starting strength gym
Page 2128 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11281628202820782118212621272128212921302138217822282628 ... LastLast
Results 21,271 to 21,280 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Conspiracy theory of the day:

There's no way I can imagine how the stupidest people in the world running this country think they are doing the right thing and will face no consequences for their actions.

Maybe the aliens have already taken control, and put these stupid pieces of shit in power just for laughs to see how many sheep jump on board with them.

Seriously, is there any rational explanation for wtf is going on in the world right now?

Feels like we're living in a freaking petri dish, and it won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    France:
    Due to France's gay republican ideology, we don't know the racial demographics of France, but we do know its religion. From these figures, it's about 20-20% non-white (much higher than Britain). Among the young (with immigration and the breeding rate) it's obviously higher. Le Pen got 7% of the Muslim vote in the first round, and the far left candidate Mélenchon came third (narrowly - by ~500,000 votes) got 70% of the Muslim vote. I'm not sure what % of French citizens are non-white Muslim, but let's say 20% or 30%, and let's assume it would be higher among the young, 18-24 bracket... but that being said, let's assume a very high percentage (over half) of the young, white French are voting for Le Pen. That is weirdly inconsistent with the the idea that Generation X are all rabidly left wing, and interesting for the future of European politics.
    I’m just reminded that France was once called “The Eldest Daughter of the Church.”

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    "No phoenix is likely to arise out of the ashes of a misguided mathematical model"

(Sunetra Gupta - https://www.nature.com/articles/35088152.pdf)

A beautiful quote from a short, beautiful article on how we can sometimes put too much faith in models.
    An article written in August 2001.

IPB
    Awesome! Thanks!

I have to add something I’ve discussed before. Modeling has become popular because it’s often easier than physical analysis. For an obvious example consider a roulette wheel. A child could write the mathematical probability algorithm. Each number has a 1:38 chance. Very few could write the equations of motion for an imperfect ball thrown through turbulent air, landing on mechanically variable materials, and accurately predicting the number.

Does this mean modeling is no good? Of course not, it’s very, very useful. But it is also very dangerous in complicated systems, like viral transmission amongst real dynamic humans, And, as we have clearly seen, the math can be right but the variables and data are very wrong. Not knowing the difference is egregious.

I claim the acceptance of modeling is in part an acceptance of less qualified scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by vkp78 View Post
    Abstract
    The mRNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccines were brought to market in response to the public health crises of Covid-19. The utilization of mRNA vaccines in the context of infectious disease has no precedent. The many alterations in the vaccine mRNA hide the mRNA from cellular defenses and promote a longer biological half-life and high production of spike protein. However, the immune response to the vaccine is very different from that to a SARS-CoV-2 infection. In this paper, we present evidence that vaccination induces a profound impairment in type I interferon signaling, which has diverse adverse consequences to human health. Immune cells that have taken up the vaccine nanoparticles release into circulation large numbers of exosomes containing spike protein along with critical microRNAs that induce a signaling response in recipient cells at distant sites. We also identify potential profound disturbances in regulatory control of protein synthesis and cancer surveillance. These disturbances potentially have a causal link to neurodegenerative disease, myocarditis, immune thrombocytopenia, Bell's palsy, liver disease, impaired adaptive immunity, impaired DNA damage response and tumorigenesis. We show evidence from the VAERS database supporting our hypothesis. We believe a comprehensive risk/benefit assessment of the mRNA vaccines questions them as positive contributors to public health.
    Furthermore, it has become clear that the vaccines do not prevent transmission of the disease, but can only be claimed to reduce symptom severity (Kampf, 2021a). A study comparing vaccination rates with COVID-19 infection rates across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States in early September 2021, found no correlation between the two, suggesting that these vaccines do not protect from spread of the disease (Subramanian and Kumar, 2947). Regarding symptom severity, even this aspect is beginning to be in doubt, as demonstrated by an outbreak in an Israeli hospital that led to the death of five fully vaccinated hospital patients (Shitrit et al., 2021). Similarly, Brosh-Nissimov et al. (2021) reported that 34/152 (22%) of fully vaccinated patients among 17 Israeli hospitals died of COVID-19.
    This is now in The Literature too. The difference is that this will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    As annoying as it probably is for me to continuously devolve Current Events back to the most bedrock layers of abstraction, this is why I do such things. Work your way back to the beginning, and then carefully work your way forward with questions.

Example: if all hydrocarbon fuels are formed over millions of years of entrapping organic material in the Earth's crust, why do we assume reintroducing these entrapped carbon atoms into the atmosphere will do anything but add it back into the biological carbon cycle? Do "the models" account for this? If it was all available previously, why was there no "runaway" warming when the atmosphere was 1800-3000 ppm CO2?

I'm not being pithy or smarmy. They're legitimate questions, and from my layman understanding it looks like there would be a massive greening effect. That's it -- more living things.

Never believe a model.
    You should know by now that asking questions like this will get you labeled as a science denier. Because; as we all know, science means never asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is now in The Literature too. The difference is that this will be ignored.
    The bottom line for this paper is it has used the VAERS data base which is inconclusive, it is just a hypothesis, it is just an assumption surrounded by mostly hearsay. The VAERS can be used to show that people who have a dog have had and adverse reaction to a vaccine.

"We show evidence from the VAERS database supporting our hypothesis."

Just a moment...

“VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine.”

VAERS

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    You should know by now that asking questions like this will get you labeled as a science denier. Because; as we all know, science means never asking questions.
    Science means trust, above all else.

It pains me to talk about politics, but the Australian states are mostly cutting back on covid bullshit leading up to the federal election, which is set for 21 May. Voting is compulsory here ($222 fine, I believe), so I've usually just put the two major parties last (effectively one party, just two flavours of clown) and picked the person least likely to be a pedo/sociopath.

Optimism isn't high for this one, especially given the recent French election, and I shouldn't have been surprised to learn today that, under Australian legislation, the major parties receive $2.91 per vote ($5.82 if both senate and lower house) as reimbursement for election expenses.

Polling payday for pollies

"Politics is big business in Australia. The major parties rake in stupendous amounts of donations every election cycle and have a never-ending supply of lobbyists looking to ‘grease the wheels’. But you already knew that.

What many Australians don’t know is that the taxpayer is on the hook too … and election day is pay day if you’re one of the major parties.

When you drop your ballot paper into the box it makes barely a whisper as it disappears, but while you hear nothing, the major parties hear ‘Cha-Ching!’ as their cash register goes up by $5.84 for every person who votes for them in the Lower House and Senate. Multiply that by millions of voters and the numbers get big, fast."

The Mask mental illness is real… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

-----------
    Twitter account changes since yesterday. A rather obvious reaction when the algorithms are downgraded. Fascinating nonetheless.
    IMG_20220427_091213_815.jpg

https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/1...260297219?s=21

There is no escape in Canada. Even the ones that want to seclude themselves in a rural county and homestead.
    Agenda 2030: County proposes limiting livestock for rural residents | America'''s Frontline Doctors

------
    Covid symptoms may return after taking Paxlovid antiviral pills, in rare cases

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    France:
    That is weirdly inconsistent with the the idea that Generation X are all rabidly left wing, and interesting for the future of European politics.
    Look, they're dumb but when the Emperor stops walking down the street and comes into your home and slaps his dick in your face eventually everyone will realise he has no clothes on.

Better late then never, although it might be too late.

I saw a snippet that 90%+ of macron voters did so to vote against Le Pen. If they're muslims then that makes sense.