starting strength gym
Page 1973 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 97314731873192319631971197219731974197519832023207324732973 ... LastLast
Results 19,721 to 19,730 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    All this talk about masks and whether they are effective misses a bigger issue. I listen to Armstrong and Getty on the radio and they discussed a teacher who informed them that even though children were no longer required to wear masks outdoors at school about 80% of his students (155 total) still wore masks. So he asked them why. 2% we’re afraid of COVID. About 5 % had vulnerable family members. About 5% had parents who told them to anyway. The rest? They felt more comfortable not showing their faces because they wanted to hide due to shyness or not liking how they looked. This is not psychologically healthy. How long before the 20% who don’t wear masks are told to put them back on to avoid hurting the feelings of the others?

In Aus news some journalists are realizing the obvious implications of health measures, I assume they are also hoping that the rest of April 2020 goes smoothly.
    Vaccine passports can be used for surveillance under the guise of public health measures

Just yet more proof that the regulation authorities approved this shit because Pfizer said “Trust us”

This is a record of the Freedom of info requests from the TGA (The Aus FDA)

Which is full of reports and evaluations like this:
    https://www.tga.gov.au/sites/default...oi-2389-06.pdf
    Which basically summarise as “We’ll check it in post-administration monitoring”

Oh and since it’s in vogue for “authorities” to trash Vaers as being unreliable, remember when they used to use its data for the basis of reporting?
    https://archive.fo/Y23K9

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here's a nice essay for Subby: Just This One Simple Trick – According To Hoyt

It will explain some things.
    Love the article and website.
    The part about stories hold true both ways though. “Having an armed population protects them from interference” is a story too.

Example. I'm sure every single one of the J6 protesters own many weapons, and all of them chose not too bring them because of various reasons. As a result a % of them have suffered consequences in their lives, and that % will likely go up as "being at the J6" is a scarlet letter. Not all of them work outside the blue hive spheres. If someone is a highly paid engineer and attended the rally, they have to hide the fact for the rest of their life if they wish to continue their life in it's current circumstance. That's a very effective method of control as it keeps them in line without the government having to do anything. No-one has to come and take that guys guns. The golden handcuffs are a real factor.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    All this talk about masks and whether they are effective misses a bigger issue. I listen to Armstrong and Getty on the radio and they discussed a teacher who informed them that even though children were no longer required to wear masks outdoors at school about 80% of his students (155 total) still wore masks. So he asked them why. 2% we’re afraid of COVID. About 5 % had vulnerable family members. About 5% had parents who told them to anyway. The rest? They felt more comfortable not showing their faces because they wanted to hide due to shyness or not liking how they looked. This is not psychologically healthy. How long before the 20% who don’t wear masks are told to put them back on to avoid hurting the feelings of the others?
    This is what pisses me off the most about the mask situation. Targeting children is not acceptable, but it's exactly what's being done. Talk about your mass formation psychosis; the brainwashing and shaming of children over a stupid fucking mask will have adverse effects for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Let me get this straight:
    1. You are upset only a single graph was required to disprove the claims in a peer reviewed paper.
    2. You believe that Bangladesh, the most densely populated country in the world, has remote, sparsely populated rural areas.
    3. You further believe that masks somehow start working only after there is a >50% compliance rate.

Then, in your great wisdom, you decided lash out at other people about conflating their biases with fact and showing nonexistent critical thinking skills?
    The "single" graph was incapable of proving or disproving anything. No analysis was actually performed and therefore no conclusions can be drawn. Also, did you read the original study regarding the area of Bangladesh where the study was performed?

We conducted a cluster-randomized trial of community-level mask promotion in rural Bangladesh from November 2020 to April 2021
    Do a quick google search and find out what percentage of the country is rural. When you do, you will realize it is over 60% rural. It was these areas where the study was conducted. Also what I said was that the original study showed a nominal effect on reduction of covid cases when far less than 50% of the population was compliant in a rural area. I never said there was a large effect, just that drawing the definitive conclusion that masks don't work can't be done when you reinterpret the data from a study where no statistical analysis was performed that was conducted in a rural area where the majority of the population was noncompliant with the mask intervention is quite the large leap in logic. But you seem very sure of yourself, so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAmaro View Post
    I never said there was a large effect, just that drawing the definitive conclusion that masks don't work can't be done when you reinterpret the data from a study where no statistical analysis was performed that was conducted in a rural area where the majority of the population was noncompliant with the mask intervention is quite the large leap in logic.
    You seem to think that this study is somehow significant against the 40 years of The Literature that demonstrates that masks are ineffective in stopping the transmission of viral disease. Or are you just pissed that I posted this link? Maybe that's it.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Learn about Ukraine: Map Explainer: Key Facts About Ukraine | ZeroHedge

__________________________________________________ _____________

Makes you wonder if the US military -- as an institution -- has this kind of balls: 'Russian warship, go f*** yourselves': Final words of Ukrainian border guards on Snake Island | Daily Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    My apologies for the soda and lime! A local favorite is a chilled vodka shot with a chaser shot of pickle juice.
    Room temperature vodka is the way to go. And if the shot packs too much of a punch, smell something like a pickle or a piece of cake . It takes away any of the bite and after taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Imagine if Russia sent billions of dollars in weapons to the Mexican drug cartels, encouraged them to attack the US with these weapons, then called it an invasion when the US military decided to disarm the threat.
    Maybe I won't have to imagine this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Just yet more proof that the regulation authorities approved this shit because Pfizer said “Trust us”
    Almost everything is redacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You seem to think that this study is somehow significant against the 40 years of The Literature that demonstrates that masks are ineffective in stopping the transmission of viral disease. Or are you just pissed that I posted this link? Maybe that's it.
    As already explained, my comments are only regarding the singular article that you posted, not the entire usefulness of masks debate as a whole. Thank you for allowing us to to review this well researched rebuttal of the original research. I now realize you would prefer that the merits of the article not be discussed. I'm sorry, I didn't understand the clearly defined rules before. Am I now to assume that your most recent post reflects your current thoughts, or do these thoughts simply reflect something to think about that you may or may not agree with? You will have to pardon my confusion, just trying to understand the rules here. If so these are your thoughts that we may comment on, where does this "40 years of literature" come from? Is this the reason why surgical masks were rarely used during surgeries and why isolation protocols used in hospitals rarely involved putting on a mask when treating patients for influenza (before COVID)? If so, I can't wait for the upcoming resistance towards soap in the future.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    This is what pisses me off the most about the mask situation. Targeting children is not acceptable, but it's exactly what's being done. Talk about your mass formation psychosis; the brainwashing and shaming of children over a stupid fucking mask will have adverse effects for a very long time.
    That's one of the points. They are reconditioning these children to become future soldier karens in their "Pussy New World".