starting strength gym
Page 2116 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11161616201620662106211421152116211721182126216622162616 ... LastLast
Results 21,151 to 21,160 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    You could (and should) easily include America on that list. Also, the approval for Kim Jong Un is more likely associated with rallying around the flag after they were invaded by another country who has killed millions of their people and displacing tens of millions more as they lay waste to entire civilian populations and are flattening many cities. The same phenomenon is happening in 2022 with Dear Leader Zelensky.
    I guess we will just have to take your word for it.

We have to thank Sainame for reminding us of the time George W. Bush forcefully conscripted millions of Americans under the threat of death, jailed all Democrats and required all journalists to read from scripts provided by the CIA.
    I remember the famines, the poverty, the death and the realistic threat of nuclear annihilation, all on US soil, but everyone supported George Bush anyway.

It happened exactly the same way as it is in Ukraine.
    You are all conspiracy theorists if you don't remember it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I doubt there is anyone on this earth more sure of their moral superiority than Western cultural imperialists.
    Seconded many times over.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    You could (and should) easily include Russia on that invaded by another country who is killing tens of thousands of their people...
    Where do you guys get this count? I see others mentioning it. The UN has confirmed less than 3000 civilian casualties so far. Even if we consider their estimates to be extremely conservative, this is a far cry from tens of thousands. I mean, if you want to get a clearer picture, the body count for a decade of war in Bosnia is 100-120k. We are talking about a war with dozens of large or small scale fronts, four or five sides, plus daily shelling of civilian targets like marketplaces or hospitals. Are you getting the tens of thousands from CNN or BBC? Very strange.

This is horrible to have to say, but since the individual no longer matters to Society, I think it's a good thing to cull the children of stupid people. Especially if their parents are in favor of doing so. It's best for the long-term health of Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is horrible to have to say, but since the individual no longer matters to Society, I think it's a good thing to cull the children of stupid people. Especially if their parents are in favor of doing so. It's best for the long-term health of Society.
    The social contract was voided when these things happened, and we pretended they didn't.
    https://twitter.com/realLizUSA/statu...24616149417984

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Where do you guys get this count? I see others mentioning it. The UN has confirmed less than 3000 civilian casualties so far. Even if we consider their estimates to be extremely conservative, this is a far cry from tens of thousands. I mean, if you want to get a clearer picture, the body count for a decade of war in Bosnia is 100-120k. We are talking about a war with dozens of large or small scale fronts, four or five sides, plus daily shelling of civilian targets like marketplaces or hospitals. Are you getting the tens of thousands from CNN or BBC? Very strange.

I had hoped that everyone actually watched that initial Ritter interview; I think I linked it here with timestamps before.
    Anyways, I know the typical cast of characters that you would expect have been really worried about civilian deaths and Putin's (still as of yet unrecorded!) war crimes, so check out a minute or two starting at about 43:18 of this initial Scott Ritter video:
    SCOTT RITTER MILITARY INTELLIGENCE EXPERT ON UKRAINE CONFLICT - YouTube

If our latest kook sainame actually thinks tens of thousands of Ukrainian civs are dead, and Putin is pursuing actual traditional war approaches, with the 1:1 Military Match calculation there should be tens of thousands of dead Russian soldiers to match those civilians.

So, what is it, sainame, are there fewer Russian military deaths because they're actually approaching this war lightly, or are there many, many times fewer Ukrainian civilian deaths? You're allowed your opinion towards Russia but you don't get to claim this is some novel, groundbreaking type of war that is defying all historical precedents with regards to civilian casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    Seconded many times over.

IPB

Agreed, anticausal that was a succint, witty summation! How unfortunate that you had to direct it at Wal, who was seemingly ignoring the unhealthy loosening of traditional practices in many Western churches as he ranted and raved about the Russian Orthodox Church. In no way am I unequivocally supporting the latter; rather I want you to know, Wal, that Russian society is in general traditional and conservative enough to keep out the Western cultural and military degeneracy without unholy alliances between church and state.

Just a thought, but isn't sending billions of dollars in cash and weapons to Ukraine an act of war against Russia?

Or how bout when FJB says "Putin Price Hike" blaming his own stupid policies which have resulted in massive inflation on a nuclear power which is currently at war with a non NATO nation?

Why is Ukraine more important than our southern border?

Can't Abbott call in the national guard to protect the border?

What am I missing here? I know the world is being run by a bunch of corrupt morons, but WTF??

I did recently see one of those old-timey public service broadcasts from the 70s that says in case of a nuclear attack, crouch under a desk and kiss your ass goodbye, or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Just a thought, but isn't sending billions of dollars in cash and weapons to Ukraine an act of war against Russia?
    We would interpret it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I guess we will just have to take your word for it.

We have to thank Sainame for reminding us of the time George W. Bush forcefully conscripted millions of Americans under the threat of death, jailed all Democrats and required all journalists to read from scripts provided by the CIA.
    I remember the famines, the poverty, the death and the realistic threat of nuclear annihilation, all on US soil, but everyone supported George Bush anyway.

It happened exactly the same way as it is in Ukraine.
    You are all conspiracy theorists if you don't remember it this way.
    FGB too. And his dad, and his mom, and Aleister Crowley...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    I had hoped that everyone actually watched that initial Ritter interview; I think I linked it here with timestamps before.
    Anyways, I know the typical cast of characters that you would expect have been really worried about civilian deaths and Putin's (still as of yet unrecorded!) war crimes, so check out a minute or two starting at about 43:18 of this initial Scott Ritter video:
    SCOTT RITTER MILITARY INTELLIGENCE EXPERT ON UKRAINE CONFLICT - YouTube
    If our latest kook sainame actually thinks tens of thousands of Ukrainian civs are dead, and Putin is pursuing actual traditional war approaches, with the 1:1 Military Match calculation there should be tens of thousands of dead Russian soldiers to match those civilians.
    People simply don't have a grasp of these things. For instance, the casualties on the famous landing on D-day amount to about 15.000 people. It is incredibly hard to kill tens of thousands of people unless you are bombing population centers from the air, and it is not easy even then.