starting strength gym
Page 2042 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 10421542194219922032204020412042204320442052209221422542 ... LastLast
Results 20,411 to 20,420 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Are you not infringing intellectual properly law? Epoch Times is a drop kick of a publication, but does that mean that some folk would use this method say here on Starting Strength to access premium content? You know about this Mark?
    12ft ladder is just an easy way to access Google's public cache for a site.

Methods like bypass-paywalls and using your browser's reader mode merely alter how a page is locally rendered. A web page is just a source file with mark-up language and some executable code, all a browser really does is request this source file along with any assets it refers to (i.e. images or video or whatever) and then executes the code (locally) and renders the page (locally). For sites where these paywall bypass methods work, they're sending you all of the page's content with your initial request; your browser is just rendering it in a way that visually obscures some of the page's content. You're free to render the site however you please (merely choosing a web browser is making such a choice). Content that requires authentication to access cannot be accessed in this way.

To demonstrate, I can make a request to the server to that shitty Epoch Times page and simply get the source, which as you'll see contains the entire article's content: Pastery - The sweetest pastebin in the world!How can it be illegal if they're voluntarily giving you the content when you ask for it?

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    How can it be illegal if they're voluntarily giving you the content when you ask for it?
    This is actually a bitterly disputed point of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    The fact that a 90 year old woman in assisted living got covid during the peak of the "pandemic", and still survived, should be proof enough that this virus is anything but lethal. I wonder what people say when you tell them that story. There weren't even vaccines in 2020.
    And the 117 year old nun.

117-year-old French nun survives COVID-19 - YouTube

As an aside, China reported 2 COVID deaths last year. Can anyone reconcile this with the numbers elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Penn swimmer Lia Thomas becomes first trans athlete to win national championship - Sports Illustrated

I find it weird that women went out on their huge women’s rights March (or whatever that was) after trump was elected, then the “metoo” bull shit (that may have had some legitimacy) yet none of them protest about a man competing and completely dominating in a D1 women’s sport and winning first place, which is basically asserting male physical dominance over women under the guise of “transgender rights”. CNN didn’t report it that way so “nothing to see here” 🐑

Although I wonder: does that dude still have a penis?
    I forgot which network it was, but not only were they not questioning the swimmer's status, etc., they said he was "very close to the records held by" some of the better known female swimmers. "We will be watching intently for that."

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    As an aside, China reported 2 COVID deaths last year. Can anyone reconcile this with the numbers elsewhere?
    This is the least interesting point in China’s Covid policy. I find it much more interesting how they always seem to have outbreaks exclusively in port cities, followed by lockdowns that seem designed to make delivering goods to the West either really hard or impossible, thus creating long term supply chain issues leading to global inflation. That must be a roundabout way to bolster the nascent EU Empire.

The "EU Empire"'s ass. These fucking morons are far less organized that we are, and we are fucked:

The Dominance Of The U.S. Dollar Is Fading Right Before Our Eyes

As I noted to Andy Schectman in a recent podcast, our quality of life in the United States and our nation’s entire economy is an elephant balancing, on one leg, on the toothpick of the U.S. dollar’s reserve status.

Our quality of life relies solely in our unique ability to import the goods and services that we use and need on a daily basis, while exporting US dollars. We’ve been able to print trillions of U.S. dollars into existence over the last couple of years - monetary policy that is anything but sound, regardless of whether or not your currency has global reserve status – because of the luxuries afforded to us by the dollar’s global reserve status.

But this reserve status, and the $30 trillion in debt we have accrued and convinced ourselves we will never have to pay, quickly go from being long-term liabilities that we can theoretically ignore to current liabilities that we must address if the dollar is ever legitimately challenged.
    And yet cancelling fashionably distasteful pieces of history is gleefully pursued by -- apparently -- everybody on both sides:

Yuri Gagarin's name censored from Space Symposium conference - Rebel News

The first man in space, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, has been stripped of his honours by the Space Foundation, which censored his name “in light of current world events.”

The organization, which runs its annual Space Symposium conference in Colorado Springs, sees attendance of top-level representatives from the international space community, including 160 space companies, 100 speakers, and thousands of participants.

