starting strength gym
Page 2089 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 10891589198920392079208720882089209020912099213921892589 ... LastLast
Results 20,881 to 20,890 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know, wal. I don't have any religious principles, so the whole argument is silly to me. Apparently you don't have any that you wouldn't suspend either.
    I believe this troll is referring to the unwillingness of the medical community to give a transplanted organ to someone unwilling to take all measures to make sure the transplant succeeds, which is ridiculous in this case. This is a father trying to give a kidney to his son. It’s not like the kidney could possibly go to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    Also, please read the actual study and not some synopsis from a right wing website. Did you look at the actual study? First, this study was not designed to answer that question. But look at the actual numbers. Each of the groups (combine Moderna/Pfizer group) and Placebo group had ~37K participants each. The total difference between the two groups number of cardiovascular deaths was 5 people (16 deaths for the vaccine & 11 for the placebo). Is this what you are getting worked up about?
    I didn't read the study as I'm catching up after a few days but if what I'm quoting is accurate, then yes. 16 deaths to 11 is worth getting worked up about as it's almost a 50% increase on baseline mortality. That is very much worth getting worked up about.

Also as an aside, thank you for posting Sainame, it's good to see some fresh names in this thread after 2,000 pages, especially ones taking a contrarian stance despite the empirical evidence of the last 2 years. It's nice to have someone that isn't Wal with his particularly unique brand of queensland flavoured frustrating contrarianism.

By the way, Sainame, actual medical doctors don’t typically brag about their licensure by the state.

Cool. I'm not a surgeon, but with broad generalizations such as these you would appear to be suggesting that this boy who is in need of a kidney transplant probably shouldn't get one regardless of COVID. Since you appear to believe the entire medical community is a joke, I guess he would be better off on his own. Perhaps he can squat his way out of kidney failure?
    Just answer this one question. Should a surgeon be forced to take on unnecessary risks for a surgery, simply because the patient requested it and decided not to comply with what he deemed as best practice?
    So Pfizer and Moderna can get immunity to liability for their uninformed consent pseudo-vaccines, but a guy wanting to give a kidney to his son can't sign a liability waver specific to post-op complications from COVID-19? Is that how the system works? Or are you telling me they are so concerned with the father's risk of post-op infection that they are willing to risk his own son's life over it? This is all manner of fucked up that you simply cannot untangle.

The problem isn't doctors, per se. The problem is System Pigs, like yourself, who also happen to be doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is very strange, especially since spring is on. Was there a pronouncement or something? Is Fauci on TV again?
    Yes, the local news and state media keep talking about new outbreaks and variants, and fauchi is still yammering on about more lockdowns. Costco and the other big stores here are back to employee masking, but so far not for customers.

Also, I saw some disturbing videos from Shanghai, where the entire city of 28 million people have been under a complete lockdown for over a week. They can't even leave their dwellings to get food from what I understand.

Denninger has written a follow up to an article of his that you had questions about: The Fascinating Self-Immolation Of Europe in [Market-Ticker]
    One of his more important insights:

Europe has collectively painted itself into a corner. Yes, I get it that the Euro has profoundly benefited from trade sequestration of Euros in these transactions just as we have in the United States with trade sequestration as a result of parties using dollars. But the actions of all the nations aligned against Russia have made clear that in all future trade transactions the only logical currency for a seller to insist on payment in is that of the selling party's national currency, whatever that may be.

This in turn means that the sequestration we have all abused is over. The magnitude and speed of repatriation of those sequestered funds is in some question; certainly sanctions can essentially "freeze" those amounts on an indefinite basis (provided you're willing to maintain the sanctions) but the pattern of the last three decades has been ruptured and there is no reason to believe it will return. In addition the machinations of the IMF including, if you remember, the "SDR" scheme much talked about during the crash of '08/09 (funny how that hasn't gotten much press over the last five or so years, isn't it?) is dead as well since the only currency that cannot be impounded via sanctions for a given seller is that which the selling entity is domiciled in.

