starting strength gym
Page 2105 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11051605200520552095210321042105210621072115215522052605 ... LastLast
Results 21,041 to 21,050 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Yes and when you buy one you get 12 months of Twitter Blue for free. However you need to consider that the battery packs that run these cars have only a certain amount of recharge cycles and if you don't crash it the battery replacement cost will more than pay for a Dodge Challenger fuels costs for 20 years. And I would rather the sound of a V8!
    No arguments here. And Ticker makes some pretty good arguments that batteries are blood-red, not green. Almost like conflict-mineral matter.

But the silence allows him to contemplate the essence of Newton’s laws, just as his rockets experience them in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Anyone who is not cynical at this level is a fool.
    I thought that was probably it, but thanks for clarifying.

Sure, professor.

You people have lied to us at every step of this two-year process -- you science-types and the government bureaucrats and your media. A simple breath test is far too easy to administer, too cheap, and too non-invasive to cause anybody to object to it. We will later discover that it actually administers a substance/device/process that will be a very bad deal for lots of stupid people. Like the "vaccines" but no needles. Or some brand new use for the information obtained, which may have nothing to do with Covid at all.

Anyone who is not cynical at this level is a fool. See what you've done?
    Whaf if this breath test gets handed over to the police? Could it be used the same way the alcohol test is? You test positive, you get a fine, and get quarantined? Imagine if police could just stop you right now and give you a random rapid antigen test

So Twitter board of directors are attempting to commit seppuku instead of be bought out by Elon Musk. Am I understanding this situation correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I thought that was probably it, but thanks for clarifying.
    You already know this is valid criticism:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    Or some brand new use for the information obtained, which may have nothing to do with Covid at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    It's far too easy.
    As you know, GC-MS is a very flexible and powerful technique, applied everywhere from basic chemistry to precision medicine. It can detect a wide range of analytes (maybe on par with a urine test in terms of information gleaned) and all you need to do is update the software configuration. Indeed, the manufacturer originally marketed their device for opioids and cannabinoids, and just recently pivoted to SARS-CoV-2.

It's not ethical to deploy powerful sensors and algorithms without consideration of potential nefarious uses. Or informed consent, since the measurement's easiness belies its power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Putin has turned his back on the communist experiment, and our leadership and it's corporate overlords are full-blown communist because it suits their agenda.

THIS is the real reason Americans (and the world) are programmed to hate Putin.

But there's more. As Nicholas has pointed out, Putin is a Russian orthodox leader and I now better understand what that means. He is ALL about building a civilizational state...turning very deliberately away from the secularized version of globalism that it was under with the soviet union and turning back to its cultural roots. There isn't a Russia without orthodoxy. Putin thinks in this way.

He's not going to be in favor of women ministers...or recognizing LGBTQ rights, etc in the same way the west does. Putin insists on a public traditional morality....like Stalin.

This is what the west means by regime change. The west wants to get rid of that traditional culture and install it's own progressive secularism. Ukraine is precisely the playbook for the West's plans for Russia. This puts Putin and 83% of Russians in a nothing to lose position...not gonna happen. Russia is all in now, so the gloves are off. Russia is already threatening to drop some truth bombs regarding our trips to the moon, 911, JFK assassination, etc...our global network of biolabs is just the start. Perhaps the East will force an American Glasnost; we sure need one.

If you are of eastern orthodoxy, you experience the west as something that hates you because it doesn't understand you. Russia is a catholic civilization that doesn't have a papal. I did not know that.

It is a real civilization conflict here, and it's not going away. Russia and China are strange bedfellows, but they understand each other. They are all about their civilizations. Same thing with India...a very very old civilization that goes back centuries before the bible. These nations aren't going to adopt the west's progressive secularism. This is a very traditional way of thinking, and we have lost this in the west.

In my opinion, the east is going to destroy western progressive secularism for us. We just have to survive the struggle and then rebuild based on our traditions.

Much of the above thinking comes from Dr. Joseph Farrell. Perhaps it's obvious to most of you; it wasn't to me.

Putin is to Russia
    as
    Trump is to the USA.
    And, we are programmed to hate both because they are threats to globalist progressive secularism.

Check out Mathew Eherets' work. You will probably connect with it well considering your acceptance to this compelling narrative you elucidate above.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Whaf if this breath test gets handed over to the police? Could it be used the same way the alcohol test is? You test positive, you get a fine, and get quarantined? Imagine if police could just stop you right now and give you a random rapid antigen test
    Yeah. That kind of shit.

Yeah. That kind of shit.
    We should just respond by giving them a Random Rapid Antibullshit Response Test. That might get their attention. They might need to visit a proctologist afterwards, however.

How bout when license plate cameras and computers are primed with data on vax status, political affiliation, ESG rating, etc??

Police cars already have them, and many communities are putting up stationary cameras, "to help protect the citizens."

Not too far of a leap it seems to me, to further use all the data/profiles being collected on us, against us.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    It's not ethical to deploy powerful sensors and algorithms without consideration of potential nefarious uses. Or informed consent, since the measurement's easiness belies its power.
    This is obviously true...even to Them (or maybe it Us, since I'm apparently one of Them...I don't know.)
    Consideration of nefarious uses and consent is warranted...paranoia and panic attacks, not so much.