In a now-deleted note, highlighted by Futurism, the Space Foundation said that it was removing Yuri Gagarin’s name from its annual “Yuri’s Night” and replacing it with “A Celebration of Space: Discover What’s Next” at the conference.

“The focus of this fundraising event remains the same — to celebrate human achievements in space while inspiring the next generation to reach for the stars,” the deleted note stated.

The move was made in solidarity with Ukrainian people amid Russia’s “special military operation” in the country, and perhaps a “need to do something,” as several other organizations and corporations have done in recent weeks. Earlier this month, the International Cat Federation banned Russian cats from participating in its international competitions, calling the attack on Ukraine an “unprecedented act of aggression.”
    The worst people are in charge of the worst period in recent history. The worst President -- and in fact possibly the worst leader in human history, except possibly Nero, or Caligula, who might have been lied about -- is in the process of gleefully destroying the American economy to appease the stupidest 20% of the most stupid electorate in the history of this country. We deserve it. We are on the way out, and you guys had better make plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    A while back I read George Friedman's book The Next 100 Years, which detailed various factors that may come into play in determining global hegemony. One of the takeaways was that, historically, the entity that controls the trade routes is the global hegemon. The US, via geography, has border access to the two major global shipping lanes (the Pacific and Atlantic oceans), and due to the size and scale of the US Navy, has enjoyed unchallenged control of the trade routes.

Contrast that to the EU, which really doesn't even have a naval fleet, and it's hard to imagine them as the next great empire. Add to that the demographic decline and lack of national identity and it's even less likely.

If anything China is poised to fill that role, however it's just as likely that global hegemony is coming to an end, and we'll see a multilateral split, likely between anglo countries (US, UK, Canada, Aus), the EU, and Russia/China/India/Iran.
    Numerous folk have tried to restart the the old roman empire all the way from Charlemagne to the Kaiser and Hitler, but Putin it appears has accelerated the process again by his aggression in Ukraine, all the EU needs now to complete the process is a leader. Of course behind all this is the Holy Roman Church who desperately want to regain the power they once had when Constantine gave the Church political power.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    12ft ladder is just an easy way to access Google's public cache for a site.

Methods like bypass-paywalls and using your browser's reader mode merely alter how a page is locally rendered. A web page is just a source file with mark-up language and some executable code, all a browser really does is request this source file along with any assets it refers to (i.e. images or video or whatever) and then executes the code (locally) and renders the page (locally). For sites where these paywall bypass methods work, they're sending you all of the page's content with your initial request; your browser is just rendering it in a way that visually obscures some of the page's content. You're free to render the site however you please (merely choosing a web browser is making such a choice). Content that requires authentication to access cannot be accessed in this way.

To demonstrate, I can make a request to the server to that shitty Epoch Times page and simply get the source, which as you'll see contains the entire article's content: Pastery - The sweetest pastebin in the world!How can it be illegal if they're voluntarily giving you the content when you ask for it?
    Yes I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I can't really go into details here since it would take too long, but everything you say is the opposite of the truth. This is because you are relying on the mainstream propaganda to guide you in your thinking. Everything you read or watch on TV is a lie wal.
    Then give me a your succinct opinion on the events in the Ukraine. What do you see will be the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Then give me a your succinct opinion on the events in the Ukraine. What do you see will be the outcome?
    Russia gets a third or a half of what is now the Ukraine, the rest of the bullied (“third”) world joins in the new Chinese dominated trading block, Western Europe enters a severe crisis resulting in the possible break up of the EU, China comes in and buys up the healthy segments of the EU economy.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is the least interesting point in China’s Covid policy. I find it much more interesting how they always seem to have outbreaks exclusively in port cities, followed by lockdowns that seem designed to make delivering goods to the West either really hard or impossible, thus creating long term supply chain issues leading to global inflation. That must be a roundabout way to bolster the nascent EU Empire.
    My friend needed to import many assembly parts for a product he will be releasing on mass in Israel. Apart from shipping rates going up, the normal factories that he would use for sourcing are not as reliable with supplying demand as they used to be. He is finding it harder to import products from China. Something that was a rather easy thing to do 2 years ago. He is now considering Turkey for his current project.