starting strength gym
Page 2124 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11241624202420742114212221232124212521262134217422242624 ... LastLast
Results 21,231 to 21,240 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Bruno is the Art Vandalay of the board. The dude pretends to be a nurse, hard core.
    I didn't realize that was Bruno, too funny! The Vandalay reference is gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    Here is a question for you Mark. I am not talking to the board, but I am talking to you, so it doesn't matter if you post this. Why is it that links to unverified, random youtube clips are posted routinely in here as undisputed facts without ever having any pushback? More importantly, in your mind, what makes information credible or not? Fact checking is no longer useful because there is a straight up denial of facts. In todays age anyone can set up a website and start posting whatever information they want, regardless of actual merit. It feels like you just want to agree with whatever information supports your views. How do you prevent yourself from being controlled by false narratives/propaganda in these nontraditional news sites just as you claim others are from the MSM? The above link is full of propaganda, but the board will just go with it because it supports your side.
    I know you were asking Mark directly but I hope you don’t mind me answering this part specifically:
    “Why is it that links to unverified, random youtube clips are posted routinely in here as undisputed facts without ever having any pushback?”

Short answer is that they are not, useless links are generally ignored. Most links go unreplied and unnoticed.

Long answer is that it’s called critical thinking, they are generally posted because they provide an alternative viewpoint to what we get. Having more points of view, especially well reasoned points of view based on logical principles and consequences allows you to have a more nuanced and deepened opinion.

For example the number of civilian deaths in Mariupol. If you watched CNN you’d have a single data point that “tens of thousands” were dead, so 20,000 to 100,000 which is a pretty big range.
    If you took in alternative view points that disputed that, using logical principles such as similar warfare killed X civilians in Y days. You’d have another side to the story, and you’d have a lower and upper bound to the number of civilian deaths. Then you’d be able to reason through asking questions such as “how are they dying” “who benefits from increased casualties” “what factors are in play that will increase/decrease” deaths “how likely are these factors to actually affect numbers” etc.
    This allows you to have a deeper and more well reasoned opinion about the issue. It may even lead you to the real question of critical thinking which is “Do I care about this enough to affect my thoughts/actions?”
    I don’t really believe you’ll understand this but it might be helpful for someone else reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    You do not have a medical license.

You are not conversant in basic cardiology.
    Sometimes the most basic rebuttals like this are the funniest to read.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Hey, anyone know what's up with the Waukesha mass murderer from last Christmas Eve?

How bout Juicy Smollett who was released from jail because his feelings were hurt?

Oh yeah, that guy who shot a little kid in the head while he was riding his bike? Crickets...

The subway "not a terrorist" story also disappeared quickly.

And on and on. There was actually an Al Sharpton race-baiting event here in MI this weekend.

They just can't stop trying to divide us into groups of people who without government actions would get along just fine together.
    The increasing pace of clown world is all part of the plan, the sheer amount of bullshit is a force in it’s own right. Demoralisation Destabilisation Crisis and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How America Became La La Land – PJ Media

Hanson's only error here is assigning any degree of agency to the person of Joe Biden. Otherwise, an excellent summary of the current administration.
    Mark you keep presenting this demise of the US ever since you folk lost Trump. You folk have no one else to blame but yourselves, you voted JB in so what did you expect? I thought that Texas of all the US states by now would have voted themselves out of the Union by now. If you are going to tell me that is not possible what about the Joint resolution of the Annexing of Texas in 1845? Did it not leave the door open to withdraw from the Union? Otherwise you folk are no more a sovereign state than we are down under.

In western Australia we're still on covid. Didn't even know there was a war going on.

My whole family got covid a couple of weeks ago Couldn't go to dad's funeral. Yes I know I could have gone but too many people knew. Anyway obviously my wife being double dosed survived and myself and my 3 year old both died a horrible death being unvaccinated.

Oh wait, I'm actually still alive and both my daughter and I celebrated our joint birthday on the 23rd(yes she was 13 days late to take over my birthday for the rest of my life). Sorry to disappoint some of you. There was not really any difference between my wife and I in terms of symptoms and our daughter was over it in a night.

It's ANZAC day today where we remember those who died for our freedoms in war and I honestly don't know what to think. It's like they died for nothing and I'm not even sure we were on the right side...

Our premier got covid and he's still alive too. His child got hospitalised for 3 days despite being fully vaccinated. I'm hoping that he may come to his senses now, though it's probably hoping in vain.

I'm at least glad I'll be able to get a 4 month exemption from vaccinations now. My work will probably be so mad that they won't be able to sack me. Though hopefully they pull the pin on me anyway so I can sue.

Wuhan Iab can delete data in ‘explosive’ legal agreement with U.S. lab - U.S. Right to Know

BioNTech annual report to the US Securities and Exchange Committee
    SEC Filing | BioNTech
    Page 6
    • We may not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID-19 vaccine and/or variant-specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union, or other countries where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval.
    • Significant adverse events may occur during our clinical trials or even after receiving regulatory approval, which could delay or terminate clinical trials, delay or prevent regulatory approval or market acceptance of any of
    our product candidates.
    -------------
    Nigeria blocks 73 million mobile numbers for security reasons - Cybersecurity Insiders

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    In western Australia we're still on covid. Didn't even know there was a war going on.

