starting strength gym
Page 2120 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 11201620202020702110211821192120212121222130217022202620 ... LastLast
Results 21,191 to 21,200 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's why I asked for a definition. Are "children" defined as 17-year-old gang members in Chicago? Because when most of us think of "children" we think of little kids. The BBC knows this, and writes their propaganda accordingly.
    I heard this reported on the radio this morning and the age range was 1 to 19 years.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBabs View Post
    I heard this reported on the radio this morning and the age range was 1 to 19 years.
    Of course! “Adult” is a social construct and fluid depending on the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    We need to get wal to resurrect Charlemagne as the next coming of Jesus in order to stop this I guess.
    You Europhiles will get your new leader, but it will not be Charlemagne or Jesus. Paul Henri Spaak has already told you many years ago.

"We do not want another committee, we have too many already. What we want is a man of sufficient stature to hold the allegiance of all people, and to lift us out of the economic morass into which we are sinking. Send us such a man, and be he god or devil, we will receive him."

And you know what he will be a god, I could tell you more, but I would have to delve into Bible prophecy and that would breach my agreement with Mark. Once this war in the Ukraine reaches its climax and all the Nato reluctants have joined up the Eurozone will be complete, all thanks to Putin.

That's why I asked for a definition. Are "children" defined as 17-year-old gang members in Chicago? Because when most of us think of "children" we think of little kids. The BBC knows this, and writes their propaganda accordingly.
    Some children lose their innocence way before 17. We have our own home grown urban terrorists who loot, burn and pillage under 10. I have seen these "children" roaming in gangs casing the streets looking for opportunities to steal and destroy, but you cannot touch them as they are under age. So what do you do with them, you put them in ward, but that is not politically correct especially these days.

Seems to me that if you shut down shipping out of Shanghai, with the rest of the world dependent on Chinese manufacturing you create supply shortages. There are probably people who know what shortages to create.
    Perhaps a good outcome for those counties dependent on Chinese manufacturing as we found out during the pandemic and consequently have started to reintroduce manufacturing back into Australia. We sent all our Co2 producing industries to China over the years and sold them the coal to make our washing machines, cars and junk. Little did we realize how foolish we became.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You need to consider that the "green folk" among us are wanting to limit the amount of Co2 which if any folk were in school in the 1950's would have learned that Co2 is plant food and that is what makes vegetation grow. We need more Co2 not less. As far as wheat production goes Australia has had record yield in 2021 and as far I understand it cereal crops use Co2, you know the stuff that spews out of coal fired generators.

Climate Change causes largest ever Australian wheat crop << JoNova
    You of all people should know that the political situation in Australia means it’s unlikely that we will have an excess of wheat crops in the next couple of years.

Re: The BBC article, I glanced at it so you don't have too. Obviously it's bullshit, if the URL didn't give it away, it links to this study:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

Key of which is that “children” is defined as anyone up to 19 years old. So yes a ton of gangbangers in Chicago that die from “firearm related” mortality.

Oh and just for lulz they let slip this gem “Covid-19 itself resulted in 0.2 deaths per 100,000 children and adolescents in 2020.

So you’d need 500,000 people up to the age of 19 to find one that died from Covid. Amazing.

“:Generational investments are being made in the prevention of firearm violence, including new funding opportunities from the CDC and the National Institutes of Health, and funding for the prevention of community violence has been proposed in federal infrastructure legislation. This funding momentum must be maintained.”

There’s the money shot. Gibs more of dat Fauci moneyz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Ok, I see. So since Krishna left earth about 5000 years ago and it won’t be Jesus, I guess it is the other team. I like it, you and me do see eye to eye then, in a very roundabout way.
    This is starting to sound Manichean. Very 3-4th century.

I'm struggling to understand your position here. You know that the Ukrainians have been shelling their own eastern provinces for years, which are civilian targets. I have said repeatedly that all the numbers are bullshit, and he said "Or to be more recent, the conflict in the Donbass has been going on for eight years and includes constant attacking of civilian targets. The UN estimates the number of civilian casualties at close to 3500, the Russians at 14.000. Meet these two estimates in the middle and you still fail to get tens of thousands." And he was questioning your death numbers. Please summarize your "thoughts" for us, instead of arguing pointlessly.
    Let's just say that there are thousands of confirmed civilian casualties from this war, but the actual numbers are not yet known. The number of confirmed civilian casualties is also a vast undercount from the number of actual civilian casualties. For instance, do we know the number of casualties from Mariupol alone? The city has been under constant attack and there are reports of 10-20K civilian casualties alone. Yes, these numbers may be inflated and no one knows the exact number of casualties as of now. What would you like to bet that this number is actually much higher than what is so far confirmed (which are the numbers you are reporting)? Also, the conflict in the Donbass region has a lot to do with Russia deciding to get their military involved. Russia is far from the savior of that region as people on here like to pretend. Regardless, what is your justification for Russia currently holding 100K Ukrainian civilians hostage in Mariupol and not allowing them to leave the city as they continue their bombing? Both sides have their faults, but Russia is the one that continues to escalate, and for what?

Here's what happens when a teeny tiny 28 kiloton nuke hits. This is twice as destructive as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nukes.

40 years ago, the Soviet Union had 100 Megaton nukes, or around 3600 times more destructive than this 1955 test.

Who knows what kind of shit they have planned for us now, but I'm sure it isn't going to be fun when the shit hits the fan.

Maybe if state media wasn't so fucking stupid they'd remember MAD and not be warmongering the way they are...

Nuclear Bomb Dropped on Village - 1950s Test - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    Let's just say that there are thousands of confirmed civilian casualties from this war, but the actual numbers are not yet known. The number of confirmed civilian casualties is also a vast undercount from the number of actual civilian casualties. For instance, do we know the number of casualties from Mariupol alone? The city has been under constant attack and there are reports of 10-20K civilian casualties alone. Yes, these numbers may be inflated and no one knows the exact number of casualties as of now. What would you like to bet that this number is actually much higher than what is so far confirmed (which are the numbers you are reporting)? Also, the conflict in the Donbass region has a lot to do with Russia deciding to get their military involved. Russia is far from the savior of that region as people on here like to pretend. Regardless, what is your justification for Russia currently holding 100K Ukrainian civilians hostage in Mariupol and not allowing them to leave the city as they continue their bombing? Both sides have their faults, but Russia is the one that continues to escalate, and for what?
    No, let's just say that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and yet you insist on talking about it anyway.