starting strength gym
Page 2112 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11121612201220622102211021112112211321142122216222122612 ... LastLast
Results 21,111 to 21,120 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Which is the greater evil: sending young conscripts with little or no training into a war to be killed or having their identity taken when they are killed?
    Why don't we just say they're both shitty things to do? One doesn't nullify the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    RFK, Jr on Pharmaceutial companies - Felony as a business model - 2 minutes

"Merck knew [Vioxx] caused heart attacks and killed people, and they didn't tell anybody... Vaccines are the only place they can never get caught, because it's illegal in this country to sue a vaccine company."
    I agree with all of this. So don’t get me wrong. It breaks my heart because scientists at pharma companies are actually really driven by science and are earnest in their work (of course there will be exceptions.) they are heads down geeking out. However when marketing and business takes over, things change.

I was fortunate to work for a startup biotech (actually a couple) that was heavily invested in trying to find therapeutics for diseases that molecular biology might help solve. We were bought by Bristol Myers Squibb and while they left us alone for a while, it eventually changed. Only research that might lead to a marketable product was acceptable. I was there as an associate scientist for almost a decade before I left for another biotech startup (which was bought by Sanofi).

But man, the start up days were amazing. Going into work every day to work on something you hoped mattered. It was a hotbed of thinking.

But even when BMS took over, the scientists were only about research, but when marketing started driving things it got sad .

A side note: we were at the forefront of the HIV crisis. Every single scientist in this company laughed at and hated Fauci.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Are you serious? There's money to be made.
    For the love of filthy lucre man will do anything even selling weapons to his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I had really hoped that human civilization had evolved beyond endless wars. I guess I was wrong.

Unfuckingbelievable...
    It is not about evolution, it is a matter of human nature which if you have read anything about history you would see we are basically evil.

sending young conscripts with little or no training into a war to be killed or having their identity taken when they are killed
    Such measures would be justified if the war were existential to Russia. And what you don't seem to understand is that it is existential to Russia. Globohomo will consume Russia, fill it with immigrants, and then forget about whatever is left of her like a whore locked in the closet.

Contemporary Western conquest is passive-aggressive and subversive. They self-righteously walk into your house like they own the place, then get offended when you suggest they leave. They poison you with anal sex and gender confusion until you become degenerate and stupid enough to believe anything they say. That's the side you've been supporting by shilling for the vagzine, state power, and the deep state's puppet regime in Kiev.

Which is the greater evil?
    The greater evil is indulging in the obscene exploitation of ordinary dead soldiers. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I'll never get that time back.
    Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    A side note: we were at the forefront of the HIV crisis. Every single scientist in this company laughed at and hated Fauci.
    It is taking me a long time to get through RFK Jr’s book on Fauci, partly because I thought the AIDS/HIV history would be boring. I was wrong. If even half of what RFK writes is accurate, it is hard to come up with adjectives for how profoundly evil the poison gnome is. A true monster.

Have you read the book? If so, can you comment on accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Why don't we just say they're both shitty things to do? One doesn't nullify the other.
    CF it has gone past shitty a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Such measures would be justified if the war were existential to Russia. And what you don't seem to understand is that it is existential to Russia. Globohomo will consume Russia, fill it with immigrants, and then forget about whatever is left of her like a whore locked in the closet.

Contemporary Western conquest is passive-aggressive and subversive. They self-righteously walk into your house like they own the place, then get offended when you suggest they leave. They poison you with anal sex and gender confusion until you become degenerate and stupid enough to believe anything they say. That's the side you've been supporting by shilling for the vagzine, state power, and the deep state's puppet regime in Kiev.
    AC your views are of course in line with Patriarch Kirill who blessed this holy crusade to re-take the holy city of Kiev. Don't think the Muslims alone have their holy wars. Putin way back in 2007 established Russkii mir, to push forward the idea to Russianize the world, but more importantly to bring back those reprobate Ukrainians and their mongrel perversion of the Russian language to the pure Russian language and culture and to rid Ukraine of that affront to Russian Orthodoxy the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. AC the greatest evil here is when "religion" puts on a mask of light and purports to lead men to life when in fact leads them to death and destruction, Should innocent men women and children be sent their deaths because of this religious monstrosity?

The only thing that will consume Russia is its war with its self.

"And we will preserve you, Russian speech,
    The great Russian word.
    We will keep you free and pure,
    And pass you on to our grandchildren,
    free from bondage forever!"
    – Anna Akhmatova

And what you don't seem to understand is that it is existential to Russia.
    This is what the Western perspective is deliberately ignoring. Russia didn't make the decision to go to war lightly, even if their logic doesn't make sense to most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    Page after page after page of disorganized writing pinning big, broad conclusions to small bits of data from very artificial systems or models without regard to whether it makes any sense in vivo. I've read better papers from undergraduate students.

starting strength coach development program

If the war in Ukraine is existential to Russia, what is it to Ukraine? The second half of your statement reads like you are incapable of completing a thought.