My whole family got covid a couple of weeks ago Couldn't go to dad's funeral. Yes I know I could have gone but too many people knew. Anyway obviously my wife being double dosed survived and myself and my 3 year old both died a horrible death being unvaccinated.

Oh wait, I'm actually still alive and both my daughter and I celebrated our joint birthday on the 23rd(yes she was 13 days late to take over my birthday for the rest of my life). Sorry to disappoint some of you. There was not really any difference between my wife and I in terms of symptoms and our daughter was over it in a night.

It's ANZAC day today where we remember those who died for our freedoms in war and I honestly don't know what to think. It's like they died for nothing and I'm not even sure we were on the right side...

Our premier got covid and he's still alive too. His child got hospitalised for 3 days despite being fully vaccinated. I'm hoping that he may come to his senses now, though it's probably hoping in vain.

I'm at least glad I'll be able to get a 4 month exemption from vaccinations now. My work will probably be so mad that they won't be able to sack me. Though hopefully they pull the pin on me anyway so I can sue.
    What a coincidence that Italy and Australia/New Zeland (and Portugal too) have the same day for Liberation Day, for three different events as well (WW1, WW2, Carnation Revolution).

AND our prime minister also got covid.
    Of course no one in the MSM mentioned the irony of it, and the old fuck had the best treatment he could get, apparently.
    Has every prime minister/president who advocated for vaccines/vaccine passports got covid?
    I found this for 2020
    • Chart: World Leaders Who Contracted Covid-19 | Statista
    We also got Draghi, Trudeau, Martin (Ireland).

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    This is completely expected. Look, the thing is, the Asia Pacific region simply did not have a strong respiratory season for two years in a row. This is all there is to the magic of "beating Covid". What this means is that the region will have two relatively heavy respiratory seasons. You could already see this in the Asia Pacific countries in the northern hemisphere. China, Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, and so on, all of them had a winter or early spring "wave" of Covid. I used to think that they weren't as interested in hospital slaughter in Asia as they were in Europe, but I might be wrong. What is completely sure is that the region will now face two years of the same level of respiratory infections as you saw elsewhere. Whether this will be classified as Covid is an open question, but I actually wouldn't be surprised. The governments in the region have been pretending to have the situation "under control" with asinine restrictions, so they will surely have a desire to double down. Plus, since the fleecing of Europe and the Americas is at an end because there is very little money left to steal, it makes perfect sense to take the whole show eastwards.

you're lucky if you can get an exemption. I had a second shot 10 days after going positive so I could go back to work because "having covid does not preclude me from a vaccination"

On another note, do you guys have a good take on China or what?

They've just done some security pact with the Solomon islands and my federal government are harping on about preparing for war and we have the same red line as the US on these autocrats expanding like we are some kind of powerhouse nation.

So knowing that my government is psychotic and making my life difficult all the time, plus the US administration being a joke, I'm not sure what to make of it anymore. Is it just another distraction so they can all get away with what they've done?

starting strength coach development program
    Remember this? Nayirah Kuwaiti girl testimony

What the Fake Gulf War Atrocity Allegations Can Teach Us About Ukraine
    Most Americans, at this point, know that the 2003 war in Iraq was based on the lie that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and intended to use them. The infamous image of Colin Powell holding up a vial of white powder before the United Nations is proof positive of the willful deception engaged in by the Bush Administration to push us into war.

Less well known is that the first Gulf War was also based on a lie.
    If you remember, the country was divided on the first gulf war...that is, until that young lady's testimony:

“I saw the Iraqi soldiers come into the hospital with guns. They took the babies out of the incubators, took the incubators, and left the children to die on the cold floor. It was horrifying.”
    Like the Gulf of Tonkin incident of the Vietnam War, this testimony galvanized the country behind the invasion of Iraq.

Later, we learn the truth...

It was all a lie.

A relevant detail from the testimony had been left out—Nariyah’s last name. In a 1992 documentary for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (the U.S. media couldn’t be bothered to do real journalism), reporters from the show “The Fifth Estate” investigated Nariyah’s claims. They discovered that her real name was Nariyah Al-Sabah—her father was Kuwait’s ambassador to the United States, Saud Nasser Al-Sabah. Both Nasser and Nariyah were members of the Kuwaiti royal family and were part of a coordinated media campaign by the Kuwaiti government to gin up American support for the liberation of Kuwait.
    All of this was, in part, because of the skillful propaganda campaign worked by the Kuwaiti government.
    Remember, the Obama administration later legalized government propaganda. So, now it's even worse: EVERYTHING we see now is a potential lie and it's a legal service provided by our government.

How many of our wars have been justified to the American people by lies?