.

The Canadians awaken. I'm very proud of them. They seem to be reacting appropriately to their Gestapo, who seem to be behaving the way jackbooted thugs always behave.

Heavily Armed Tactical Police Units Move In and Confiscate Fuel from Ottawa Freedom Protest Truckers - The Last Refuge Look at the badasses of the Ottowa copshop. Very dangerous badass motherfuckers. DO NOT FUCK WITH THESE MEN AND WOMEN. Especially the women.

Ottawa Police descend on Truckers with automatic weapons and riot gear… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Calgary is popping… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Three hundred Canadian cowboys arrive on horseback… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Police target fuel supply for 'Freedom Convoy' demonstration in Ottawa | CTV News

New definitions: Democracy = When you agree with the government. Insurrection = When you disagree with the government. Try to use these in a sentence every day.