I've noted many times that this distortion, which we and the EU have wildly taken advantage of, has been present for the last 30 or so years and has led to a declining channel in interest rates across the entire western world and its set of dominant currencies.

That pattern was enabled by -- and only by -- the trade sequestration of funds which prevented that credit emission from immediately reflecting back into consumer prices, otherwise known as inflation.

This is very strange, especially since spring is on. Was there a pronouncement or something? Is Fauci on TV again?
    Yeah, he's going the reverse psychology avenue now.
    Fauci says it's now up to Americans to assess their own COVID-19 risk

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I didn't read the study as I'm catching up after a few days but if what I'm quoting is accurate, then yes. 16 deaths to 11 is worth getting worked up about as it's almost a 50% increase on baseline mortality. That is very much worth getting worked up about.
    Sorry, if those numbers are accurate, it is statistically indistinguishable. The comparison is 16/37,000 to 11/37,000. My brain is not functional enough to tell you what that is..

In any case, yes, we all want to know how a surgeons risk goes up by transplanting a healthy organ from a donor who hasn’t been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Sorry, if those numbers are accurate, it is statistically indistinguishable. The comparison is 16/37,000 to 11/37,000. My brain is not functional enough to tell you what that is..
    Yes, relative risk vs. absolute risk.

In any case, yes, we all want to know how a surgeons risk goes up by transplanting a healthy organ from a donor who hasn’t been vaccinated.
    Not me. I just don't care about the surgeon. Let him learn about ivermectin, finally.

__________________________________________________ _________

And far more important, along the lines of my last post: Ukraine: A new battle in the old war of the “New Normal” – OffGuardian

After all, the facts really aren’t complicated. Russia’s recent invasion, far from being “unprovoked” (as shamelessly claimed in mainstream media), follows eight years of the US-backed Ukrainian regime’s deadly shelling of ethnic Russians near the border of Russia itself, in fighting that has killed more than 13,000 civilians in territory Vladimir Putin’s administration pledged to protect long ago.

And that carnage had a fairly obvious cause, too: it was precipitated by the US-supported coup that toppled Ukraine’s elected government in 2014, ostensibly because of human rights abuses but more fundamentally because that government had refused to convert the former Soviet republic into a vassal state of NATO.

The machinations resulting in what is now called the “Maidan coup” destroyed Ukraine’s neutrality between Russia and the West, unleashing in its stead a violent and bigotednationalist movement for which the inhabitants of the Don River basin, mostly ethnic Russians, have been paying with their lives ever since.

That much should be clear to all unbiased readers – like the fact that NATO’s relentless march toward the Russian border (in direct violation of U.S. officials’ promise to Russian leadership as far back as 1990) is the real story of “aggression” behind the manufactured outrage over the Russian “attack” on Ukraine.

But I want to emphasize a different point: that the war hysteria seething in the mainstream press isn’t just about demonizing Vladimir Putin or about dragging the West into another Cold War.

I think we need to focus on its less obvious purpose.

In a very real sense, this propaganda campaign is an extension of the lockdowns imposed on the populations of the Western “democracies” (I add the quotation marks mournfully but advisedly) in early 2020 – and of the attacks on the freedoms of their citizens for which COVID-19 is no longer as sturdy a pretext as it seemed to be two years ago. For most of us, that is really its primary significance.

In other words, the agenda underlying the new Cold War – and mind you, it’s already a pretty hot “cold war” when Atlantic Magazine, formerly a storehouse of liberal antiwar pieties, is chiding the US for not being sufficiently “bloody and brutal” in Ukraine – is not aimed at Russia (despite the US-led economic warfare that mainly targets blameless Russian citizens). It’s not even aimed at Ukraine (notwithstanding obvious US efforts to exacerbate the conflict by flooding the country with weapons).

The real target is us. And whatever news we see from Ukraine in the mainstream press – now, tomorrow, a month from now, whenever – that’s one point we mustn’t forget.