starting strength gym
Page 1995 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 99514951895194519851993199419951996199720052045209524952995 ... LastLast
Results 19,941 to 19,950 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Governor DeSantis tells students to take their masks off
    Governor DeSantis tells students to take their masks off - YouTube
    To an earlier point, Gilead must have minions.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Any idea wtf Pelosi is doing with her bony fists at around 8 seconds in?

STATE OF THE UNION MEME EDITION - YouTube
    Rubbing a rabbit’s foot? Wait until PETA finds out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This video has not, and will not age well.

CRP seems very comfortable with the motives of the Russians and their invasion of Ukraine, but very out of touch with the Ukrainian people who do not want to be "captured" and placed under the control of a puppet regime. I'm pretty sure every Ukrainian who received a weapon understands that they are now a combatant, and more than willing to wear that badge in defense of their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Can confirm; on our trip to Montenegro my wife could understand the Serbian that they were speaking, but could not speak it herself. On my visa run to Kiev in '17 I could understand the Ukrainian but could not speak it. And the aashole Ukrainian workers in government offices pretended that they couldn't understand my Russian!
    The first part of what you describe is a little different, what you are describing is similarity between languages in the Slavic family. What I meant was more like introducing slightly different word forms which nobody uses and everybody finds alien, then pretty much mandating that you have to use the made up language so as not to be like the other Slav with whom you have 99 percent intelligibility and with whom you used to share a country until two years ago. This creates confusion among the speakers, even a strange synthetic kind of linguistic nationalism, hence your experience at the border. An old form of psyop really.

Quote Originally Posted by rkjohns1 View Post
    CRP seems very comfortable with the motives of the Russians and their invasion of Ukraine, but very out of touch with the Ukrainian people who do not want to be "captured" and placed under the control of a puppet regime. I'm pretty sure every Ukrainian who received a weapon understands that they are now a combatant, and more than willing to wear that badge in defense of their country.
    He was only visiting Kiev, not the country as a whole. He lives in Kharkiv. His kids are there. His wife is Ukrainian.

You guys act like this is the Battle of Stalingrad or some shit. The weapon distribution is obviously for propaganda purposes, and it's remarkable that you would not acknowledge this.

How did the Ukrainian people feel in 2014 after the CIA overthrew the government and put in a bunch of WWII cosplayers in charge?

Why have the Russians not killed thousands of Ukrainians? Or are you saying that they have?

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Still waiting for you to explain why we should care about Ukrainian and Russian brothers killing each other? I'm genuinely curious to hearing the arguments for this. Or, did I miss your post? There must be some obvious strategic US interest in this otherwise we wouldn't be force-fed the news coverage we are seeing, correct? So, what is it?

Also, haven't seen your post showing how "members of this board are hypocrites". Did I miss that post too?

BTW, I read that the Ukrainian government (while it's still around) is taking foreign recruits to help repel the Russian invasion. If you are so enraged, you can can make much more of a difference by heading to Poland, then Ukraine to pick up some arms and fight. Godspeed to you, sir.
    I already gave you your answer. Please allow me to paraphrase my previous post#19841 (COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events). Simply put, you don't have to care and I have no desire to make you care. However, this does not explain why you decided to give your input regarding my previous post regarding my response to a different poster refusing to call this an invasion from post #19827. That was the post you were clearly responding to. Note the date from that post was from 2/27/22, clearly after the invasion began. You later responded stating that you do not care about either Russia or Ukraine and stated that your prior questions were "rhetorical". Maybe you misused the word "rhetorical", but here is the definition"

asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.
    Did it occur to you that the reason I responded the way I did was because I knew you were making an attempt at grandstanding? What you don't want to answer is why did you initially respond to my previous post (where I was responding to a different poster) asking a question and demanding answers to a completely unrelated statement? I will try to leave other posters names out of this as I am addressing you, but there were several posts since where other posters have tried to lessen the reality of what was going on, stating things such as "they received a email from a guy who said that no conflict was going on", and even more recently downplaying the number of deaths of civilians who were killed in the conflict. As another poster put it, these are likely statements that are not going to age well. That is the summary of our discussions so far. My only question for you is why do you feel entitled answers from me regarding statements I have made to completely separate topics that you were asking?

Here is why I care about the conflict. First, it is completely hypocritical for anyone to claim they are against tyranny and support Putin. Putin is tyranny and that goes far beyond the current conflict. But in regards to the current conflict I remember that last time a fella kept taking over territories in Europe and conducted large scale genocide. Let's just say it did not go well to say the least. Ukraine could be the modern day equivalent of Czechoslovakia. That other fella had his reasons as well for his actions, but no one wanted to stop him because they didn't want another war and the longer we neglected this the larger the problem became. What makes this even worse today is the current madman is literally threatening the use of nuclear weapons against those who oppose him. That concerns me, but as I said previously, I am not asking you to care. If you don't, please go about your day as I don't care to convince you.

As far as anyone stating that Putin may have valid reasons for his actions, I am certain you could have said the same thing about Osama Bin Laden regarding the flying of some planes into a few buildings. Do you know what negates any points he ever had? The flying of some fucking planes into a few buildings. Russia attacked Ukraine unprovoked. Any points they may have had are now invalid. Thousands of people are going to die and have died as the result of this attack. How many regular citizens who were a week ago waking up, going to work and raising their children are now being displaced as they become refugees in another country that is not their home? Once again, you don't have to care and I am not asking you to. What childhood trauma would you perceive to be worse, having your child endure wearing a mask in school, or having their fucking home exploded and family being displaced or dead? If we are so concerned about "the children" and standing up threatening violence at school board meetings for having to wear a mask, how can people support Putin/Russia for what they have done. Is the tyranny of wearing a mask worse then the tyranny of genocide? Also, yes, that was rhetorical. Once again, I'm not asking you to care and you have a valid option not to. What happens if Russia/Putin follow through with their threat to start using nuclear weapons? Will you care? What happens if one of those nuclear weapons is used to attack your country? Will you care and if so, will you people still be supporting Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    I understand Oliver Stone's approach to film-making can be (is usually?) biased, but I watched his "Ukraine on Fire" doco yesterday on Vimeo and it provided some decent background - or at least some counter-balance to the current mainstream propaganda. The video has been deleted in the last 24 hours - unless I'm mistaken.

While I would agree that downloading stuff for free is theft, when it is the only way to access and hear certain 'unacceptable views' , I'm not sure what the alternatives are.
    As of now, it's on Tubi for free.

starting strength coach development program
    My Trip From Kiev to Kharkov Last Night (Birthday Stream) - YouTube

This CRP stuff is so entertaining. He explains his recent train trip across Ukraine after getting kicked out of his hotel because all the Russian TV stations are playing an edit of his rants to make him look like a rank Putin Propagandist sitting in the middle of Kiev. Now that is one hell of an adventure.

To those who believe this is, in fact, a bunch of propaganda: so what if it were? It's a million times more entertaining than the slop your side throws to the masses.